Lightning

Boxster S

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2000 | 11:01 PM
|
Thumbs up Boxster S

Yeah, yeah, I know. On paper, there's not much of a contest, but it was my duty to scientifically assess reality vs. theory.
Just north of Malibu on PCH, I indicated a desire to change lanes, which in California means, "Please accelerate and cut me off so I have to wait until you pass." A Boxster S did just that with two 40ish guys chuckling to themselves about it(or was this just what my L and I wanted to believe? "I don't like you laughin', 'cause I get the crazy idea your laughin' at me."). I accelerated around the slow mover in front of me and met up with the offenders at a red, both of us in pole position. Long story short: I spun twice through the intersection, once on launch and again after feathering, then laying on the throttle at about 35. We were neck and neck for about,oh, the intersection, and then I simply blew them away. My buddy couldn't believe how fast we left them behind. I do believe they were laughin'no more.

------------------
Good hunting and check six

2000 Blk Lightning
-superchip R9
-Downs intake
-JLAudio
1995 MBZ C36

[This message has been edited by ralleyone (edited 12-20-2000).]

Old 12-20-2000 | 11:06 PM
Cool

Nice of you to serve up a dish of humble pie. Good kill.

------------------
Red '00 Lightning,
Power Surge Performance enhanced,
Sound effects provided by Flowmaster,
375 RWHP,
445 RWTQ,
13.227@103.55
Track Videos

Old 12-20-2000 | 11:08 PM
Cool

Good kill:-)

Old 12-20-2000 | 11:11 PM
YEAH! Love those kinds of kills!! They are the most satisfying in my opinion

I had a similar experience with a SLK (Kompressor) convertible, the guy was being greedy and then laughing about it. The guy was with his girlfriend and I just totally embarassed him stoplight after stoplight. At the very end he was behind me at a light and I did a big burnout blowing smoke, dirt and gravel all over his car. He deserved it.

Mike

[This message has been edited by BRIMSTONE (edited 12-20-2000).]

Old 12-21-2000 | 12:34 AM
Thumbs up

I did the same thing to a boxster about 1/2 a year ago. Our 2 lanes merged into one, he thought he was going to get in front of me. To make a short story, well short, he didnt make it in front of me.

------------------
99' Black (Wikd)SVT
best run 13.47 @ 102.89

01' Nissan Pathfinder
16.13 @ 82.59
240hp/265tq
wanna mod, but wife rolls her eye's

Old 12-21-2000 | 12:43 AM
Cool

I ordered a new Lightning and cant wait to drive it....I hope its as much fun as my Boxster.

Old 12-21-2000 | 12:50 AM
Cool

Dang, doncha just love these trucks? My favorite kind of kill, too, when some arrogant rich ahole in a beemer or a Benz thinks he is going to dump on you, and winds up getting dumped on himself, instead. I swear that one of these days I'm going to have stop by on my way to Manhattan Beach and check out your truck.

------------------
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

'84 Alan Record Carbonio, Aerospoke wheels, Campy brakes.
'00 SVT Lightning, silver, G-tech Pro, JBA headers, 4.10 gears, Swanson chip, Pro-M, NGK plugs, carbon drive shaft, Roadmaster suspension kit
13.39 @ 102.5
2001 Kevlacat 2400, twin 115 Evinrude FICHT, Raytheon VHF, radar, autopilot and GPS chartplotter/fishfinder.

gmvye@pacbell.net

Old 12-21-2000 | 02:41 AM
|
Thumbs up

Alpha, I drive up your way just about every other weekend to Neptune's Net. Ever been there? It's just north of the Ventura county line. The Wife or a buddy and I run trails all along the Santa Monica hills (just can't call 'em mountains). Anyway, either come on down or I'll head up North. Perhaps we'll crush a few Boxters between us.

Old 12-21-2000 | 03:00 AM
I stop for a bite at Neptune's Net almost every time I come back from L.A. via the coast, but that's pretty infrequent, I try to avoid L.A. if I can. Would probably be more convenient to meet up at the Cliff House or someplace near your place, since I do get down to Santa Monica and M.B. from time to time. Will be heading that way next Saturday, but my wife will be with me and I don't think she will want to stop and look at a truck. She thinks I'm nuts the way I carry on over mine. BTW, do you know who owns the silver L. that is always parked in the structure at Rosecrans and Highland?

Old 12-21-2000 | 03:25 AM
Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
I grew up in the heart of L.A, well 10-14 year old period. Left after the riots, lived at San Vicente and La Brea.

I love Versailles Cuban Restaurant. Go there everytime I am in LA for more than 6 hours...

I saw a black Lightning in Malibu when I was driving mine from Seatle to LA last March, didn't get much street action, arrived just in time for traffic headache.

Cool to know that you guys live in that area.

Old 12-21-2000 | 08:29 AM
Cool

[...and I did a big burnout blowing smoke, dirt and gravel all over his car. He deserved it.]

Nice Brimstone, nice. Sounds like a cat burying his pooh. I think we should be able to do this on all L victims.

Old 12-21-2000 | 08:54 AM
Shorty-

You crack me up man!

Old 12-21-2000 | 09:11 AM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
rally,

OH YEAH!!!!!

Shorty,
cat burying his poo... very nice.....

Old 12-21-2000 | 09:35 AM
Hell yeah man good kill.

Old 12-21-2000 | 09:42 AM
'Doggy:

Hold up a minute big guy...

"My favorite kind of kill, too, when some arrogant rich ahole in a beemer or a Benz thinks he is going to dump on you, and winds up getting dumped on himself, instead."

I resemble, uh, RESENT that remark. The stereotype that Benz or Beemer drivers are rich A-holes simply isn't correct. The vast majority are, in fact, rich buttholes. There are indeed a few rich A-holes out there as well. The rest are just rich, with no particular orfice affiliation. I myself proclaim loyalty to no particular orifice, and indeed count myself amongst the latter, independent element on my aforementioned list.

I must admit to an appetite for Teutonic stoplight snacks. The best opportunity was with an AMG E55 this summer, but he wouldn't go (no matter how much I played the jackass at every light). The non-AMG's aren't worth the gas to dust them. Same for the non-M BMW's.

Please try to show some sensitivity in future posts for the Benz drivers in your ranks. There are a few of us out there, most in no way resembling a sphincter (of any type).

------------------
Silver Y2K Lightning
Bone Stock w/ Duraliner, Ford Hitch Cover

Best 60-foot: 2.063
Best 1/8: 8.876
Best 1/4: 13.789
Best MPH: 99.67

Silver (matching) Y2K ML320 Benz
Burl (ML430) Shift ****

1992 Grand Prix SE
Commuter Mule

Quick Reply: Boxster S