Lightning

Wet Okole Seat Covers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007 | 11:25 AM
|
Question Wet Okole Seat Covers?

Any Idea how long it would take to get them if i ordered them? Also, who would be the closest dealer to me (Laredo, Texas)?

How did you guys order yours? Colors, with the pin lines around the seats or not, etc...?

I would like some that are charcoal grey and black to match the existing seats but with the lightning logo true blue. Can it be done?

Thanks for all the help.

Old 05-01-2007 | 12:45 PM
i called them direct and ordered, came in like a week i believe. also i think JDM is a dealer for them.
i think they can do pretty much anything you want them to do, great company to work with. I also ordered spare material so i could wrap my sub box to match and it came out great.

Old 05-01-2007 | 12:46 PM
Old 05-01-2007 | 01:11 PM
wet okoles

i'm very disappointed in my wet okoles. Have had them for about five years now. The truck sits covered from november to april, and the covers are still faded.

I have black with red inserts and the red is pink.

I used the wash and protectant too.

Honestly though, i have every intention of ordering a new set though and would definetely recommend.

Old 05-01-2007 | 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by tallimeca
i'm very disappointed in my wet okoles. Have had them for about five years now. The truck sits covered from november to april, and the covers are still faded.

I have black with red inserts and the red is pink.

I used the wash and protectant too.

Honestly though, i have every intention of ordering a new set though and would definetely recommend.
you need to tint your entire windshield like i did and it will eliminate that issue!

Old 05-01-2007 | 03:57 PM
|
Thanks for all the info.

Old 05-01-2007 | 04:26 PM
yeah

you need to tint your entire windshield like i did and it will eliminate that issue!
Shouldn't have to do that. I have had them 5 years and they've been faded for 2 now. Figured they should last at least 2 years (if you combined how long they would be in the sun), since they were maintained as directed.

These are advertised being used in jeeps and such. I can't imagine. They'd be toast.

Maybe I just got a bad set of fabric or something.

Old 05-01-2007 | 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by tallimeca
Shouldn't have to do that. I have had them 5 years and they've been faded for 2 now. Figured they should last at least 2 years (if you combined how long they would be in the sun), since they were maintained as directed.

These are advertised being used in jeeps and such. I can't imagine. They'd be toast.

no it is the neoprene, they fade regardless. I have owned probably 30 + wetsuits and all of them faded.

Old 05-01-2007 | 04:57 PM
Hey ive had mine for about a year now and i def recommend getting a set. Call them up directly, thats what i did. mine took 3-4 weeks for shipping because they custom make them on order. I strongly recommend paying the extra $30-40 for piping, it makes a WORLD of difference. (also ive had my windows tinted since i got my truck and the seat covers have not faded one bit, windshield is tinted as well)

I get tons of compliments with my color choice:

black on the oustside w/ charcoal grey in the middle. And for the piping i did a charcoal grey as well. Looks sweet as hell. For the center console i had to custom cut the bottom piece to eliminate the cup holder part because it looks tacky/non factory. I also did my custom Lightning Logo in black to match the outside color of the seat covers.

basically black on grey w/grey piping and black lightning logos. I also bought the care kit and it costs me around $350 total shipped.

The number is (949) 548-1543 - the sales guy who took care of me was named Edgar, hes a cool guy and i believe still works there.

Last edited by JesseSVT; 05-01-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-01-2007 | 04:59 PM
Thumbs down

[QUOTE=tallimeca]Shouldn't have to do that. I have had them 5 years and they've been faded for 2 now. Figured they should last at least 2 years (if you combined how long they would be in the sun), since they were maintained as directed.

I had a set do the same thing even with proper care in just a few months in a jeep

Old 05-01-2007 | 06:18 PM
I had some all black ones with white piping in my white L, ended up ditching them though cause of SWEATY BACK syndrome. Order direct from them (they are based in California)

Old 05-01-2007 | 10:53 PM
Actually, while they have outlets in California, they are based in Hawaii. Okole is Hawaiian for a**.

Old 05-02-2007 | 06:59 AM
Just going off my order, call went to california. Package came from california.

Old 05-02-2007 | 09:11 AM
way off subject but does anyone have pics of their tinted windshields? this idea doesn't seem like it would go over too well with the law

Old 05-02-2007 | 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by AustinSVT
Just going off my order, call went to california. Package came from california.
they have 2 locations. the CA one will actually do a custom order if you have a car they do not have a kit for, just have to drop off your car and they will make it for you with no extra charge.

Quick Reply: Wet Okole Seat Covers?