Old 04-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rob_00Lightning
It blends right in cant even see it
AT NIGHT

Old 04-17-2007, 11:24 PM
[QUOTE=SWThomas]I went to my boys at Excessive Motorsport today to get a re-tune due to me installing the JDM fuel line kit and the Aeromotive fuel rail kit. As I suspected the L was running a little rich. Chris dialed it back in and got my A/F just right. It made the most torque it's ever made today. Here are the results of todays tuning session...

Humidity: 8%
Pressure: 30 in-Hg
Temp: 67*

Best #'s on the street tune (pump gas):
RWHP: 595.67
RWTQ: 640.03
A/F: 11.96
Timing: 13*

Best #'s on the race tune (50/50 mix of pump gas & VP MS 109):
RWHP: 618.91
RWTQ: 676.78
A/F: 12.12
Timing: 17*

I'm pretty happy with the fuel components I installed. I initially leak-checked the system when I installed it and there were no leaks. I wanted to wait and check it again after the dyno session to see if the added stress and pressure would show any leaks. There were none. There were also no fuel issues what-so-ever. No drop-off in pressure and no pressure lag going into boost. I saw a steady 55 PSI once the engine went into boost. I was thinking about having Chris turn the pumps on to 12V constant in the tune, but there was no need. I also still have my resistor intact.

The only tweaks I think I'm going to make to the fuel system are to replace the Mallory filter that came with the JDM kit. There's nothing wrong with it, I just don't like the way it sits. I'm going to customize my own little filter set-up using Aeromotive parts and one of their 10 micron filters. Other than that, it's all good.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

How much boost ?
Thanks.

Old 04-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Damn man, that's one badass truck. If we didn't get some pretty crappy weather here in Pittsburgh, I would have considered getting something like that. Must be nice to have such a fast truck.

Quick Reply: Hit the dyno today with my new fuel system