Lightning

SVT Disgraced

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007 | 12:22 PM
|
SVT Disgraced

So I'm driving home the other day and see this orange mustang all chromed out even got the 20" dub emblem on the front panels, big stupid wing. So as the driver looks over at me with a nod (like were boys because we have fords) he passes me and what do I see a SVT emblem on the back. As I get mad I think not only did ford drop SVT but what a kick in the family gems to have someone pretend to have a SVT. It pretty much just makes me sick. Not only to have a SVT emblem on there but even to disgrace a mustang at that. Well just thought that I would share that, I'm sure someone else has seen this ignorance.

Old 04-03-2007 | 01:17 PM
i have seen my share of cobra emblems on the fenders of v-6's.......damm shame

Old 04-03-2007 | 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by pitstain

...and SVT F-150 / Lightning emblems on n/a F-150s.

Same people that buy fake merchandise and try to sport it like it's the real thing.

They're just fake people all together IMO.

Old 04-04-2007 | 02:59 AM
when I was in college a kid in our parking lot had a V6 SN-95 99-04 Orange Mustang that was lowered/body kit and debadged totally... and SVT rims... made me sick everytime I saw it... I don't own an SVT but if I was going to put that much time into a vehicle it would at least be a GT... but definitely if it was not an SVT, it would not have any SVT markings on it.

Old 04-04-2007 | 10:54 AM
Kind of like putting a skirt on a pig....

Or sprinkling sugar on S**T....

Well , you know the rest.

Old 04-04-2007 | 11:28 AM
Who cares. Nobody knows what SVT is anyway and Ford isn't even sure that it wants the name to even continue. You have a what??? SVT Lightning. There's a better chance that they know what a BRP go cart is.

No one can further disgrace SVT. They have done a great job of it themselves...

You can get any Mercedes with AMG rims. Doesn't bother AMG as they are the most successful performance division in the world.

Old 04-04-2007 | 11:48 AM
so when i am done with my lightning swap on my truck it wouldnt be cool to put lightning badges on my lifted beast? i thought it would

Old 04-04-2007 | 05:23 PM
Sure, if the VIN is that of a Lightning.

Old 04-04-2007 | 05:49 PM
|
Originally Posted by bigtruck311
so when i am done with my lightning swap on my truck it wouldnt be cool to put lightning badges on my lifted beast? i thought it would

If you want to then your just going to be added into the group of squids.

Old 04-04-2007 | 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by TrackBeast
Who cares. Nobody knows what SVT is anyway and Ford isn't even sure that it wants the name to even continue. You have a what??? SVT Lightning. There's a better chance that they know what a BRP go cart is.

True. But I find it funny when I meet someone who really knows a bit about cars and says: "You own a Lightning!?!?! Those things are no joke." The ignorant person replies: "What's a Lightning?" He continues on: "It's the truck that's faster than a Vette!" "I see a group of them at the track every week ripping off 11-12 second passes all day long."

Old 04-04-2007 | 10:25 PM
Perfume ona Pig sounds nice!!!

Old 04-05-2007 | 06:49 AM
yes there is a guy who lives in my neighborhood who tries passing his 03 body style Mustang GT as a cobra. He bought the wheels, body kit, and emblems but he still has his original back bumper which does not say cobra. He is kind of missing the supercharger also lol. Gotta love the wanna-b's. I got a good laugh not to long ago as well when i seen a Ford Lightning "clone" for sale on ebay. Was a stock single cab with all the lightning dress up parts besides any engine or interior modification.

Old 11-01-2007 | 11:47 AM
What Rims?

Originally Posted by pitstain
Hi Pitstain, what Rims do you have on your truck? I have an 03 Lightning, and busted up one of my Rims yesterday, and am thinking of replacing all of them with something that looks sharp.

Also, anyone know where I can find a 03 Lightning Rim for a decent price?

Old 11-01-2007 | 11:52 AM
Off topic of course, but the rims are Boze alloys ZE Forged "MESH" they are 3-piece rims, and about a grand per wheel.

Old 11-01-2007 | 04:45 PM
I allmost Disgraced a SVT last night

Or maybee he just Disgraced himself, and all other SVT's??

I went up to the track last night to meet hdmlnium. I had no thoughts of running since I wasn't in my Lightning. Well Bill talked me into running, so I teched in my old brick, and pulled into the staging lanes.

I got paired up against a supercharger Gen1 Lightning, and I figured he was going to kick my butt.

The Light goes green, I let out the clutch, mash the gas, and I don't see any Lightning.
I get out to around 330 feet, I can see his headlights, but still no Lightning blowing by me.
I get to half track, and still no lightning.

Finally at about 3/4 track he catches me, and then goes by me.

I don't know what was up with that guy, he must have had a cup of coffee while the light went green, and the number he ran, must be something wrong with his truck, as I was within a second of him. I even bogged the 30 year old bronco at the start, so I know there is at least 2 tenths more I could have gotten out of it.

Quick Reply: SVT Disgraced