Lightning

"Chip" Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2000, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question "Chip" Question

Well, I was just brain-storming last night and came up with a question. To get the "best" tuned chip, one would need to have their truck @ the tuner's location on a dyno. Since all trucks run differently (richer, leaner, etc), chip tuners try to go down the middle.

Well, what would keep one from sending their truck computer, Pro-M (since they are all different - if there is one), and a list of mods to the tuner to get the "best" chip available? The tuner could then plug the computer and Pro-M (if one) on their truck and tune it as if the customer's truck was actually there. This would take the two biggest variables, or unknowns, out of the tuning process.

Of course, the price and wait time would go up, and it would require the agreement of the tuner to use his truck (or test truck). Thoughts...?

------------------
Black '00, Pro-M, Swanson Flip Chip, AIM 2" drop kit, JL Ram Air on order

Old 12-26-2000, 12:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Probably because they all come with the same program from the factory but they all run different. I think there are too many individual idiosyncrisy's for each truck that requires it to be individualy tuned. My air flow may be different then yours, especially after a trip to Taco Smell.

------------------
Red '00 Lightning,
Power Surge Performance enhanced,
Sound effects provided by Flowmaster,
375 RWHP,
445 RWTQ,
13.227@103.55
Track Videos

Quick Reply: "Chip" Question