Lightning

Help with Lowering

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007 | 03:55 PM
|
Help with Lowering

I currently have a Ground Force lowering kit on my L but the back is raised to accomodate an air bag set-up for towing the boat. It's probably about 2.5 to 3" higher in the back.
I now have the KR to tow the boat and will be getting rid of the air bag set up.
I've ready many of the threads in here and somewhereI saw some dimensions from the CL of the wheel to the bottom of fender. However I can't seem to find it again. So my question is what is a good dimension to shoot for? My front measurement from wheel CL to the fender is at about 17.5" and that seems to look pretty good to my eye anyway. Should the back be about the same or a touch higher?
I'm going back to the stock F1's or Nitto 555's pretty soon if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
Bill

Old 05-13-2007 | 08:45 PM
|
Any thoughts from anyone on this? My rear end measurement is actually 2" higher from the centerline of the wheel to the fender making it 19.5".

I'd appreciate anyone getting out their tapes to give me some ideas.

Thanks,
Bill

Old 05-13-2007 | 08:55 PM
Bill,
I have an '01 and kept the factory height. If your goal is to level the front vs. rear, then use the same measurements for BOTH.

IIRC, FORD used stiffer springs for the '03-up L to allow a higher payload (hence the higher azz end)

Quick Reply: Help with Lowering