Lightning

Monster Box tranny SCARE !

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007 | 07:58 PM
|
Monster Box tranny SCARE !

Was coming home from work , still dealing with the high idle / maf / tps problems and then I kick the L down after someone comes up on my **** running 90 mph ( I'm in the fast lane running 65 mph ) and go to get out of their way ( I don't need no stinkin tickets ) and the tranny does NOT kick down into passing gear , It had been shifting really hard and winding first gear out to 4800 rpms before shifting into 2nd this morning , was going from second straight to OD too .

I'm thinking what in the crap else can go wrong !!! Got home and was hoping it was a little low on fluid and it wasn't , so I'm messing around looking at the engine and see the stupid TPS sensor dangling , hopefully that was it , didn't have time to hop back in and drive it .

SC

Old 05-02-2007 | 08:54 PM
I noticed the other day that mine won't kick down from 3rd to 2nd at 60 mph or above. Tried it at 58 mph and it kicks down fine. It's turning about 2700 rpm at 60, I would really like it to kick down from there. Anybody ever notice what their max rpm's are before the trans won't kickdown from 3rd gear?

Quick Reply: Monster Box tranny SCARE !