Lightning

"FORD INTERCOOLER FIASCO"

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2001 | 11:53 PM
|
Exclamation "FORD INTERCOOLER FIASCO"

Letter received from Mr. Robert Lane. You guys should be honored there are people left in this world who act as important activists..to get the "right thing done"..

[quote from an e-mail received today!]

"we are working on an intercooler report which will be issued toward the end
of January. Still accepting more reports from consumers. THANKS for your
continued support on this matter."

robert lane

http://www.bonforums.com/complaintform_lightcooler.htm

And Thank You Mr. Lane for taking an active interest and protecting the investments of the few. My upmost gratitude! JW

[This message has been edited by whitelightnin' (edited 01-04-2001).]

Old 01-04-2001 | 03:14 PM
Talking

We have synergy. Synergy equals reaction. Ford will react as long as the "HEAT IS ON"..

[This message has been edited by whitelightnin'' (edited 01-04-2001).]

Old 01-04-2001 | 04:12 PM
Wink

You have entropy too, Lets see which one comes into play. Oh by way when the fix is available for the 99/00 intercooler issue by the 2nd quarter of 01 lets not be tooting our horns and claiming that this round of saber rattling brought the Giant to its knees. It does take time to design a quality fix.

Old 01-04-2001 | 04:25 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BillyBob:
You have entropy too, Lets see which one comes into play. Oh by way when the fix is available for the 99/00 intercooler issue by the 2nd quarter of 01 lets not be tooting our horns and claiming that this round of saber rattling brought the Giant to its knees. It does take time to design a quality fix.</font>
Time to design a quality fix? Sire, do you not consider a quality fix to be of fact on the 2001 platform. To retrofit 2001 hardware to fit '99-00 model year platforms would require retooling. I am reading between the lines...you know something. Do you work for Ford (I expect a Zero answer) Do you know something we are not aware of? (again..I expect a zero answer) I smell a fish coming out of Michigan..where the fishing is good...ya know the AuSable River...I know your turf..."DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!.."Possibly..the delay of the 2001 platform? You are a chameleon sire, not an imposter of sorts...but I do believe you post under different aliases....hunch..hunch... I guess we will have to wait for the latest and greatest...from BON...

[This message has been edited by whitelightnin'' (edited 01-04-2001).]

Old 01-04-2001 | 05:01 PM
Angry

My truck is at the dealer, been there sence tuesday and probly wont see it till somwtime next week. You can bet your a$s that im gona post at bon, and where ever else i need to. I know we all have been talking about a01 retro fit or the 01 intercooler, but NOBODY knows if the intercooler will leak, the trucks havent hit the streets, publicly anyway. Who knows what thoose i/c are to hold when 15k miles or in my case 20k miles rools around? Personaly yes the truck is being sold probley in about 3-5 months, maybe sooner. I dont have the time to leave my truck in the shop for a week at a time, becuase they(ford) didnt test the damn thing long enough, Will I get a 01 not sure, new cobra they better be a hell of alot better then the 99s, team mustang screwed up royaly. It may take a class action lawsuit against them to fix the trucks, personaly now is the time to do it, with this 99 cobra suit, and the Firestone thing on there backs, kick them while there down.
Sorry about the **** and moning here im just alittle upset.
Rant off

Old 01-04-2001 | 05:54 PM
Exclamation

ttt

Old 01-04-2001 | 06:51 PM
Wink

Hey JL
Not a chameleon more like a chimera. To answer you questions I do have friends that work for Ford. Over some brew and BS I've heard tell of a fix. What is strange about all this is that the 99 Cobras had no ***** and they got a fix. Too bad there were no 2000's. The Lightnings at least maintain thar GOnads its just too bad thar a little incontinent. My point is that well over a year ago the good job that you are doing today to bring this to a head should have been going. Because we did not join forces early on like the Stangers we are made to wait for our fix. It's true the squeaky wheel gets the lube.

Old 01-04-2001 | 07:58 PM
I do work at a Ford Dealer. I'm not very happy with what they have done with the L among other vehicle lines lately. My IC went out at 14000 miles and took out the engine (sucked coolant into #4 and broke a piston) new engine installed. Now at 23000 miles IC is leaking again. Steve

Old 01-04-2001 | 08:04 PM
|
Wink

This is JW...not JL..nice try though

Old 01-04-2001 | 08:14 PM
Talking

"It takes time to make a fix"????? What a bunch of bull*****. My dog could have made a fix by now. This is just like the Firestone tires, blown head gaskets on their 6 cyl, and every other problem Ford has. Screw the owners and the public be damned. Screw Jack Nassar. Keep up the heat. When my second one dies I will definately scream very loud.
noelvm

[This message has been edited by noelvm (edited 01-04-2001).]

Old 01-04-2001 | 08:18 PM
|
Red face

Personally "I Love My Truck...Its Cold Outside.. (Glen Campbell) but I am going all out on this one...I will not endure long waits at the dealership for a "NEW BROKEN INTERCOOLER FIX"...I agree with you Noel, 110 percent...I am a ****..and if people get tired of this...too bad...I can guarantee you that everyday the NHTSA thread or Tundra's intercoolers threads get lost at the back of the pack...I will personally (TTT) to the top...this is an all out WAR..FORD MUST DO THE RIGHT STUFF..YES I AM YELLING..AND YES I NEED A VACATION...BUT NOT UNTIL MY DAD GUM INTERCOOLER IS FIXED...OR I GET SOMETHING THAT LOOKS LIKE THOSE BOOBIES ON THAT SVT AD... LOL It's a DIRTY JOB...SOMEBODIES GOTTY DO IT! hee.ehe

[This message has been edited by whitelightnin' (edited 01-04-2001).]

Old 01-04-2001 | 09:12 PM
Has it been decided that there is a definate replacemant intercooler or not. i checked and the 1 listed is 258$ if they didn't make a mistake and the bolts are 1.50 each, it takes 12 or so.

Old 01-04-2001 | 09:32 PM
whitelightnin,
I think part of the problem here is that unless it is our particular truck that is leaking, we don't consider it a big deal. I can't believe that everyone isn't absolutly burning mad over this. My trucks have only 2800 and 3200 miles so there has been no problems yet, but the last thing I want is to have some high scool educated grease monkey pulling my engine from the L and installing a new one along with some new scatches in my paint. I know most people on this board take just as much pride in thier truck as I do, are we willing to settle for this? I hope not, we are way beyond a clunk or broken fog light. I can't for the life of me figure why everyone isn't so damn mad that they let Ford know what they think. Sorry for the rant, but I can't figure out what I'm more mad at Ford or the other members for just sitting idly by.
Brian

------------------
99 red lightning, bassani complete system #1610 of 4000
2001 arctic cat zr440 snopro on the way
2000 super duty v10
Arctic cat 400 4x4
Cobra "R" #131 of 300
www.svtperformance.com
My vehicles http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4293160925

Old 01-04-2001 | 10:02 PM
Lightbulb

I wholeheartedly agree with you!
My L has 6600 miles on it and has not shown a leaking I/C problem, BUT I like everyone else that does not have a leaking I/C just sits and waits their turn until IT happens. I don't have alot of ground to stand on to call the pimple faced geeks at Ford or SVT and bitch to them....BUT if/when my turn arrives you can bet your last dollar that they will here me bitchin' and complaining about my daily driver not running.
I am open to suggestions as to what I can do for my fellow L owners and ultimately myself!

Old 01-05-2001 | 01:07 AM
|
Red face

SYNERGY....PEOPLE...MAKE THINGS HAPPEN....FORD WILL ANTY UP TO THE EQUATION...POWER IN NUMBERS BABY! (with a Austin Powers..presedential bush thangy..hee.hee...get my drift????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????...HO USTON...WE HAVE AN O-RING FAILURE....CAN YOU SPELL INTERCOOLER...FORD.........WAKE UP CEO..WHILE YOU STILL HAVE YOUR JOB......

[This message has been edited by whitelightnin' (edited 01-05-2001).]