Lightning

Lost boost, Need help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2001 | 09:29 PM
|
Question Lost boost, Need help?

ttt

Last edited by jstovall; 02-17-2003 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-05-2001 | 09:51 PM
This is a very common problem with older chips.All chip makers have taken care of this problem already,Im surprised to see this,its been awhile.I dont know what you adjusted but ive never heard of that?
You need to get this fixed through your chip maker,you dont want to be running around with your boost valve disconnected,could cause serious problems under certain circumstances.Why did nou not go with johnny lightning??You buy this chip used?
If you go above a certain rpm,the boost will shut off when shifting.I think its 5650 rpm.I quick fix would be disconnecting the valve by one little wire located on the right side of the motor by the back of the intake but on the side(drivers side)little black thingy

Old 01-05-2001 | 09:52 PM
Exclamation

If it's bumping the rev limiter it's better you talk to them about having them reprogram the shift points or the rev ceiling.

------------------
Red '00 Lightning,
Power Surge Performance enhanced,
Sound effects provided by Flowmaster,
375 RWHP,
445 RWTQ,
13.227@103.55
Track Videos

Old 01-05-2001 | 10:02 PM
I would like to say a few more things:

Even if your rev limiter is raise,This problem will most likely still exist.I do not have a rev limiter and if I manually shift above 5650,The boost shut off stiil comes on.My truck runs best right in drive

YOU NEED TO GET THIS FIXED THROUGH YOUR CHIP MAKER the boost bypass is a tempory symptom reliever,not a fix!If for some reason your rpms drop dramatically while in that high of a rpm range "your blower could go pop cause pop goes the blower" LOL If you have a money back gaurantee,NOW IS THE TIME and go for a JL.
YOUVE BEEN WARNED Just trying to help

Old 01-05-2001 | 10:21 PM
|
Thanks for the help everyone, no chip here

Last edited by jstovall; 02-17-2003 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-05-2001 | 11:20 PM

Here's my 2 cents:
I run the R9 and it is programmed to shift at 5400 rpm. The boost dump mode is engaged at 5650 rpm and the rev limiter is set to 5700 rpm.
I also had a problem "occasionally" of losing boost on the 1-2 shift. I disconnect the boost valve sensor connector and have not only resolved the problem but picked up 1/2 pound of boost too! It WILL NOT harm your vehicle in ANY way. I've run mine like this for over 4,000 miles and it's my daily driver.
Just make sure you know where the chip's shift points are set and follow Superchip's above programming example. Note the information was provided to me by Mike Troyer of Superchips. Great guy with a great product. I have no complaints.
Mike also advised that I may need a shift kit as the tranny may not be shifting fast enough. I agree, but it's cheaper to disconnect the valve.
Open your hood and look on the right side of supercharger (driver's side). About halfway back is a solenoid with an electrical connector and a vacuum fitting with lines on it. It has a chrome sticker with writing on it. Disconnect the connector plug and you're ready to go. Also make sure you cycle your computer by disconnecting the battery for a minimum of 10 minutes and disconnect the negative side!
Good luck and hope this can help.
Later,
Ryan

------------------
  • 2000 Red Lightning
  • 13.13 @ 106.40 mph in 1/4 mile
  • 8.50 @ 85.43 mph in 1/8 mile (same run)
  • Superchip R9, Airaid box with S+B 10" filter

Old 01-05-2001 | 11:25 PM
Wink

All you have to do is send it back and have them lower the 1-2 shift to 5400-5500 on the shift and you will take care of this problem!The chip you have has the shift set to close to the boost shut off valve!
------------
HIGH ROLLER
------------

Quick Reply: Lost boost, Need help?