Lightning

My tuner told me something......

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My tuner told me something......

My tuner told me that if I add a 35 shot of wet nos.. it would net me 80 RWHP from cooling the charge down considerably... is this possible? is there any truth in this?

I did notice that my intake was like 80-90 degrees, but the charge inside was 250-300 depending on how long I let her idle...

so, could a small 35 nos shot help, or could a water meth help enough to advance timing somewhat?

just wondering..

Old 04-23-2007, 04:24 PM
using a small shot for cooling purposes is a good idea. pretty standard practice FYI

Old 04-24-2007, 01:39 AM
Your tuner is full of it.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:15 AM
Suspended
The logic sounds reasonably accurate, not sure on the numbers though. But if you're going to install a nitrous system, might as well do at least a 50 shot. You can get some nice progressive electronically controlled systems that are incredibly safe. I believe Wizards of NOS is the name of the company in the USA, and they go by Race Tested in the UK.

My buddy has a system on his Ranger with no complaints and great numbers for the last year.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by cklepinger
My tuner told me that if I add a 35 shot of wet nos.. it would net me 80 RWHP
Then it would be a 80 Shot wouldnt it

Nitrous Jets and the claims each company make for their's as far as HP gains go, will differ pretty much on each and every vehicle you install the system on. N/A, S/C, Turbo, 4cyl, 6cyl, 8cyl, etc....

As Birdy said it's a pretty common mod on a L, I'm on my 3rd Nitrous Kit (and L,) and as Lumadar just said these days the use of electronic digital controls ARE A MUST. It's a very effective mod and if racing is your thing it would be a good choice, PROVIDING you do it right with the proper system, assy's, dyno tune, and understanding of it.

I've used the Race Tested Maximiser and it's an awesome control, I currently have the NX Maximiser and it too is an awesome control. NX's newest Maximiser is outright amazing, (expensive requires a lot of wiring and can only be set and or changed by using your Lap Top or PDA)

Old 04-24-2007, 09:56 AM
not true

Then it would be a 80 Shot wouldnt it
To see 80 to the rear wheels, it would be like 100 shot.

But the horsepower increase isn't just based on the nitrous oxide, it based the the additional cooling created by the nitrous oxide, makes the current supercharged setup more effecient.

80 peak rwhp seems like alot from a 35 shot, but a 50 shot, that seems right.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:50 AM
NOS is too expensive to maintain... I was wanting to add my old water/meth kit so I could add 2-3 degrees more timing... I lost 25RWHP by pulling timing out to heal my detonation...

but I have heard that water/meth strips the teflon lining on the blower?

is this a bad thing, does it make noise afterwards? does it casue rust or something? I have seen alot of people saying they saw no hp gains from water meth, but I have... only when tuned properly... I have a dual stage boost activated meth kit.. i would set it up for stage 1 at 5 psi, and stage 2 for 9 psi.. I see 13 on my truck... then I could add back in my timing, and I would use my windshield was fluid resivior for the kits resivoir too.. and its cheaper than filling nos bottles.... Granted I won't see the power increases with water/meth that I would with NOS, but.. then I won't be pissed when I dont have NOS... However water meth is cheaper and you can get it at wal-mart...

I don't race at the strip except to get my timeslip, but I like passing people on the highway, and 25-50 more hp would be nice... Everybody tells me that stock motors and fuel systems are good for 440-460 RWHP... thats where I want to be on a safe tune... I am at 419 now...

Old 04-24-2007, 12:13 PM
ha

sometimes the 20-30 hp gains you can get from mods aren't worth the risk of durability.

As I say this, i'm still contemplating trying to tune my truck for the 6lb lower on there that makes it run lean so I can't even romp on it....

Old 04-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by tallimeca
sometimes the 20-30 hp gains you can get from mods aren't worth the risk of durability.

As I say this, i'm still contemplating trying to tune my truck for the 6lb lower on there that makes it run lean so I can't even romp on it....

I have the 6lb lower... and I am in no way of danger of being lean...

i put 420/545 with my 6lber on a dynojet.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:32 PM
haha

oh, i'm lean, 12.5 !!!

Put down 432/532 on a dyno jet with my 4lb lower.

Maxing out my maf with the 6.

Quick Reply: My tuner told me something......