Lightning

Why to get married

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2000 | 09:40 AM
Smile

I was married 2 months before I turned 18. (she was a year older) Everyone thought we were crazy but it was the best choice I have ever made in my still young life. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have my wife who gave birth to my son and does everything she can to make me happy. I wont say it was easy in the beginning though. But all in all, I would give up everything in a heartbeat for my family.

Darryl

------------------
2000 White lightning #4494
Born on 8/3/00
Delivered 10/18/00
Stock except for Line-X (but not for long hehe!!!!)

Old 11-30-2000 | 10:44 AM
Single....and having never actually witnessed a happy marraige personally...I think I will be remaining that way forever.

Marriage nowadays seems more of a contractual agreement than having a lot to do with love. Of course, there are exceptions, as in any situation.

But for me. No thanks.

I'm keeping my money and all my toys...and living it up for as long as I can to the best of my (financial) ability!

I'm not a gambling man...but if someone told me that I could enter a situation, where there was a 50% chance that I could keep everything I had now and a 50% chance that I would loose half of my assets...well I would leave that person in a cloud of F1 tire smoke as I got outa there as fast as possible.

I'm just too cynical.

------------------
2000 Red Lightning
95 Saleen S-351 Convertible/Triple Black
97 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic

Old 11-30-2000 | 11:34 AM
Heh, heh. Saleen, you naive puppy!

One of these days, a woman will liquify your brain and drain it from your Johnson. Your cynicism will vanish, and you will be convinced she is the "one" in whom you can put all your trust and love.

Of course eventually, you will find out you were right in the first place, but by that point you will be well past the point of no return, with your assets hanging in the balance.

------------------
Regards,
Gordon

'99 Red Lightning
Johnny Lightning Superchip
Johnny Lighting Ram Air Kit
Century Tonneau
Best 1/4 mi. ET: 13.249 secs

Old 11-30-2000 | 01:21 PM
This is my 2nd marriage, first real wife. I wouldnt trade it for anything. I got married young the first time. We split, I got all my partying and having a good time out of my system. I just got married again this yr at the age of 30. It was 7 yrs between and I had the time of my life. She is great, dont mind my track time, modding the car, etc,etc. I now have a 10 month old son and a 3 yr old stepson and wouldnt take nothing for them. Never say never, some nice young lady is going to come along one day and blow you away.

Brad

Old 11-30-2000 | 02:04 PM
RT I'll do that, but only if it's on a friendly basis. I have a very special Lightning guy right now and I love him a lot. But you can never have too many friends.
FordPlay, My mom and dad have been married for 27 years now happily. I wasn't raised to be a quitter. I would like to think when I get married it's to somebody who feels the same way. Besides, when you marry me it's for life, if you want out I'll be happy to kill you. HEHEHE JK
CA

Old 11-30-2000 | 02:36 PM
John893 - your teal cobra is beautiful!
dont get rid of it! (unless you sell it to me)
i hope you dont mind, i had to save a couple of pics of it.

Old 11-30-2000 | 03:27 PM
Well, sometimes in life, we make stupid choices based on bad examples. The men I picked for my 2 marriages could not have been more wrong for me. We had so much in common in our hobbies, but nothing in ourselves. Needless to say, they treated me very poorly. Unfortunately, due to my upbringing, this was what I expected out of marriage, so it took me a while to realize my mistake.

I am now with a man who is wonderful. I wouldn't trade him for the world. He treats me like his best friend, his lover, and his soul mate. Luckily for me, he shares my love of vehicles, the outdoors, and the simple things in life. Don't get me wrong, all is not perfect..... but, when you are treated with respect and love, these trivial little things really don't matter much. When he asks me to marry him, there will be no hesitation on my part. We even want children (something I could not even consider with my other marriages).

That perfect person is out there for everyone. Unfortunately, sometimes we have to wade through the mud to get to them. And sometimes you will find them when you least expect to (I met Rick in the Fourwheeler chatboard, on the internet). I am so thankful we found each other.

Oh, I am the one that got him on the Lightning kick. His 01' will go nicely with my 94.

------------------
Gloria
94 Lightning, daily driver
93 EB Explorer, 1000 RTI

Old 11-30-2000 | 10:42 PM
I let a doctor friend drive my 00 lite and first thing she said when she got back was will you marry me. she wants 1 of my lites. only two marriage proposals that night. lightning does attract.

Old 12-01-2000 | 12:05 AM
I am 22 and have been dating the same woman for 4 years. If it were up to her we would have been married 3 years ago. I am pushing it off as long as I can. I want to make sure I am 110% sure that I am ready when I ask her. I do see her as being my wife in the future I just don't want to have any doubts about it. I know for a fact that she would never leave me high and dry. I have a 93 cobra now and want to sell it to get a 96 mystic. She suggested that I pay the 93 off and then buy the 96 in addition to. Next up for me is a house and then we will see how somewhat living together works. I agree with the married guys that a wife is something much more then any car or toy can compare to. I come from a family of 5 kids and my parents have been happily married for 32 years. I just hope that I can have the same bond with my wife as my parents do.

------------------
93 Teal Cobra #4656
2000 Silver Lightning #4524

Old 12-01-2000 | 12:14 AM
I was married for 16 years. Ours was one of the story book marriages, they can and do happen. We didn't always agree, and sometimes we argued, but I was usually in the wrong and she always forgave me. She had our son, and nothing in life is more precious than children, God love thier black little hearts (j/k).

Our marriage ended when my wife passed away in May 99, this is by far the worst thing that ever happened to me and I cannot imagine anything that could be any worse. I miss her horribly and would give anything (except our son) to have her back.

Marriage, when it's right, is the best thing that can happen to a man, period.

The Wyldman

Old 12-01-2000 | 12:40 AM
I'd do it again in a minute. You have to be very patient and find the right one though. My wife is responsible for me getting my Lightning. I had a chance to buy one on "A" plan and wasn't going to do it because the timing wasn't perfect financially. She said "I heard you talking about those trucks for the last two years. You have the chance so why don't you go get one." So I did :-)

Old 12-01-2000 | 12:57 AM
One thing can be said about those who think they hate it or even have the idea that it's not their best choice in life. Stop right now, look at your life the way it is now, and imagine how it would have been with out her support. Imagine how you would be next month or next year with out her. Then think again about what you want in life. Sometimes like Wildman said, times are not always good and you don't see eye to eye. BUT!!! If it was then you would still have to question something. Be thankful for her loving supports while you have it, you NEVER know when it can be gone in an instant. After 16 years myself and some rocky roads, near loosing her for my foolish ways......... I have seen the light and it didn't look very bright. The toys can go, lord just give me my loving wife. With her support I can accomplish anything. One thing young marriage's need to know, once you build a wall over a long period of time, its hell to tear it down. You can't make it new again, you only get one chance at it.

Tt

Old 12-01-2000 | 10:53 AM
|
SVTGIRL

Don't get me wrong I want to get married someday? And when I do it will be for life for one reason. My kids, I have to have kids to carry on my name and Its true that your kids are more important then anything else in this world. I have experienced firat hand with my parents being divorced for over ten years and separated for 6 before the divorce. I'm only 19 so you do the math. My parents haven't lived in the same house for the past 16 years and I still saw my dad every weekend atleast, more like three to four times a week. Now if you don't have kids and things arn't working then ditch the bitch and go racing. Just my thoughts anyway.

But hey you need to come out to chicago and party with me and all my friends. We pretty much no sombody in every club so we get the whole V.I.P. Treatment. Thats good that you have sombody, but I must say that five minutes with me and you wouldn't remember his name. And I not talking about haveing sex either. I'm just that great. It's the truth. I'm just messing with you. I kinda have someone new one the horizon myself. No not the stripper guys, I dropped that liked a bad habit, she was nice but I don't need to deal with her exboyfriend and her kid. This ones absolutly gorgeous. 22 years old too. Finally someone whos more mature.

I never thought this topic would get this much response like this.

------------------
99.5 red lightning
Cervini's ram air hood
billet grilles
clear coreners
clear tail's
A.R.E bed cover
SS street style mirror's
Super chip R9
airaid intake
trans go shift kit
Audio: Kenwood 9015 cd, Kenwood kmd minidisc, Kicker 5x7 impulse, kicker 5.25 resolution, phoenix gold zx450, Phoenix gold zx500, Three JL audio 10w3's, Qform's, custom built box.
Built 5/4/99 A tuesday
# 917 of 4000
Best ET. 13.42 at 100.98
best stock 13.96 at ?

When the green light drops, the bullsh*t stops.

Old 12-01-2000 | 03:47 PM
My last wife (no. 2) and I were happy for many years, then we met.

Since this spring, she's in Montréal with her boyfriend and our 9-year-old daughter, and I'm in Ottawa with our three teenagers. Hence, the 39,480 km (25,000 miles) on my 2000-model truck.

She did learn something from her time with me, however. She loved my trucks. Now, she and her boyfriend have ordered a '01 SCrew 4X4. What hurts is she's paying her half with my money from the Separation Agreement.

Still, I'm an optimist and I'm crazy enough to try it again, with the right woman. If you got that, you've got everything. That's the way I look at it.

------------------
Black 2000 SC short-box XLT. 4.2 V-6, 5-speed, 3.55 limited-slip. CD, remote entry, factory side steps, rear fender inner splash shields (TSB 00-09-05), FORD box liner.

My third F-series. The other two: '73 F-100 Custom, 240 cube 6, 3 on the tree, tan, "West Coast" mirrors, step bumper, knitted vinyl seat, AM radio; and '98 F-150 XL-SC, XLS package, Pacific Green, 4.2 5-speed, 3.55 ls, FM-cassette.

GREAT trucks!

Old 12-01-2000 | 04:04 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
I've been married to the same woman for 23 years.
"Why?" you ask.

Her daddy was a professional wrestler and he still knows all the holds.

Quick Reply: Why to get married