Lightning

Where Are The R/T's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2000 | 11:41 AM
An R/T owner in this area said he is garaging his so its value keeps appreciating.

hmmm...

A Corvette owner buys a Corvette to own it.
A Porche owner buys a Porche to drive it.
A R/T owner buys a R/T to hide it.
and
A Lightning owner buys a Lightning to beat all three.

------------------
Regards,
George
george@spikeengineering.com
http://www.spikeengineering.com
---------
Red 2000 Lightning, #4033
White 1996 Whippet (1/2 mile course, 6 turns: 40 Seconds)
Red Wheaton 1995 Ridgeback (1/2 loaf of bread, 6 bites, 4 seconds)

[This message has been edited by Spike Engineering (edited 12-23-2000).]

Old 12-23-2000 | 05:31 PM
SILVER,

Just for you I killed a Blue 2000 R/T today Like I said before none of the ones around here are modded up to be even slighty concerned w/,but I figured I had to do it just for you! Happened on the way to finish my X-mas shopping. He gave me a thumbs up after,it was a short race not even light to light,maybe 250 yrds,had him by 3+ trucks from a roll. And on my way home I was next to a Black one,had a hood cowl and different front fascia from stock. In bumper to bumper traffic this kid keeps throwin revs at me!?! He'd slow up and get about 2 cars from the guy in front of him and then fly up to his bumper?!? WTF is that all about? He did this about 10 times.Jackass. He ended up getting stuck behind some really slow traffic,and then when traffic thinned he came flyin up on my left side,slammed on his brakes,and then took off(if you can call it that) and went weaving in and out of traffic.Jackass.I just kept right on cruisin' along at 40 thinking "what a total JACKASS this guy is!"
Oh well.

------------------

Old 12-23-2000 | 05:35 PM
Cool

I'm not ever driving to Floridia again I'll tell ya that much. Man it took me 14 hours to get from Richmond, VA to Sarasota/Manatee Floridia. Yeah I'm going to try to get to VMP in early March but my truck is going in the shop for some "engine work". My cousin, I don't know if introduced you, he has a 455 Pontiac something or other running 9.6 all motor and he's going to port/polish my heads. I guess I'm going to buy another car soon. I found a '70 Chevelle with the LS6 package I may go get next week. Then no more mods for the R/T cept a hitch and some airbags so I can tow the Chevelle to the track I'm starting to feel old though and the need for a nice family car too (23)

Old 12-23-2000 | 06:36 PM
Cool

Y2K Bolt:Yeah, it was closed last weekend for rain but is usually open on Saturdays 1:00-5:00. Have you ever been there? Is it pretty decent? I'll make it known the next time I head that way.

Shorty: Mapquest shows it to be about 170 miles down Rte 17 and Rte 11. The earliest I'll be able to go would be Jan 13 or 20 (work schedule). I think it would be quite a hike for Jag or Brian though.

Manganos: You do much more to that and I'm gonna have to start avoiding you .

------------------
Red '00 Lightning,
Power Surge Performance enhanced,
Sound effects provided by Flowmaster,
375 RWHP,
445 RWTQ,
13.227@103.55
Track Videos

Old 12-23-2000 | 07:41 PM
4D THNDR: I personally have not ran on a dragstrip since the 70's, but would like to go with you guys if you come down. A friend of mine goes there during regular season for test & tune on Friday nights with his 5.0 Stang and says it's about an average strip. There is also Coastal Plains Dragway about 25 miles south of Kinston. Have not been to it however. I have not seen that much traffic at Kinston the past couple of months though. Cold weather really slowed things down. Probably will be a problem hooking up because I doubt they are putting any sticky stuff down for the Sat. afternoon runs.

Old 12-24-2000 | 03:02 PM
they're in the shop being repaired , just down the streeet from our L's being repaired

Quick Reply: Where Are The R/T's?