lightning or camaro ss?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2000 | 10:54 PM
I looked all over LS1.com for his post, couldn't find it
mostly found **** references LOL

Ray

Old 12-17-2000 | 10:55 AM
|
Sorry guy's i can't register at ls1.com.They said cause of hotmail.com or something?I'll try again later:-)

Old 12-17-2000 | 11:21 AM
|
Smile

I can't register at ls1.com i think that is a hint to go with the lightning.I love ford allway's but don't want to pay close to $40g (cdn). for a vehicle that is allway's broken down.Like i said i'm not bashing ford for the most part they make good reliable vehicle's.My '97 ranger 4x4 (winter beatter)work great.And i think it would look just fine parked next to a 2001 red lightning.That's it i'm sold on the L.I'v made my choice.If i'm gonna get a new car this summer (HOPE TO GOD)i'm going with the lightning.I just hope that i wont be disapointed i'v never driven one.saw one ONCE last summer a white one looked sweet except it was pulling a big old u-haul trailler.Anyway i just want something that will smoke the tire's on command.Ilove burnout's they are addictive.It seems that the L has no problem with a little tire smoke.O my god i can't wait i'm so excited!!I just pray that everything will go allright the next few month's.anyway see you later guy's:-)

Old 12-17-2000 | 06:48 PM
I have both a Lightning and a '99 Z28, so I can offer a fairly unbiased opinion. First, do you actually need a truck? If not, why do you want one? My Z28 (which, performance wise is the equivalent of an SS and much cheaper) gets 28 mpg on the highway, 22 around town and has had far fewer problems than Lightnings typically have. My L gets around 12 mpg and already has the front end clunk (3,200 miles). Insurance on the L is much higher ($800 per year vs. $600)

On the other hand, the Lightning is far rarer, total strangers compliment it (the Z28 may as well be invisible), and $500 worth of mods has it running quicker than most stock LS1 f-bodies. The L also seems to hold its value much better.

If I had to give up the Z28 or the Lightning, I'd give up the Z, but only because I need a truck and I have another car that gets reasonable fuel mileage.

------------------
'00 Lightning - 13.110 @ 105.91
'92 Stealth Turbo - 13.4 @ 103
'99 Z28 - 13.7 @ 107
'01 Honda CR250

Old 12-17-2000 | 10:04 PM
Banned
When people buy camaros they are nice cars. I think they are bad ****. But the truth is, you buy it, drive it, race it, whatever and then in 5 years it almost always ends up looking like a piece of crap. my f-150 is a 97 and it still looks new and the engine is spotless and everything. dont go camaro, and if not the lightning, get the harley davidson.

------------------
'97 F-150 XLT Clearcoat Red
4x2
17 inch Wheels
Stepside, K&N, bedliner
32inch tires,flowmaster,
tint, matching ford sticker
5spd fully loaded, hidden hitch
new spark plugs

Old 12-17-2000 | 10:21 PM
Hey do yourself a favor, if you listen to anything ponder on this. GET whatever one that you feel comfortable in. Dont get something that you unsure of or can see out of correctly. I went a drove a ws6, a cobra, and the Lightning. I ended up with the Lightning, Why? Cobra it just wasnt all there, power wise the ws6 was alot better. Drove the ws6 droove smooth, I could see out of it good. The lightning same as the ws6 just not as fast. Yes I said it the 6speed ws6 was faster, But I went and looked at the insurance and the Lightning was cheaper So I got the Lightning, beings it was cheaper then the ws6. Its just your personal perfernce and what you want to spend. But If i wanted to be the fastest on the street I belive I would of bought a older mustang and spent the rest of the money on it, but I have nothing to prove, so. Take this for what it is worth.
Justen

Old 12-18-2000 | 12:16 AM
If you cut me I bleed Chevy Orange, but My brothers Lighting will absolutely blow the doors off my camaro --- 97 LT-1 6 speed --- not even close!!!

Old 12-18-2000 | 12:26 AM
Personally if I had to do it over again...I would buy the SS. Too many production problems with this vehicle. Front End Clunk...Muffler rattles!...Intercoolers leak..and the list goes on and on..I am getting quite concerned...The LS1 seemed to me like a better production package...just sold a 1998 Z28. IMHO..I might end up buying another before its all over!! John

Quick Reply: lightning or camaro ss?