Lightning

Z06 zapps Lightnings at the track!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2000 | 04:15 PM
Yikes mracer!!! What, is Earnhardt, like, your kin or something? Somebody could say something about my favorite (Mark Martin, who's not exactly a kid anymore, and what does it matter if you just keep in decent shape anyways), and I could give a rat's rear. I've got no beef with Earnhardt. It's not as if I dislike him personally or anything. I don't hate Chevys for that matter. I just form my opinion from observations of cars on the road, checking out the drivers, and the inordinate amount of big goofy 2-foot tall #3's plastered in the back windows of F-bodies. As well as Calvin's pee-ing on something, your assorted "NWO" stickers, and the intimidating (sarc.) "Ain't Skeerd" sticker on the windshield. Dale Earnhardt is not responsible for any of this crap, but it shows up inordinately in the rear windows of perfectly good F-body's, which are by themselves, very nice cars. I'm quite sure there are plenty of intelligent, even Lightning driving, Earnhardt fans out there. More power to you. By the way, driving a Lightning at 195 into a banked corner would be suicide, so why compare that to a cup car that's built to do just that. The horsepower isn't very intimidating to me either, you get used to it. My Lightning isn't the the most powerful gun in the garage, if I were going to try my licks on an oval track, I would leave the truck at home. That's the lousy thing about horsepower though, you get used to the power and get bored until you add more. NHRA Top Fuel, now THOSE guys are nuts.

[This message has been edited by 69bossnine (edited 12-28-2000).]

Old 12-28-2000 | 05:33 PM
Wink

Yep, he's my Daddy.

Ah hell, sorry if I went a little ape sh!$ on you 69bossnine. I guess you could tell I am one of those bigtime "Earnhardt fans".

I really didn't mean to sound so harsh, it's all in good fun. Big E, Little E, as long as it's an E! I gotta big ole #3 sticker for you to put on your Lightning, I'll even pay for shipping.

P.S. I wonder if a lowered, with racing suspension, and racing slicks Lightning could go wide open into the turns at Charlotte or Atlanta and come out ok. I don't know, we weigh 4700 lbs. to a stockers 3400 lbs, but we'd also be going 60 mph slower.

Quick Reply: Z06 zapps Lightnings at the track!