Bushisms

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2000, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Bushisms

Without comment:
Direct quotes from George W.

"They misunderestimated me."—Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."--Reuters, May 5, 2000 (Thanks to Allison Fansler.)

"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program."—St. Charles, Mo., Nov. 2, 2000

"It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet."—Arlington Heights, Ill., Oct. 24, 2000

"The woman who knew that I had dyslexia I never interviewed her."—Orange, Calif., Sept. 15, 2000

"Drug therapies are replacing a lot of medicines as we used to know it."

"If affirmative action means what I just described, what I'm for, then I'm for it."—St. Louis, Mo., October 18, 2000

"I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children."—Second presidential debate, Oct. 11, 2000 (Thanks to Leonard Williams.)

"It's going to require numerous IRA agents."—On Gore's tax plan, Greensboro, N.C., Oct. 10, 2000

"I will have a foreign-handed foreign policy."—Redwood, Calif., Sept. 27, 2000

"It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas."—Beaverton, Ore., Sep. 25, 2000

"They have miscalculated me as a leader."—Ibid

"Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness."--Ibid.

"We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile.''—Ibid

"The fundamental question is, 'Will I be a successful president when it comes to foreign policy?' I will be, but until I'm the president, it's going to be hard for me to verify that I think I'll be more effective."—In Wayne, Mich., as quoted by Katharine Q. Seelye in the New York Times, June 28, 2000

"Actually, I—this may sound a little West Texan to you, but I like it. When I'm talking about—when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me."—Ibid

"I think we agree, the past is over."—On his meeting with John McCain, Dallas Morning News, May 10, 2000

"The senator has got to understand if he's going to have—he can't have it both ways. He can't take the high horse and then claim the low road."—To reporters in Florence, S.C., Feb. 17, 2000

"This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It's what you do when you run for president. You gotta preserve."—Speaking during "Perseverance Month" at Fairgrounds Elementary School in Nashua, N.H. As quoted in the Los Angeles Times, Jan. 28, 2000

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."—Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000

"When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and you knew exactly who they were," he said. "It was us vs. them, and it was clear who them was. Today, we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there."—Iowa Western Community College, Jan 21, 2000

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"—Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

"The important question is, How many hands have I shaked?"—Answering a question about why he hasn't spent more time in New Hampshire, in the New York Times, Oct. 23, 1999

"What I am against is quotas. I am against hard quotas, quotas they basically delineate based upon whatever. However they delineate, quotas, I think vulcanize society. So I don't know how that fits into what everybody else is saying, their relative positions, but that's my position.''—Quoted by Molly Ivins, the San Francisco Chronicle, Jan. 21, 2000 (Thanks to Toni L. Gould.

Old 12-06-2000, 03:23 PM
Thumbs up

i guess all of us screw up like that when we are drunk too, but fortunately are far enough from the microphone or camera for documentation. those are all forgivable.
the 2 best lines i heard during the campaign that decided it for me were.

Gore: "when i am your President, i promise to see that you are treated fairly at the "petroleum refilling facility"

Bush: "hey,, see that guy there... he's a major *******"

Old 12-06-2000, 03:33 PM
Hehehe:
Gotta love ole GW! At least he's smart enough to surround himself with literates!
Hey Al: Looks like YOU'LL be treating people fairly at the petroleum refilling facility...
probably your next (first) job!

Old 12-06-2000, 06:41 PM
Now we know by G.H.W. Bush liked Dan Quayle so much. He reminded old George of his son!

Oh, well. Young George will only last 4 years, just like the old man.

------------------
Regards,
Gordon

'99 Red Lightning
Johnny Lightning Superchip
Johnny Lighting Ram Air Kit
Century Tonneau
Best 1/4 mi. ET: 13.249 secs

Old 12-07-2000, 12:14 AM
Who the hell cares?? At least he ain't smokin' the dad gum crack pipe like Gore... Gore is like Custer's last stand..he does not know when he is about to get his *** kicked..and thats a Tejas fact jack...take that one to the bank.... The governor is your next President...and you should be blessed...IMHO...

[This message has been edited by whitelightnin' (edited 12-07-2000).]

Old 12-07-2000, 12:36 AM
Thumbs down

I ALMOST FORGOT...GORE SUCKS! I feel better now..thanks for your support

boston..home of the big dig... LOL

[This message has been edited by whitelightnin' (edited 12-07-2000).]

Old 12-07-2000, 04:44 AM
whiteLightin, you're right. Bush hasn't touched a crack pipe in at least 10 years now. LOL.

I'll never have any respect for that drunken, coke-sniffing, walking malapropism.

Oh yeah. Gore sucks too.

It's just a question of which Wizard of Oz character you want to have for President: the one who needs a heart - or the one who needs a brain.

------------------
Regards,
Gordon

'99 Red Lightning
Johnny Lightning Superchip
Johnny Lighting Ram Air Kit
Century Tonneau
Best 1/4 mi. ET: 13.249 secs

Quick Reply: Bushisms