Lightning

Insurance question....is this right??

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2000 | 11:21 PM
|
Question Insurance question....is this right??

A friend of mine just purchased a 2000 Z28. He's 23, has 2 accidents in the past year and several tickets on his record, but he claims he pays only $100 a month through Statefarm!! He said the vehicle is insured through his father and show's his father's address on the policy. Since he doesn't live at the same address, he can just claim he was borrowing the car in case of an accident. The vehicle's title only shows his name and not his father's. I told him it was too good to be true and he should get it insured the right way. What does everyone here think....will this work???

------------------
Red 2000 SVT Lightning

Old 12-06-2000 | 11:58 PM
Thumbs down

Not to be rude. But I think 'daddy's boy' should pay for his own policy and bills. Basically, the father is probably the primary and only listed driver. The son is probably insured on another family vehicle (station wagon)? I think with all the violations, his monthly insurance would be more than his car payments. I sure the insurance company will eventually find out when they get ahold of the registration and only see his name on the paper.

------------------
1999 F250 LD S/C XLT 4x4
5.4L, 3.73, 4R100 trans.
Flowmaster 40 "DF" series, K&N, Superchip, WMS Velocity Tube, Rancho RSX shocks, Hellwig rear swaybar, Stull billet grille, 2-PIAA Pro80XT's (120W), 2-KC Daylighters (150W), Clear Side Lens Mod w/ 9006 (55W bulbs). 265/70 R17 BFG AT KO's on 17x8 American Racing Atlas rims
Kenwood 7007 CD, Alpine 3342 Signal Processor, Alpine MRV-F353 5Ch. Amp, Pioneer TS-A6865 3-way speakers, MTX Thunderforms. CompuStar alarm/autostart. On the way: Performance Accessories 3" body lift, 33/12.5/17 ProComps, GSP grille guard and more KC's

Old 12-07-2000 | 02:21 AM
If the "son" is the guy listed on the title, and the father is the one listed on the insurance, I think he will be screwed if he gets in another wreck. I thought the name on the title had to be the person who carried the insurance, that is what I was told when I got my Cobra anyway.

Old 12-07-2000 | 03:21 AM
|
Lightbulb

z96Cobra,
I was thinking the same thing and I was trying to get this point across but it turned into an argument and I posted here to see if I was right. Anyway, he claims as long as his address where he makes his residence is different from what's on the policy he'll be fine. Oh well....he's a GM guy...that might explain it.

------------------
Red 2000 SVT Lightning

Old 12-07-2000 | 08:39 AM
How do you say......

Insurance Fraud????

Guess who's paying for it??

We are!!

If he wrecks it to the point of totaling it and has to hand over the Title he's screwed.

As he should be.

IMHO---Bob

PS--If you read my signature you'll see I know what happens when you hand over a title. At least mine was an act of God and not chargeable.

------------------

The vehicle above is one of many. Try refreshing. It goes by random but the Expy was exactly like mine. Now it's a
2000 EB Expedition 5.4L, Estate Green with all the perks,3.55 LS,Heated and Signal Mirrors and Seats Moon Roof. Auto adjusting peddles,seats, and mirrors. Rhino Step Bar (coming), Ford Bug Shield,Even the hitch propeller, More to come... My 99 Expy was destroyed in a Wisconsin Tornado (No B.S.) Allstate did good by me but I still took a hit on mileage.

[This message has been edited by ExpyBob (edited 12-07-2000).]

Quick Reply: Insurance question....is this right??