Lightning

Why to get married

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2000 | 04:38 PM
|
Post Why to get married

I'm just curios if anybody on this site is happy that they got married. I'll tell you what, the more and more I read about all of your experiences, the more and more I think I'm never going to get married. I just think its funny what you guys say about your wifes. I'm sure your happy(sometimes) but is it really that bad. I was think when I'm about 28 I would start to think about it. So I got 9 years to party and play. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Just kiding
Life is great

------------------
99.5 red lightning
Cervini's ram air hood
billet grilles
clear coreners
clear tail's
A.R.E bed cover
SS street style mirror's
Super chip R9
airaid intake
trans go shift kit
Audio: Kenwood 9015 cd, Kenwood kmd minidisc, Kicker 5x7 impulse, kicker 5.25 resolution, phoenix gold zx450, Phoenix gold zx500, Three JL audio 10w3's, Qform's, custom built box.
Built 5/4/99 A tuesday
# 917 of 4000
Best ET. 13.42 at 100.98
best stock 13.96 at ?

When the green light drops, the bullsh*t stops.

Old 11-29-2000 | 04:46 PM
I'm almost 33, been married for 10.5 years, and its been great. I have an awesome wife, a 6 yr old son, and a 3 yr old daughter. I'd trade all my hot-rods in a heartbeat if it meant keeping them...and I'm serious!

I think my wife is cool to let me tinker with my vehicles anytime I want to.

FWIW, I don't have to "ask for permission".

------------------
Wes Tarbox
90 LX 5.0 (10.69 @ 134.7)--597rwhp/590rwtq
96 Cobra (12.34 @ 115.8)--392rwhp/433rwtq
99 Lightning (13.20 @ 103.8)--364rwhp/447rwtq
00 Expedition XLT 5.4
http://members.aol.com/Wa2fst/index.html

Old 11-29-2000 | 04:53 PM
I want to get married someday. But it's going to have to be forever, and I hope when I get married my husband doesn't get jealous of my Lightning Guess I'll have to find a man who has a Lightning too so that the odds are even...<eg>
CA

Old 11-29-2000 | 04:59 PM
RTKILLA,
When I saw the title of this post I knew you had to be the starter. As for getting married I think I thought the same as you a few years ago but then I met my wife. She will do anything to make me happy. It feels good to know someone will love you no matter what happens. I would never change the way I have done things.

------------------
00 Black Lightning
No mods yet
00 Honda Civic
01 Pontiac Grand AM GT

Old 11-29-2000 | 05:29 PM
|
Whitelightningsvtgirl If you ever come out to chicago, you need to call me up. I feel the same way about my truck. Every girl I date thinks I like my truck better, and in the beging I do. HAHA Well I guess its good to see somebody happy. You should E-mail me your number. I'll take you out and show you a good time in the city. I'm driving. I'm serious.

------------------
99.5 red lightning
Cervini's ram air hood
billet grilles
clear coreners
clear tail's
A.R.E bed cover
SS street style mirror's
Super chip R9
airaid intake
trans go shift kit
Audio: Kenwood 9015 cd, Kenwood kmd minidisc, Kicker 5x7 impulse, kicker 5.25 resolution, phoenix gold zx450, Phoenix gold zx500, Three JL audio 10w3's, Qform's, custom built box.
Built 5/4/99 A tuesday
# 917 of 4000
Best ET. 13.42 at 100.98
best stock 13.96 at ?

When the green light drops, the bullsh*t stops.

Old 11-29-2000 | 05:55 PM
Exclamation

OH NO!!!!! Not another CA Will You Marry Me threads!!!!

Old 11-29-2000 | 06:52 PM
Cool

Married at 30! Then divorced at 31! Just that fast. Sold my 68 mustang Fastback to buy the house after the divorce. Sold the 95 (White)Lightning to pay off the debt. The 72 Bronco I bought in Aurora Col with 29,000 Orig miles went by,by. That one Hurt! I Did that for Love!

The Bronco paid for the Honeymoon to Aruba! I got the Dog and she took the cat's. I hated having something in the house sneaky'er than me.

A pretty face don't always make for a pretty heart. Now at 33,Would I risk it all again? "YES" Women, you gotta love'em! I just pray next time I won't pick one with a cheating heart!!

------------------
2001 L. (Silver Frost)
Order#1148

Old 11-29-2000 | 07:00 PM
Seriously now....

once in a while you have to grow up and be a bit responsible! ;-)

I honestly love being married. She is with me in the evenings, I don't have to drive her home at night, and most of all it's nice to have the companionship.

Don't be mistaken, She didn't want me to sell my truck, I made the choice...NOT her. My wife actually loved the truck and felt real safe in it. Sometimes you realize that a place to live or call home is a bit more important than the vehicle you drive. A home is an investment. A vehicle is not. I thought I would never change my thinking but I have. It's not a bad thing because there will always be a perfomance car out there. Maybe it won't be a Lightning but it will be something. I'd like to see how many jump ship when Chev comes out with a higher horsepower (360 HP) "bye-bye" Z28 next year, as it is rumoured to be. Should be interesting.

Oh well...enough of my rambling.

Paul G.

Old 11-29-2000 | 08:38 PM
RTKILLA,

She makes more than I do, so I guess it's her paycheck that makes the L sitting in my driveway possible. Not to mention she's gorgeous and gave birth to two beautiful girls of mine. 7&4 years old. The L could catch fire and I wouldn't care as long as I had my family.

PBGas,

I hope you're wrong about the Z28 because that gives me a reason to jerk the heads. The real bottle cork of our engine.

------------------
Jim
Black '00
#1,757 of 4,966
Built 3/30/00 (a Thursday!)
Clear corners
J.L. Enhanced R9
J.L. Stage II Ram-Air
FMS oval T/B next
HP booster of my own
G-Tech 13.72 stock

Old 11-29-2000 | 09:01 PM
You know its always when your haveing a really *****ty day and you see these threads, So here is where I stand, F^$@%$!$!@$! $!@$!@$$@#$ @$#!@@$@$ @$!@ $!@$@#$!@#$!@$#@#$!(get the picture?) Im not even gona think about that S_HIT FOR A LONG LONG TIME. Im glad age is on my side, but Theres just stuff I would rather have set first and well the list goes on...

Old 11-30-2000 | 05:06 AM
Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
well, all I can say is PRE-NUP. Its either that or life long friends.

Old 11-30-2000 | 07:26 AM
The best thing about my 20 year marriage was when it ended! Now after being single for 9 years I don't think I'll ever get married again...... unless it's with a bullet-proof prenup. Marriage...before 40 is an act of love, marriage... after 40 is a financial arrangement. Don't mean to be cinical about it, just my experiance.

Old 11-30-2000 | 07:56 AM
Exclamation

newbie to marriage here, only 3 years, but would give up everything for her. Yes everyone has their differences, but I love knowing that I'm not "alone" in my life. She may not always fix my dinner, but I can always count on her for "other" things. I got married when I was 28, when I was your age I didnt want to get married, just give it time, you will.

------------------
99' Black (Wikd)SVT
best run 13.47 @ 102.89

01' Nissan Pathfinder
16.13 @ 82.59
240hp/265tq
wanna mod, but wife rolls her eye's

Old 11-30-2000 | 08:02 AM
When you find the right person, you'll know it. There are different kinds of love in this world. I love chocolate, I love chicken wings, and I really love my Lightning. But the love I have for my wife is something completely different. It's about sharing a life together, a freindship like no other. To be able to look in her eyes and see the bond, the caring, the trust, and the strength to see past my weaknesses is humbling. It makes your life complete. No other thing is even close to comparing.

It scares the hell out of me to think that someday one of us will be gone and the other must live without. That is love!

I was told once that if you don't really dig her (which sounds pretty goofy today) then it's not really right.

Marriage is not a convenience thing. It's not about living together so that you can get laid every night. It's about building and sharing a life together. When I get asked whether this is my first marriage, I respond that it is my only marriage. There is no option. Period. (Of course, this might have something to do with neither of being able to afford the alternative )

Anywho, it's great when it's right.

------------------
2000 Red Lightning - #835 of 4966 Born 3-8-00 / Delivered 3-22-00
22% Window Tint, Clear Corners, MPulse LoPro Tonneau, AIM 2" Drop Shackles, Bed Rug, PSP Filter Kit, Other Goodies, Group Buy Floor Mats
Best time: 13.45 sec. @ 101.99 mph

2000 Red Trans Am Ram Air WS6, 6 Speed - Delivered 2-15-00 - Awesome Looking Car

My Zing.com Album Click Here

Old 11-30-2000 | 09:31 AM
Just turned 29 in October, not married, really not in a hurry to be married. Having too much fun with too many friends!! If ya know what I mean?
The L is great for dates but not enough room, so I choose the 99 Deville.

Hey SVT LIGHTNING GIRL, forever is a long time and unfortunately is todays society forever lasts between 5 & 10 years. If you have something special, fantastic, but it's when things get a little rough, and they will, it's how the relationship holds at that time will be the tell tale. Ask Hillary Clinton!!!

Single I Am, And Do Eat Green Eggs And Ham!

------------------
99 Red Lightning
PSP Chip
Pro-M Meter
Lowered

Quick Reply: Why to get married