Lightning

JDM springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007 | 03:53 PM
|
JDM springs

Has anyone put the jdm springs on a 04 L? Did you cut them off any for the stock ride height? Thanks

Old 04-03-2007 | 06:23 PM
A good number of people think they're very similar to, if not the same as, V6 F-150 springs. No need to cut them...the extra weight of the V8 motor will naturally drop the front end a little (I'm guessing an inch or so).

Old 04-03-2007 | 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Struck in AZ
A good number of people think they're very similar to, if not the same as, V6 F-150 springs. No need to cut them...the extra weight of the V8 motor will naturally drop the front end a little (I'm guessing an inch or so).
I just put them on my 2003 2weeks ago. I did not measure before I started.
After,I measured from the floor and it was 35" to the fender lip at the center of the wheel.

I put it on the trailer and strapped it down till I had it to 32" and left it sit for a week.
When I released the straps it went up to 34". After driving a few days it settled to 33.5".
It is still a little higher than I like, but I think it will still settle.
I can definately feel a better weight transfer on the street.
The track is soon to follow.

Old 04-03-2007 | 10:18 PM
|
Originally Posted by chief40al
I just put them on my 2003 2weeks ago. I did not measure before I started.
After,I measured from the floor and it was 35" to the fender lip at the center of the wheel.

I put it on the trailer and strapped it down till I had it to 32" and left it sit for a week.
When I released the straps it went up to 34". After driving a few days it settled to 33.5".
It is still a little higher than I like, but I think it will still settle.
I can definately feel a better weight transfer on the street.
The track is soon to follow.
Can you measure from the center of the wheel hub to the fender lip?

Old 04-04-2007 | 12:51 AM
i have them,,when i first put them on it looked like a fricken 4x4 baja style,,,,after a couple trips to the ice cream store,,,it leveled out just like stock

but the front end does lift much easier,,,,so i think they are a nice aditition to the truck,,,,i got the shocks to go with it,,,,so when i get to the track next,,,,iexpecct air under the driverside tire

Old 04-04-2007 | 05:35 AM
Originally Posted by leech
Can you measure from the center of the wheel hub to the fender lip?
I will check tonight.

Old 04-04-2007 | 07:05 AM
I know the 04's have enough room in the rear wells for a studio apartment,
but is the front higher too ??? All I can tell you is the JDM Drag Springs on the Front of my 00 are Da Schitt

And it lowers is A LOT

and it seems to throw the weight to the rear of mine with no prob's ; o )
(and I love them on the streets too, handles great, takes the bumps great, it's all good.....)

Old 04-04-2007 | 07:16 AM
Which QA1 front shock are guys using with the JDM springs?

Can you stilll use TC1540P, RC1540, or DTC1540P????

Just wondering if folks have went to a different # for the JDM springs..

thanks

Old 04-04-2007 | 09:22 AM
You need to cut 1 full coil out if you have any leveling done to the back and if it still sits stock in the rear just cut 1/2 a coil, on the 03 04's

Old 04-04-2007 | 10:14 AM
|
Originally Posted by Rob_00Lightning
I know the 04's have enough room in the rear wells for a studio apartment,
but is the front higher too ??? All I can tell you is the JDM Drag Springs on the Front of my 00 are Da Schitt

And it lowers is A LOT

and it seems to throw the weight to the rear of mine with no prob's ; o )
(and I love them on the streets too, handles great, takes the bumps great, it's all good.....)
Rob, can you measure from the center of the wheel hub to the wheel well lip for me PLEASE... I think Jim III said Mike Redden took out a half of coil..

Old 04-04-2007 | 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by leech
Rob, can you measure from the center of the wheel hub to the wheel well lip for me PLEASE... I think Jim III said Mike Redden took out a half of coil..
Ok that would make sence because the front is extremely low...
I'll measure it at lunch time and let you know

I'll tell you one thing I did the ole cut a full coil off the stock springs on the 02and it hurt handling A LOT, and it wasnt as low as this. Whatever Mike and Jim did I love it, (look wise, height wise, and handling wise)

Old 04-04-2007 | 11:12 AM
Rob,
Your truck looks sweet. Does your current truck ride stiffer or smoother over road irregularities compared to a stocker? What mods have been done to the rear suspension? Thanks for your input.

Old 04-04-2007 | 01:08 PM
I have an '04 but w/ Hotckis set-up in the rear (which lowers my rear)---I cut JDM's spring only 1/2 of a coil--perfect.
First time around I cut the spring one coil and after it had time to settle, it was way too low.

Old 04-04-2007 | 01:31 PM
Then all trucks will be different, because I have hotckis leafs with stock shackles, qa1' and jdm springs up front with qa1's and I installed mine last nov. with just half a coil cut out and kept it that way for a month trying to get it to settle and was still 1 inch higher than the back. So I removed them and cut another half out and its been that way ever since and sit perfect, 5 months and still sits the same. Transfers the weight perfect.

Old 04-04-2007 | 01:42 PM
Also Jim.jr said mine came with a half a coil already cut, so if yours came that way, and then you cut a full coil I would say it would be to low, thats why i just cut another half out.

Quick Reply: JDM springs