Lightning

need 2.6 kb help

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007 | 08:32 PM
|
need 2.6 kb help

I'm installing a 2.6 on my truck and on my eaton i got rid of all the sensors on the drivers side of the motor except the one. That included the boost bypass but i'm unsure how to route the vacume line coming off of the boost accuator on the 2.6. The directions say to hook it up to the pink vacume line which is the boost bypass but if i got rid of that can i just T it into the black line running along the firewall? Also the red line that went to the stock plenum that went to the device (forgot what it was called) that is bolted to the drivers side firewall. Is that piece kept and if so where does that now get plugged into? Thanks for any help.

Kris

Old 05-17-2007 | 09:55 PM
Give me a minute to think, I did this and have your answer....

Old 05-17-2007 | 10:32 PM
|
thanks rob, i was going to pm you but i thought you'd see this anyways...i know not to many people have them and the majority have whipples. worst comes to worst i can call jl on his cell but i know he's in indy racing this weekend

Old 05-17-2007 | 11:14 PM
Man I was sure I had pictures but I cant find any )@$%()@$&%)@$

What I had to do was actually install a Tee into the Black Line that goes through the fire wall into the factory gauge. So now you have an open tee outlet...

EDIT

Forget everything I ORIGINALLY said lightninquick is right (i think, hehehe)

I hooked it up wrong the first time and then Ricki Called me and we figured it out on the phone.
RICKI FOR PETES SAKE WOULD YOU CALL THE POOR GUY UP ALREADY!!! hehehehe

Now that it's morning and I'm ahem ahem getting ready for work my mind is a little more colorful, and it's all starting to come back to me, hehehehe
Your right L Q it is simple but when you all of a sudden have 7 or 8 open lines you use to hook up but now eliminated the EGR (also during the install), you end up with a lot of crap and no reference of where it all goes (and is it ok to eliminate all of it)

(everything you see in the lower right corner got eliminated except the original Black Line and the Fuel Reg Line)

So once you remove all the factory lines and plugs all your left with is the Red Fuel Regulator Line that def does go to that elbow, the open tee outlet U created, the original Black Line, and the Boost Bypass Line.

That must mean the Originla Black Line goes to the other Elbow connection
And you hook a line up from the Tee you installed to the Boost Bypass (that would make sence since that Line goes to the Factory Gauge and gives you Vac + Boost)

Kwilt I eliminated the lines your talking about and removed it all

I'll look for more pictures but you can see the tee I put in (there's a cplg there, you simple pull the cplg and replace it with a tee) you can also see the pink line I put on it

Last edited by Rob_00Lightning; 05-18-2007 at 06:54 AM.
Old 05-17-2007 | 11:54 PM
|
so i know that fitting on the manifold has the red line coming from the fuel line and then a black line. That piece in the picture that is bolted to the firewall, where does that red line that came off the bottom of that go now? It used to go to the side of the stock plenum (the one with the 3 lines going into it) i had 2 when i did the delete...but which line plugs into that now?

Old 05-18-2007 | 12:59 AM
im alittle confused now,,,,boost by pass valve,,,,,hook up a good vacume source to it,,,,when the truck goes into vacume you want the bypas open,,,,,out of vacume closes the valve

nothing really to it

Old 05-18-2007 | 06:56 AM
YOUR RIGHT LQ
I edited my above post

Old 05-18-2007 | 07:19 AM
|
now i'm more confused than ever...lol

so the black line coming out of the fire wall i T into that and hook up the line coming off the boost accuator, and off of the T i hook up the pink line and hook it to the fitting coming off the manifold (the one with the fuel pressure regulator-red) ? is this right?

now the red line that goes to the device bolted to the firewall where does that line run to? It used to go to the side of the stock plenum.

Old 05-18-2007 | 09:07 AM
DONT FOLLOW ME, I'M LOST

NO

"If" you deleted your EGR, that would mean all the lines that USE TO go to the Pass side of the Upper (the 3 lines) and all the other lines that use to go to those 3 Sensors you delted on the drivers side can now be removed completely. The easiest way to do it is simply remove the tape from the Black Wire Looms and pull all that crap out permantly, when the dust settles I think all thats left is 1 black line (from Pass side Fender), and 1 red line from the Fuel Regulater, I "believe" those two go to the Ellbow on the manifold.
Then use whatever (I used a delted pink line) and simply attach that from the open tee outlet you created to the Boost Acuator

Give it a try you got nothing to lose
When you start the truck it should open the Acuator, and when you give it gas you should see it close it

Quick Reply: need 2.6 kb help