Lightning

I saw a very scary Lightning this evening.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2000 | 06:50 PM
Wink

BAD DOG : you are to remove all of your JL acc. now and mail them back !! for no refund thats your punishment! LOL! J/K whatever floats your boat! JL

------------------
93 cobra 10.90@127.00
99 lightning (black)
e.t. 12.41 @ 110.8
best mph 110.8
60 ft. 1.79
superchiped
johnnylightning ram air
Level 10 shift kit
SuperChip Dealer!
(Man i love this truck!)

Old 12-18-2000 | 09:26 PM
Hey, Johnny

At least I wouldn't have to leave my wifes luggage home so I can haul 4 tires. LOL.

------------------
Regards,
Gordon

'99 Red Lightning
Johnny Lightning Superchip
Johnny Lighting Ram Air Kit
Century Tonneau
Best 1/4 mi. ET: 13.249 secs

Old 12-18-2000 | 11:14 PM
i think the guy that invented the camper shells should be forced to ride in one down a cliff into a something bad (couldnt think of anything bright)

they suck

Old 12-18-2000 | 11:36 PM
OK, so nobody's going to forgive the man his LOVE PALACE. I wouldn't have one either but I just couldn't help but think there might be some compelling reason for it...

But let me ask...

Has anyone putittoher in the front seat of their L?

How bout in the bed?

Old 12-19-2000 | 04:38 AM
Talking

I thought you all would enjoy this study:

http://mars.acnet.wnec.edu/~ehaffner/did.htm

Ross

Old 12-19-2000 | 11:07 AM
So the guy had a camper shell, so what. Maybe it housed a big *** Rottweiler or three...ya know, to protect his investment.
Justen, I knew you meant culprit even if Alph-doggydog wants to play with ya.
And Trabuco...I think I like you HEHE
CAngel

Old 12-19-2000 | 01:52 PM
Cool

Fascinating article. That explains why I gained 1 1/2 mph at the strip with the tailgate down. Next time I go I had planned to remove the tailgate entirely, for weight reasons, not aerodynamics, but I wonder what the trade-offs would be? Would I gain enough at the top end to offset the time the extra weight would cost me at the start? I wonder how many of you who are running 12's have a tonneau cover on your truck? The NASCAR boys obviously feel that it is a significant improvement, along with a BIG wing.
As far as Expeditions, etc. go, the weight penalty is way too much. Even if you modified one to get comparable power, it would never handle like an L. One of the neat things about a p/u is that you can cap it or not, as needed. I saw a neat hoist that you can install in your garage that will lift a cap on and off as required. If I ever took my dogs on a long trip I would have to cap the L., but I would get one of those dealy-bobs so I could remove it for everyday driving. Nothing like the versatility of an L!

Old 12-19-2000 | 02:06 PM
Hey maybe you old men can't move around in the front seat to get it on but I have performed many different positions in mine any let me tell you what, when that leather is rubbing against your...... stop I can't say that. Anyway, If the only reason you put a camper shell on your L is for getting it on then save then money and get a hotel room, I'm sure that she'll like that better. No offense to you older gentlemen I was kiding.

P.S. does anybody know how to get that white stuff off the leather. HAHAHAHA. And also I'm olding a class on this staurday on how to bone in the L. Sign up quick, seats are going fast. Ladies are more then welcome, I need to do some demostrations. HAHAHA

[This message has been edited by RTKILLA (edited 12-19-2000).]

[This message has been edited by RTKILLA (edited 12-19-2000).]

Old 12-20-2000 | 03:50 AM
RT you jackass HAHAHA
CA

Old 12-20-2000 | 08:39 AM
hey RT, i hope you are going to have that class about making it with a woman because your post sounds like the class was first idea and women were a second thought. thought maybe you might be giving a class on self satisfaction since alot of younger people spend alot of time jerking around anyways. all in good fun, no meaness intended just sticking up for us older folks. hey did anybody read the sig on billybob, talk about L desecration, i live around rednecks that treat a truck better than that.

Old 12-20-2000 | 09:09 AM
I've never seen a cap/camper shell on a Gen 2 and I HOPE I NEVER DO. I have seen a white Gen 1 (since removed) and a NASCAR edition with one, and they look worse than words can describe.

Some folks get it, some don't. And I'm afraid never will, either.

Incidentally, a queen-size air mattress fits perfectly in the "bed" of the 'Bolt. Apply a little SPF 15 to your/your sweetie's azz (depending on your positional preference) and enjoy some "fun in the great outdoors".

A twin-size fits the Benzo perfectly also, but that's another story... Air conditioned leather-wrapped comfort (the truck, that is), and a kickin' sound system to boot.

------------------
Silver Y2K Lightning
Bone Stock w/ Duraliner, Ford Hitch Cover

Best 60-foot: 2.063
Best 1/8: 8.876
Best 1/4: 13.789
Best MPH: 99.67

Silver (matching) Y2K ML320 Benz
Burl (ML430) Shift ****

1992 Grand Prix SE
Commuter Mule

Old 12-20-2000 | 09:29 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Smile

A Lightning with a cap really stands out. I saw a Silver Lightning with a Silver cap hauling a trailer full of junk down here a couple of weeks ago. It had NJ plates so it was probably the Lightning that SLP 97 Camaro SS GUY mentioned.

For those of you on the fence because of the weight thing, a fiberglass shell for shortbed Ford weighs about 210 pounds but, an aluminum one only weighs about 85 pounds.

So go aluminum and the ripples will match the siding on your house.

Old 12-20-2000 | 11:18 PM
Thumbs up

I'm thinking I might put up one of them thar wooden dealies. The home-made type with asbestos shingles, a nice overhanging roof and perhaps some tar paper dangling from the side.

Old 12-21-2000 | 08:46 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Question

I would think that asbestos shingles would be a definite no-no at the track but, you might get by tech-inspection if you produce a Building Permit.

Old 12-21-2000 | 09:42 AM
Trust me about asbestos, thats what I do for a living and demolition. The last thing you want to do is put some transite on the side of your truck. But you know that white L who had the tire fire, he might want to look into that for fire protection. HEHEHE.

Quick Reply: I saw a very scary Lightning this evening.