Lightning

Out with old and in the the NEW!!! Whipple Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have not invested any money in trying to mod the L, this worth it. (this would be a great first mod, saving you a lot of time and trouble trying to reach numbers.)
If you plan on going built block its worth it even more.. Depends on your plans with your truck obviously.
Your choices are there for you to decide-you pick.....................
wigginwilly00

Old 05-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Dyno runs for the day are as follows:
Fist pull 509rwtq with 570.65rwtq.
2nd pull 503rwtq with 564.23rwtq.
Used 6lb pulley for first runs and upper 3.50.
Heres some videos:

http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...t=P5020572.flv

http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...P5020570-1.flv

wigginwilly00

Old 05-04-2007, 04:17 AM
what psi?

Old 05-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by svtsilverback
what psi?
with pulley combo, we were all guessing at about 13-14 PSI.. We actually saw 17-18psi on my lunar gauge. EEEEKKS. 3.5 upper and 6lb lower. Exchanging to my four pound exhchangeable till I get my VT built block in..

Old 05-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Nice numbers man. I am looking forward to getting one, to bad my wallet isn't as into it as I am.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Completed my Whipple install at about 1:30AM this morning. Lost 3 hours to vacuum line routing alone. Don't blame the engineers, blame the document writers - they suck. The manual I had was on revision 10! I advise to STUDY THE SCHEMATICS and get a good idea where everything is prior to removing the stock vaccum lines. The stepped instructions were worthless.

Other than that, the other time sinks were the IAC and TPS extenders (Whipple should have provided extension harnesses) and the driver's side rear S/C bolt (S/C to midplate inlet) was both near impossible to reach and the midplate wasn't recessed enough so the bolts' head was clipping the wall all the way in, making it way more difficult. Thank god they were ARP bolts. Oh yeah, I had to extend the valve cover vent tube to air intake by 5", however they provided a 5/8 plastic barb for doing so, however they provided no additional hose for extensions. I kept the EGR system for now; be advised that if you have after market headers and wish to keep the EGR you better be a decent pipe bender and have a friend available to help you fit the tube. Lost 1 hour to that!

Griping aside, the blower is NOTICEABLY quieter than the Magnum. I have the 3.375 upper and the 4# lower on and already it has more lower grunt. I can't do much throttle action right now because for some reason I'm getting light pinging if I load it up in fourth gear at slow speeds and boost exceeds 8PSI. I suppose that this unit is severely outflowing the Magnum even at the smallest throttle settings. I've done some quick short blasts in first - WOW. I can't wait to get to the rollers Tuesday with my pulley inventory

I am hearing a whistling sound at idle... is this normal?

Last edited by Master Of Pain; 05-04-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Oh one more thing - you might want to consider painting a bright orange ring around the dipstick tube inlet and carry with you a bright flashlight. That thing is BURIED under the passenger's side

Old 05-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by WigginWilly00
with pulley combo, we were all guessing at about 13-14 PSI.. We actually saw 17-18psi on my lunar gauge. EEEEKKS. 3.5 upper and 6lb lower. Exchanging to my four pound exhchangeable till I get my VT built block in..
This is on a stock block?

so you are saying on a stock block not doing anything else this whipple will put you over 450RWP?

Old 05-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Yes sir....People are making these numbers daily with the Whipple....

Whipple kit,Kooks longtubes, free flow cats, followed by Bassanni exhaust. Dual Walbro 255 fuel pumps, 60lb injectors, 6lb lower pulley..And I stand corrected my upper pulley is a 3.375.. 14 degrees timing and 17lbs boost....510rwhp and570+rwtq Race tune.
wigginwilly00-chris

Last edited by WigginWilly00; 05-04-2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Master Of Pain
I am hearing a whistling sound at idle... is this normal?

Recheck all your vacuum lines.

Also, take a look at your boost bypass valve. If it's only partially shut, you'll hear a whistling sound.

good luck,

Lee

Old 05-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Im not hearing any whistling from mine... But giving the screwd up directions that they sent out with the blower. We were all cussing out the knucklehead that wrote the directions. I was gonna call Whipple tech department but they dont open till 9am. Three hours behind us in time. So basically they dont open till 12pm in Texas. We lost alot of ground trying figure out the vacuum lines. Im sure it would have been easy to cross one some where. Or leave one unadjusted properly. I only hear the whine from the turning of the blower belts.. Its actually pretty dang quiet.. Doesnt' sound mean till you romp on it..... Then it's gone.....

wigginwilly-chris

Old 05-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by WigginWilly00
Im not hearing any whistling from mine... But giving the screwd up directions that they sent out with the blower. We were all cussing out the knucklehead that wrote the directions. I was gonna call Whipple tech department but they dont open till 9am. Three hours behind us in time. So basically they dont open till 12pm in Texas. We lost alot of ground trying figure out the vacuum lines. Im sure it would have been easy to cross one some where. Or leave one unadjusted properly. I only hear the whine from the turning of the blower belts.. Its actually pretty dang quiet.. Doesnt' sound mean till you romp on it..... Then it's gone.....

wigginwilly-chris
Looks Good !!

I hit SAR last Friday and I will make it out to the track when your ready to get some new numbers with that thing

Old 05-06-2007, 08:20 AM
CONGRATS ***** AND NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE RESULTS

I've heard nightmares bout the install before and man they dont seem to get any better as time moves on. TG mine was already installed, hehehe
Please tell me you changed your plugs too ***** ??? cause if you didnt boy oh boy are you in for a treat the next time

Nice Vid's but you know whats weird, yours has a nice whine when you go WOT and mine doesnt whine AT ALL I miss the loud whine but mine does have a slight SC sound and then this deep muscle car roar I've come to Love even more "so I'm NOT complaining", especially with a 9 sec run under me belt. :Big *** Smiley:

Congrats and Enjoy !!!

Old 05-06-2007, 08:37 AM
[QUOTE=Rob_00Lightning]CONGRATS ***** AND NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE RESULTS

Please tell me you changed your plugs too ***** ??? cause if you didnt boy oh boy are you in for a treat the next time

Yeah I was sure to go ahead and go to a colder plug.. I gapped them at .3250. Wasnt really sure what my boost was going to be with the 6lber or the 4lber. I noticed the whole upper right side of the intake covers all the COPS and plugs.. Its fosho going to be a job when I foul a plug....
Wigginwilly-Chris

Old 05-06-2007, 11:52 AM

I threw a set in mine a few weeks back and it was a frigging royal PITA doing it with the SC on, next time I'll try removing it. I gapped mine at a tight .030 but I have a little more umph so .032 sounds about right...

Quick Reply: Out with old and in the the NEW!!! Whipple Pics