Lightning

Longest lasting silicone (Armor-all type) for plastics and tires?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007 | 09:34 PM
|
Arrow Longest lasting silicone (Armor-all type) for plastics and tires?

I'm sick of the auto store garbage that washes off after the first or second rain. Dealers and professionals use stuff that lasts considerably longer. What the hell is that stuff, and where can you get it (for both the tires and cheap plastic trim panels).

Thanks.

Old 05-17-2007 | 10:37 PM
that stuff that 'lasts longer' is ok for vehicles on display at a dealer, but as soon as that tire starts turning that crap gets all over the side of the vehicle.

I prefer reg. armor all and apply it after cleaning. It does go a way after a few days but it doesn't get all messy and all over the paint like most other tire dressings.

Old 05-17-2007 | 10:46 PM
|
Originally Posted by AustinSVT
that stuff that 'lasts longer' is ok for vehicles on display at a dealer, but as soon as that tire starts turning that crap gets all over the side of the vehicle.

I prefer reg. armor all and apply it after cleaning. It does go a way after a few days but it doesn't get all messy and all over the paint like most other tire dressings.
I don't like Armor-all. It's too temporary. Thanks.

Old 05-17-2007 | 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by AustinSVT

Yea and it gets dust all over it when you do it on the dash, I just use windex on a clean rag. for the inside of corse.

Old 05-18-2007 | 06:38 AM
Originally Posted by DirtY_Dave
Yea and it gets dust all over it when you do it on the dash, I just use windex on a clean rag. for the inside of corse.
This thread is not related to interior, and I don't use A.A. inside either, just on the tires and inner fender liners.

Old 05-18-2007 | 08:21 AM
What you want to use is 303 products, I use it on all the exterior and interior plastic trim, tires, bed cover ect... by far the best product I've ever used, trust me when I tell you you'll never use AA again.

Old 05-18-2007 | 10:17 AM

Quick Reply: Longest lasting silicone (Armor-all type) for plastics and tires?