Lightning

Pro-M: Plastic or aluminum?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2000 | 07:24 PM
|
Post Pro-M: Plastic or aluminum?

First, thanks to everyone that let me use their pictures for my homepage. The reason I'm writing, though, is this- my truck is completely stock right now (performance wise), and I'm ready to start doing some mods. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Pro-M and a chip (which one has yet to be determined- but thats a whole different issue). I looked around the web for a while to do some background research on the Pro-M, and saw that its offered in two versions: plastic or aluminum. Other than for the *wow* and coolness factors that the aluminum one offers, are there any reasons I shouldn't go with the plastic one- since its $100 less? Input is welcome from anyone with either version. Thanks guys, later...

------------------
Play the game- Don't let the game play you!!!
(((garrett)))
'00 Silver Lightning
'00 KX250
'00 NESC MX Amateur Champ

Old 12-19-2000 | 08:30 PM
Pro M's 80mm maf I got on my mustang is also plastic and over $100 cheaper. It's hard not to save the $100 and get the plastic. It looks good also. Put the $100 toward the chip and its a hard combo to beat.

------------------
Go Hard or Go home........
*Red 2000 SVT Lightning
*Leer Lo-Rider Bed Cover
*Swanson Performance Chip
*Adopted 3/29/00, #221
*352RWHP / 432RWTQ with Chip
-98 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Supercharged with FRPP Eaton M112 @ 10psi, 310rwhp/350rwtq
to many other handling/engine mods to list.....

Old 12-19-2000 | 10:23 PM
|
Thanks for the input, thats pretty much what I was figuring (that the aluminum was mainly for looks only, or for someone that wanted to polish it). I though I read that Pro-M guarantee their sensors, but I wasn't sure if anyone had run into any problems with the fit or finish of the plastic one (vs. the aluminum), or if was prone to crack, leak, or...

anyways, all input is appreciated. thanks...

------------------
Play the game- Don't let the game play you!!!
(((garrett)))
'00 Silver Lightning
'00 KX250
'00 NESC MX Amateur Champ

Quick Reply: Pro-M: Plastic or aluminum?