Lightning

Lightning engine measurements

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007 | 03:40 AM
cant u just get a chip with the stuff u want turned off ?? shouldnt be more than the normal chip price....I know u can turn the pats off with one as I had to at one point. would also lessen a few headaches. btw swet 32 man

Old 04-26-2007 | 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by gearhead32
DrTriton; Thanks for the pics of the coupe. I also drive a '32 roadster with a EFI 5.0 and a 5 speed. I built it in 1991 and have driven the wheels of it. Fun car. Even though I have put many miles on it I have never painted it; hope to finish my truck this summer, and then maybe, maybe, I will have the time to break it down for paint. Besides the car needs to be refreshed and I also have all the parts gathered to build a 347 CI EFI motor. Looking forward to it.

I realized I can get a tuner to program out the "stuff" I don't want/need but I would like to keep it as stock as possible, but .......... We all know how that can go. I have talked to few tuners and the best price has been in $1000 range. Do you have leads on antone that is not so pricey?

I have a very extensive collection of Ford wiring diagrams and I have figured out how they do things. I also have some engineering contacts at Ford that help some times. As an electronics tech by profession the electrical stuff has never really been a problem.

I am adapting the the GM 350 Lokar CABLE shifter as I can't approach the tranny shift lever from the rear. I must came in from the front to access the shift lever and the digital sensor. I was lead to believe that the Lokar C4 shifter was not available with a cable format; was I lead astray?

Really appreciate your comments and help
Thanks ...............Wayne
The person I had reprogram mine only charged $200. Unfortunately he is not doing them anymore. Call around to some of the tuners mentioned throughout the board and you should be able to find someone to do it for a reasonable cost.

I'm not sure on the Lokar C4 cable shifter - you might want to give Lokar a call directly to find out. I heard they were coming out with a shifter for the E4OD/4R100 trans but couldn't wait so I modified the C4 unit to fit.

Good luck with your project.

Old 04-26-2007 | 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Blown5Pnt4
cant u just get a chip with the stuff u want turned off ?? shouldnt be more than the normal chip price....I know u can turn the pats off with one as I had to at one point. would also lessen a few headaches. btw swet 32 man
Thanks Blown5pnt4. I believe you could take care of it that way as well - I've had problems with the chips in the past so I elected to go the other route.

Old 04-27-2007 | 11:32 AM
Give Sal at PSP a call. He can set you up with a hand held tuner that can meet all your needs and allow you to make some other changes.

Old 04-30-2007 | 02:14 PM
The headers are a big problem. I was trying to use stock but drivers side doesnt fit; hits the upper control arm. I got a set of Bassani's for a 4.6 Cobra and they fit, but you have to change the EGR fitting. Bassani was great. They sent a set of uncoated headers, I changed the fitting; sent the headers back and they coated them for me. They will also install the larger Lightning fitting for you, but I wanted to fit it myself to ensure I didn't have modify the EGR pipe.
Got alittle done this weekend. Just about finished the tranny crossmember. I'm trying to tiddy up the motor crossmember before I snap a few pics.. haha.

I'll need to order the headers soon. you say from a 4.6 Cobra, any year specifics? I'd perfer them NOT to have an EGR fitting. Bassani correct?

Old 05-02-2007 | 08:48 PM
Cobra headers

Bassani is correct. They will ship them with or WITHOUT the EGR fitting. I think the year is 2000- 2003. I am reasonably sure that there is no difference in headers until you get to the new body style.

Hope this helps. Give Bassani a call they are VERY helpful.

BTW I am trying to buy a new supercharger bypass actuator. Do you have any idea where I can get one without giving up my 1st born? Ford is quoting $280 for a $30 actuator. Mine is broken.

..................Wayne

Old 05-02-2007 | 08:54 PM

BTW I am trying to buy a new supercharger bypass actuator. Do you have any idea where I can get one without giving up my 1st born? Ford is quoting $280 for a $30 actuator. Mine is broken.

..................Wayne
Try Eaton or Magnum Powers directly.

Old 05-04-2007 | 08:52 AM
Let me dig around, I think we have a couple options.

Old 05-08-2007 | 09:18 AM
Get intouch with this guy, see if he can help you out.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=385821

Old 05-10-2007 | 09:28 AM
Bassani is correct. They will ship them with or WITHOUT the EGR fitting. I think the year is 2000- 2003. I am reasonably sure that there is no difference in headers until you get to the new body style.
Did you order them straight from Bassani? And do you have the p/n you used? Any contact at Bassani? Can you tell me what you paid? Ceramic coated correct?

Last edited by brahmus; 05-10-2007 at 09:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Lightning engine measurements