Lightning

Turbo Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo Trucks

I haven't seen very many people posting about turbo trucks these days. What's going on out there? Any dyno sheets?

Old 04-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Turbo trucks are gay!!!!

Old 04-06-2007, 10:12 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by SVTLIGHTING
Turbo trucks are gay!!!!
naw son,
that's why the worlds fastest lightning is turbo charged?????

SRT is gay

Old 04-06-2007, 10:16 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
double post

Old 04-06-2007, 10:29 PM
i think more of the turbo guys hang out on nloc among other places...

Old 04-06-2007, 11:45 PM
turbos are for guys who cant get the power out of a blower.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:24 AM

Hahah I love it...
I'm in the middle of a nice little turbo build. 4V Navi motor is being beefed up internally by Boss 330 racing as I type this. Have a Turbonetics T-76 to feed it.
Most of us are over on NLOC since they have a Turbo section. Makes us feel special We're still only a small percentage of the owners, but I have no doubt you will see A LOT more snails going in after this year.

To each his own...

But hopefully I'll be doing the owning

Old 04-07-2007, 02:59 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

HI!... Turbo's are for guys who want to make more power than a blower can provide. To make 600RWH.P with a blower you lose about 100H.P spinning that blower.To make 600RWH.P with a TURBO you lose about 11-15H.P to spin the turbo. With todays technology, turbos are WAY superior over SC'ers.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:10 AM
haha last year somtime i said the same thing on this site and about got my head bit off. Turbos are sick on trucks but tend to have problems overtime, prolly the reason SVT used an S/C instead of turbo....warranty issues...

Old 04-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by JesseSVT
haha last year somtime i said the same thing on this site and about got my head bit off. Turbos are sick on trucks but tend to have problems overtime, prolly the reason SVT used an S/C instead of turbo....warranty issues...

"I don't think so Tim"

Turbos have warranty issues? Ford makes plenty of turbo vehicles, but they're all in Australia for some crazy reason (Falcon, Typhoon, etc).

Why doesn't Ford slap SC's on their diesels? I mean, those trucks are defined by their longevity.

The fact of the matter is that turbos are more EXPENSIVE than SC's for the setup. You CANNOT argue that they make more power, or are more reliable. If anything, turbos cause less stress on the engine,because they don't take power to make power.

WooT! Let's start the battle people!

Old 04-07-2007, 11:00 AM
OK
If they're so much better than why isnt "1" Dragster or Funny Car or Pro Stocker using them when we watch the NHRA Big Boys race on Sundays ???

I wont argue the fact they dont make more with less, but at what cost ?
Ya we've seen a stock block L run a 10, ya we see less boost put down more power, but it seems to me to have a REALLY fast Turbo set up you basically have to give up the possibility of driving it anywhere else other than the track. (and no mustangs dont count you can bolt a supercharger on one of them and run 8's and 9's all day long too)

The Worlds Fastest L was the World Fastest L when it was Supercharged too,
I truly dig Johnny Sue and the crew and to all his accomplishments, the mans been King for ever "and most of the time is was with a SC"
Yes he's faster now than ever before but come on it's Front Halfed, Back Halfed, Chopped, Stripped, Stroked, and A LOT more....
Thats like saying John Force has the worlds fastest Mustang
(the only part of that Funny Car from a Mustang is the grill emblem)

Although I agree Turbo's have come A LONG WAY (and will prob pass S/C's some day), other than one L on here I have never seen one look even half way decent under the hood. And I dont think too many people with the Killer Turbo's could do much driving on the streets with 3500 - 5500 RPM Stall Convertors

Old 04-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My truck made 805/830 to the wheels turbo'ed, and that was almost 2 years ago. To this day, I've yet to see ANY dyno sheets from an all boost Lightning showing more power.

The right turbo will make more power than a blower, period. I think the delays in some ETs on these trucks, is that most of them are being done as piece together kits, and there are a LOT of bugs to work out of a turbo Lightning, since this is fairly new ground. Also, not every turbo truck owner has dedicated time to the truck, sometimes other priorities come first and the truck gets put on the back burner (as is the case with Scott, who owns my truck).

Old 04-07-2007, 01:01 PM
turbo's belong on rice they got the huge dyno sheets to prove it,,,,,they work great on striped down race truck,,,,,but if you are north of 4200lbs,,,,nothing beats a big bad blower,,,nothing,,,well maybe a nos truck

Old 04-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lightninquick
turbo's belong on rice they got the huge dyno sheets to prove it,,,,,they work great on striped down race truck,,,,,but if you are north of 4200lbs,,,,nothing beats a big bad blower,,,nothing,,,well maybe a nos truck
My truck was 4760 race weight. Definitely no lightweight. Also, my truck picked up 100 rwhp going from the blower to the turbo, at the same exact boost level.

It's nice to not have to lose 100 rwhp to driving a big blower .

Old 04-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by LightningTuner
My truck was 4760 race weight. Definitely no lightweight. Also, my truck picked up 100 rwhp going from the blower to the turbo, at the same exact boost level.

It's nice to not have to lose 100 rwhp to driving a big blower .

it would be nice to gain a 100 hp,,,im more interested in gaining tenths on the track,,,,,even with a 100 hp less then the turbo,,,the blowers seem to be up front

i wonder how much hp i will lose with a 3.3 twinscrew

Quick Reply: Turbo Trucks