Lightning

MORE AIR AND BOOST

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2000 | 07:35 PM
Slick setup on the AC.

BTW, I've been on the phone the last couple days with a few Buick folks who make injection units for their GNX's. There able to run up to 22 psi with the Alcohol injection. Their limiting factor (detonation) with such high boost is A/F mixture temperature. Thus, they developed the injection for the purpose of cooling the mixture. Consider the possibilities if you cool the achohol in the same bath with the AC intercooler bath - just add a small coil.

I explained that the Lighting is limited on boost, and that the RPM limit on the SC prevents any further boost, the only other simple mod is timing. Since the alcohol injection increases the octane rating (how much is the variable), a race program for higher octane fuel can be developed, for the street, using pump gas.

I sent photos of the intake system so a working kit can be made. I hope to be testing it next month.

Possible working kit cost: $350 to $450

Other ideas: Using the battery relocation setup, a fake tank (looking like the battery) could be in it's place, the red lead actually the power to the pump and selenoid, the black lead actually the hose to the nozzle.

Thoughts?

------------------
Regards,
George
george@spikeengineering.com
http://www.spikeengineering.com
---------
Red 2000 Lightning, #4033
White 1996 Whippet (1/2 mile course, 6 turns: 40 Seconds)
Red Wheaton 1995 Ridgeback (1/2 loaf of bread, 6 bites, 4 seconds)

[This message has been edited by Spike Engineering (edited 12-21-2000).]

Old 12-22-2000 | 12:41 AM
Wow after reading all of this I just got stupider than what I was befor! Any Good ideas! As to topgun's setup, are you running the A/C coolent throught the I/C? or are you useing a cooling can, to cool the I/C fulid?

BTW, The tower and light thing is funny, im gunna try that on a few friends of mine

------------------
Thomas 'Lightning Boy' Shelton
SVTPerformance.com
BOARD MODERATOR:
-Dynos, Time slips, and best ETs
-Nitrous/Forced Induction

Quick Reply: MORE AIR AND BOOST