Lightning

Got my truck back from Cal...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2001 | 03:00 AM
|
Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Arrow Got my truck back from Cal...

They claimed no intercooler leak for me. So I told them I'll see them in a few hundred miles.

I am getting a new tonneau cover

Said I didn't have the clunk. Which really means that I need to be more prepared next time. I'll bring the TSB # and practice making the noise. Then I'll take the service writer for a ride.

I asked about air filters, and he advised that I get a K&N for it.

And last, they tried getting a half tank of gas out of me for the loaner car, since the last guy didn't bring it back full.

Thanks anyhow for everyone's help with my intercooler list, I will be posting it over at BON as per whitelightin's suggestion.

[This message has been edited by Tundra (edited 01-04-2001).]

Old 01-04-2001 | 02:13 PM
Unhappy

S__t, Tundra, if Cal says you don't have no intercooler leak, you don't have no intercooler leak. Just keep refilling the reservoir til the damned engine fails and then let Cal install an '01 motor with the new intercooler on it.

------------------
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

'84 Alan Record Carbonio, Aerospoke wheels, Campy brakes.
'00 SVT Lightning, silver, G-tech Pro, JBA headers, 4.10 gears, Swanson chip, Pro-M, NGK plugs, carbon drive shaft, Roadmaster suspension kit
13.39 @ 102.5
2001 Kevlacat 2400, twin 115 Evinrude FICHT, Raytheon VHF, radar, autopilot and GPS chartplotter/fishfinder.

gmvye@pacbell.net

Old 01-05-2001 | 02:53 AM
Question

Tundra,

If anyone there at Cal's seemed to know what is going on , (with anything) give me his name please! It will save me time and grief when I bring mine in for servicing.

Thanks-
Mark

Old 01-05-2001 | 07:11 AM
|
Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Hey, I told them to order one, showed the service writer pictures of someone elses Lightning taken all apart, thanks PBGas. HE said they pressure tested it, let it idle, warm up, and still no notice of a leak. Ohwell, I didn't get the 7yr/100k warranty for nothing, I figured something would happen.

PS his name is Mike Ray # 257-2189 you know the area code. Also said my front end bolts were tight. I tried...

[This message has been edited by Tundra (edited 01-05-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Tundra (edited 01-05-2001).]

Old 01-05-2001 | 11:43 AM
Unhappy

Tundra, obviously they don't have a clue. Sounds like they are looking for an external leak. Tell them to put some tracer dye in the intercooler reservoir, drive it for a while, and then have them UV the exhaust tips, or pull a plug and UV it. And or, insist they call Jake Doff at the Tech Hot Line, and he will give them the scoop.

Old 01-05-2001 | 01:00 PM
Nice work on the intercooler list!!

------------------
'00 SVT Lightning
'97 Porsche 911
'99 M-B E430 Sport
'95 Harley Custom Softail
'99 BMW R1100S
'74 BMW R90S
'77 Harley XLCR (in restoration)

Quick Reply: Got my truck back from Cal...