Lightning

Hit the dyno today with my new fuel system

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007 | 04:07 PM
|
Technical Article Contributor

Thumbs up Hit the dyno today with my new fuel system

I went to my boys at Excessive Motorsport today to get a re-tune due to me installing the JDM fuel line kit and the Aeromotive fuel rail kit. As I suspected the L was running a little rich. Chris dialed it back in and got my A/F just right. It made the most torque it's ever made today. Here are the results of todays tuning session...

Humidity: 8%
Pressure: 30 in-Hg
Temp: 67*

Best #'s on the street tune (pump gas):
RWHP: 595.67
RWTQ: 640.03
A/F: 11.96
Timing: 13*

Best #'s on the race tune (50/50 mix of pump gas & VP MS 109):
RWHP: 618.91
RWTQ: 676.78
A/F: 12.12
Timing: 17*

I'm pretty happy with the fuel components I installed. I initially leak-checked the system when I installed it and there were no leaks. I wanted to wait and check it again after the dyno session to see if the added stress and pressure would show any leaks. There were none. There were also no fuel issues what-so-ever. No drop-off in pressure and no pressure lag going into boost. I saw a steady 55 PSI once the engine went into boost. I was thinking about having Chris turn the pumps on to 12V constant in the tune, but there was no need. I also still have my resistor intact.

The only tweaks I think I'm going to make to the fuel system are to replace the Mallory filter that came with the JDM kit. There's nothing wrong with it, I just don't like the way it sits. I'm going to customize my own little filter set-up using Aeromotive parts and one of their 10 micron filters. Other than that, it's all good.

Old 04-11-2007 | 04:31 PM
Nice numbers!

Old 04-11-2007 | 05:36 PM
Great numbers. Give us a list of the mods please. I know that gets old but I think it helps those of us still tuning. I am shooting for 580-600 on the street tune and anything over 600 on the race side. My truck is scheduled to be at RWTD next Thursday (4-19) for a new tune and while I wont have the low humidity and 67 degree temps, I should have around 75 degree temps.

I have a JLP bottom end, JDM heads and cams, JLP sheet metal intake, JLP Thunder tube and CAI, Dynatech headers, KB@16 psi, E-fan, Boost-a-spark, 255's and #60 injectors, BA 2400 MAF. The air flow in is about as good as it gets and the flow out the back side aint too bad either...

Old 04-11-2007 | 11:08 PM
I also put down 625rwhp 660tg, Have you ever ben to the track w/ it?? If not what do you expect to run??

Old 04-11-2007 | 11:49 PM
|

Originally Posted by 003busa
I also put down 625rwhp 660tg, Have you ever ben to the track w/ it?? If not what do you expect to run??
I've been to the track before the Level-10 Stage III trans, Detriot True-Trac, fuel system, new intake, Bogarts, and QA1 front shocks and ran an 11.4. I expect to be in the 10's when I finally get to the track with my current set-up.

Old 04-12-2007 | 12:03 AM
|

Originally Posted by rotorwash
Great numbers. Give us a list of the mods please. I know that gets old but I think it helps those of us still tuning. I am shooting for 580-600 on the street tune and anything over 600 on the race side. My truck is scheduled to be at RWTD next Thursday (4-19) for a new tune and while I wont have the low humidity and 67 degree temps, I should have around 75 degree temps.

I have a JLP bottom end, JDM heads and cams, JLP sheet metal intake, JLP Thunder tube and CAI, Dynatech headers, KB@16 psi, E-fan, Boost-a-spark, 255's and #60 injectors, BA 2400 MAF. The air flow in is about as good as it gets and the flow out the back side aint too bad either...
Here goes nothing...

Nitto NT555 Tires, Competition Engineering Drive Shaft Loop, Slotted & Dimpled Brake Rotors, JLP 3” Adjustable Drop Shackles, Bassani BX Cat-Back Exhaust with X-Pipe, JLP Lightning Traction Bars, NGK TR-6 Spark Plugs, SCT Chip, JDM Electric Fan Kit, Triple Gauge Pillar Pod, Autometer Phantom 2 1/16” Electric Water Temp. Gauge, METCO Auxiliary Idler Kit w/ 90mm pulley and extra 90mm pulley, Fluidyne Intercooler Heat Exchanger, JLP Ultra Cooler, Chickenears Stage III Cool-Aid, QA1 Adjustable Performance Shocks (Rear), Ruslow Upper Shock Mounts, Autometer Phantom 2 1/16” Mechanical Boost Gauge, LFP Stage II CNC Ported Heads, Crower Stage II High Lift Supercharger Cams, JDM Built NVH Short Block, Siemen Deka 60# High Impedance Fuel Injectors, Walbro Twin 255lph Fuel Pump Kit, Precision Industries 2400 Stall Torque Converter, Level 10 Stage III Torque-Master Built Transmission, Jet-Hot 2000 Ceramic Header Coating, Kenne Bell Twin Screw Blowzilla 2300, Kook/JDM SS Long-Tube Headers w/ High Flow Mid-Pipes, JLP Sheetmetal Power Flow Plenum (Kenne Bell), Autometer Phantom Series Fuel Pressure Gauge, Accufab Polished Single Blade Throttle Body, Team Breed Custom Cam Covers with Extension, TA Performance 9.75 Lightning Rear Girdle, Innovate XD-16/LC-1 Wideband, GMS Coil Packs, 8# Lower Pulley, Ford Super-Duty Transmission Cooler, Summit Remote Transmission Filter Kit, Russell Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines, Detroit True-Trac Differential, Auto Meter Steering Column Gauge Pod, Moroso Aluminum Deep Sump Transmission Pan, QA1 Adjustable Performance Shocks (Front), AMW Catch Can Oil Separator, JDM Fuel System Kit, Aeromotive Fuel Rail System

Old 04-12-2007 | 12:20 AM
I like that large viewing monitor for the Dyno operator.
Nice truck and even better, nice dyno numbers

Old 04-12-2007 | 07:03 AM
Like myself your truck looks so docile in street trim

I bet a few unsuspected vitims have already found out it aint just a looker

Very Nice set up, Beeeeeeeautiful L, and Great #'s

Old 04-12-2007 | 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by SWThomas
Here goes nothing...

Nitto NT555 Tires, ...Innovate XD-16/LC-1 Wideband, ...
Did any fuel issues show themselves on the wideband or just on dyno pulls?

Old 04-12-2007 | 11:22 AM
We have almost the same power mods. I use Dynatech headers but I also have the x-pipe. I guess I should be in the same ball park anyway. I'll post the numbers when I get back. I think the higher humidity on the gulf coast and warmer temps may hold me back a little but we'll see...I'll be happy with 580-590 on the street and I still want 600+ on the race side. I am still sitting on the stock Tranny but the rebuild and converter is coming at the end of May....

Old 04-12-2007 | 03:04 PM
Nice numbers! Say hi to Chris and Torey for me!

Old 04-12-2007 | 07:06 PM
|

Originally Posted by Rob_00Lightning
Like myself your truck looks so docile in street trim

I bet a few unsuspected vitims have already found out it aint just a looker

Very Nice set up, Beeeeeeeautiful L, and Great #'s
I don't know how docile your L looks with a full cage...

I've surprised a few unsuspecting motorists with my sleeper.

Old 04-12-2007 | 07:11 PM
|

Originally Posted by lurker
Did any fuel issues show themselves on the wideband or just on dyno pulls?
I couldn't say. When I do a mod that may affect the tune I don't get into WOT until I have Chris look at it. I did notice that it was a little rich on the WB when I would accellerate, but that was to be expected.

I was happy to find out that both of my banks are running identical A/F ratios. Chris no longer uses a tail pipe sniffer for his A/F readings and actually installs a WB sensor in the exhaust for the pulls. He put the sensor on the passenger side bank and I have my WB sensor in the drivers side bank. During the pulls I would watch his display and my WB gauge and the readings were dead-on with each other. That made me very happy because I was always wondering what the passenger side bank was reading.

Old 04-13-2007 | 04:49 AM
Here goes nothing...

Nitto NT555 Tires, Competition Engineering Drive Shaft Loop, Slotted & Dimpled Brake Rotors, JLP 3” Adjustable Drop Shackles, Bassani BX Cat-Back Exhaust with X-Pipe, JLP Lightning Traction Bars, NGK TR-6 Spark Plugs, SCT Chip, JDM Electric Fan Kit, Triple Gauge Pillar Pod, Autometer Phantom 2 1/16” Electric Water Temp. Gauge, METCO Auxiliary Idler Kit w/ 90mm pulley and extra 90mm pulley, Fluidyne Intercooler Heat Exchanger, JLP Ultra Cooler, Chickenears Stage III Cool-Aid, QA1 Adjustable Performance Shocks (Rear), Ruslow Upper Shock Mounts, Autometer Phantom 2 1/16” Mechanical Boost Gauge, LFP Stage II CNC Ported Heads, Crower Stage II High Lift Supercharger Cams, JDM Built NVH Short Block, Siemen Deka 60# High Impedance Fuel Injectors, Walbro Twin 255lph Fuel Pump Kit, Precision Industries 2400 Stall Torque Converter, Level 10 Stage III Torque-Master Built Transmission, Jet-Hot 2000 Ceramic Header Coating, Kenne Bell Twin Screw Blowzilla 2300, Kook/JDM SS Long-Tube Headers w/ High Flow Mid-Pipes, JLP Sheetmetal Power Flow Plenum (Kenne Bell), Autometer Phantom Series Fuel Pressure Gauge, Accufab Polished Single Blade Throttle Body, Team Breed Custom Cam Covers with Extension, TA Performance 9.75 Lightning Rear Girdle, Innovate XD-16/LC-1 Wideband, GMS Coil Packs, 8# Lower Pulley, Ford Super-Duty Transmission Cooler, Summit Remote Transmission Filter Kit, Russell Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines, Detroit True-Trac Differential, Auto Meter Steering Column Gauge Pod, Moroso Aluminum Deep Sump Transmission Pan, QA1 Adjustable Performance Shocks (Front), AMW Catch Can Oil Separator, JDM Fuel System Kit, Aeromotive Fuel Rail System

I love you man,.

Old 04-13-2007 | 06:23 AM
I don't know how docile your L looks with a full cage...

I've surprised a few unsuspecting motorists with my sleeper.
It blends right in cant even see it
AT NIGHT

Quick Reply: Hit the dyno today with my new fuel system