Lightning

Reset Button on our L's

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2000 | 04:24 PM
|
Question Reset Button on our L's

I know that most Fords have a button on them in case you get in a wreck that can be reseted. I was told our L's have them as well and that that could be the reason why mine is running funny after my little incedent. Does anyone know where this button is located, also Im still in need of a front bumper, bumper cover and fog light brackets, If anyone knows where I can get the parts I need cheaper than a dealer Please Help? Thanks abunch.

Old 12-06-2000 | 04:58 PM
I don't think that would be the problem. That button shuts off the fuel pump(s) so if a fuel line is cut it doesn't spray gas all over the place. It's an all or nothing deal.
But if you still want to check it, according to the wiring manual the "Inertia Fuel Shutoff Switch" is located "Behind right side of I/P[instrument panel]".

------------------
Mark
'00 Lightning
'79+ Corvette

Old 12-06-2000 | 05:01 PM
i believe the switch you are talking about is the inertia switch. this switch shuts down fuel delivery to the motor in case you were rearended by someone. this switch is located in the trunk on every car that ive seen that actually had it. i know the newer ford vehicles have it, some of them anyway, that i know of. but if this is the switch your referring to, when it pops off, the car wont run at all, not just ran badly, wont start even. but you say the truck runs, but runs badly. but figured i would atleast put my .02 cents in this. : ) in the event you were rearended and the switch pops off, you manually have to open the trunk and pull back the carpeting and you see a black button, you have to press it, and it automatically will be in the on position again. then try to restart the car. later Mike. P.S. like i said though, the vehicle wont run at all if this button is popped.

Old 12-06-2000 | 05:41 PM
The button is located behind the kick panel on the passenger side, right below the computer.

Jerrod

Old 12-06-2000 | 06:34 PM
Leen,

Make sure you didn't kink something when you went cross country skiing. The exhaust system comes to mind immediately.

------------------
Regards,
Gordon

'99 Red Lightning
Johnny Lightning Superchip
Johnny Lighting Ram Air Kit
Century Tonneau
Best 1/4 mi. ET: 13.249 secs

Old 12-06-2000 | 09:16 PM
|
BadDog, I have 2 two chamber flows on my L but the truck seems to be alot quieter after I went Four-wheelin, the exhaust looks ok but I cant figure out why the truck would not be as loud as it was before, maybe I got some mud or grass in the mufflers,lol! I think im gonna disconnect the battery and let the computer reset itself.

Quick Reply: Reset Button on our L's