Lightning

Toyota Tundra Killed Today.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sales suck because americans are looking at it and saying JAP truck. And in the #1 Truck market, Texas, sales are at the worst. Therefore they arent selling.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Toyota will never offer a performance pick-up (they don't even have a sports car-their fastest vehicle is the Tundra) simply because there is absolutely no money in it and it wouldn't fit into their low key approach to taking over the US market and squashing Ford and GM at the same time while fooling Americans into thinking that they are an American company. So far they are winning big time and have just passed GM in sales for the first quarter of 07.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by TrackBeast
Toyota will never offer a performance pick-up (they don't even have a sports car-their fastest vehicle is the Tundra)
They already do: Tacoma X-Runner. It's doesn't offer Lightning-like acceleration but their press materials claim it holds the road better than a 350Z, which was the handling target for the engineers. I think it runs mid-14s in the quarter. Supposedly TRD is certifying a supercharger for it that will allow 400hp / 350 lb-ft, not stated but likely at the crank.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:50 PM
hey guys ! i was at the track a couple of weeks ago and watched a tundra , single cab, 2 wheel drive, run a 14.26! it was brand new! the dude still had the sticker in the window! pretty impressive! oh yeah, the track is 'bradenton motor speedway' bradenton,florida. if any of you guys are hangin there, let me know i would like to meet up!

Old 04-25-2007, 10:23 PM
there is a guy around my town here at school that has a black one, the I-forge v8. He drives like an A-hole all over town thinking his truck is fast.

First time i saw him, he saw me coming up behind him at a light, so he starts doing a burn out.

We make a left, and i follow, well would you know it?? Im in the left lane, hes in the right.

He got dusted. With my exhaust in his face =) (i love racing on the left side, nothing like shooting the duals into their faces as you pass)

Not a shabby truck, but he drives it like its faster than my L.

-Sean

Old 04-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by Jordan not Mike
They already do: Tacoma X-Runner. It's doesn't offer Lightning-like acceleration but their press materials claim it holds the road better than a 350Z, which was the handling target for the engineers. I think it runs mid-14s in the quarter. Supposedly TRD is certifying a supercharger for it that will allow 400hp / 350 lb-ft, not stated but likely at the crank.
It has a couple of inexpensive frame braces and they sell some items as accessories such as a brake kit and tires but I certainly wouldn't call that a performance package. Rear drum brakes, approx. 250hp V6 in a really cheap truck. I love these comparisons to more expensive cars. Dodge did the same comparing the Dakota to a BMW 5 series. Total joke. Put a whipple on an F-150 and make 500+hp, but you are far from having a Lightning or a total performance truck.

Toyota spent over 2 billion developing the Tundra and it doesn't have a single innovation over other pick-ups. In typical Asian fashion, they did a bunch of marketing studies and determined that the typical truck buyer considers bigger is better. So they built the biggest pick-up with the highest fuel consumption and hands down ugliest styling. All this without a single innovation. They can keep the F'n thing. Oh yeah, I also love the Camry steering wheel. Very manly.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:38 PM
not a tundra but i just beat a titan badly. he was at this stoplight reving his engine. i couldnt resist

Old 04-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Don't forget that Tundra has a 6 speed automatic and if I am not mistaken a more aggressive rear differential. I'm sure I would be more satisfied with my truck if it had a 6 speed instead of this 4 as far as performance goes. Big difference....

-Brian

Last edited by 02XLT; 04-26-2007 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:50 AM
Originally Posted by 02XLT
Don't forget that Tundra has a 6 speed automatic and if I am not mistaken a more aggressive rear differential. I'm sure I would be more satisfied with my truck if it had a 6 speed instead of this 4 as far as performance goes. Big difference....

-Brian
the tundra isn't the only truck with a 6 speed, the Sierra Denali has the 6 speed from the Escalade, and its just a tad faster than the double cab tundra

Old 04-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by MrSquirrel
the tundra isn't the only truck with a 6 speed, the Sierra Denali has the 6 speed from the Escalade, and its just a tad faster than the double cab tundra

That may be true, I was simply trying to stay on topic with the thread and only mentioned the Tundra.

-Brian

Old 04-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Seems to me its "maxed out" from the factory headers 4.10 gears, I doubt a tune will do much. All that leaves is forced induction and n2o, and if the compression ratio is high allready boost will have to stay low, so without a total re do I hope the owners are happy as delivered....then again I may be wrong

Quick Reply: Toyota Tundra Killed Today.