Lightning

an obsession

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2001 | 11:59 PM
|
Suspended For Violation of Vendor Rules
Post an obsession

here goes:

I'm 18 years old and work at toys r us making $150 a week. My uncle has a 95' and a 99' Lightning. In my opinion I LOVE the 00's, they are just soooo beautiful. I can't stop thinking about owning a L, but i just can't afford it. everytime i see a L i have to honk my horn or sometimes the guy will stop and talk to me about it and lets me look. well, what i'm getting at here is that i'm going off the deep end by thinking about lightnings; i actually had to stay off the computer for a week just so i can recoupe for wee bit. i own a 2000 xlt sport w/v6 becuase its all i could afford and especially with my 200 dollar a month insurance. is there some way that i can get over my obsession without buying a lightning?

Old 01-06-2001 | 12:20 AM
Banned
Get your uncle to loan you one of his. (yeah right) I know how you feel. In 1974 I wanted a Ford Gran Torino so bad I could taste it. Problem was it cost $4200. Where in the heck was a 15 year old ever going to get $4200 in 1974? LOL Now $4200 isn't even a good down payment.

Best advice, stay in school, get good grades, get a good job, make lots of money, buy toys, later.

------------------
Rick

My Mods & More

[This message has been edited by ****** (edited 01-06-2001).]

Old 01-06-2001 | 12:33 AM
|
Suspended For Violation of Vendor Rules
ok, finishing school in may. starting apprenticeship for electrician in july, living with my parents till i turn 20 or so (hehe, no bills) and then i buy when i'm 19 or 20, one more year!!!!

i KNOW i will end up owning a lightning sooner or later becuase i WANT one sooo bad.

in fact i'm in love with the f150!, i can't help but look at all that drive by. can't even go into a store without giving a glance back to mine before i enter. now i love lightnings even more so i think i'd cream my pants if i ever owned one.

bad thing is my uncle will not let me drive them at all

Old 01-06-2001 | 01:06 AM
Lightbulb

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ******:
Get your uncle to loan you one of his. (yeah right) I know how you feel. In 1974 I wanted a Ford Gran Torino so bad I could taste it. Problem was it cost $4200. Where in the heck was a 15 year old ever going to get $4200 in 1974? LOL Now $4200 isn't even a good down payment.

Best advice, stay in school, get good grades, get a good job, make lots of money, buy toys, later.

</font>
I will have to say honestly sire, this is the most intelligent tidbit of information I have heard in this Forum thus far! Talleywacker heed the preacher...take that advice to the bank! And thats a FACT jack!

Old 01-06-2001 | 06:01 AM
Suspended For Rules Violations
Cool

Don't sweat it man. I'm 19, and the L dream is FINALLY coming true! All it takes is hard work, and being damned determined! I originally was supposed to buy a used 99 (hence the '99' in my screen name). That didn't work out, then it was a brand new 00' with a great price, funds weren't available at that time. But this 01' that I have on order is it! All I focused on for the past 6 months was this truck. So when you say that you are Lightning crazy, I can honestly say, been there done that! Good luck in getting one! Stick with school, and work hard man.

-Marcus

------------------
Black 2001 ordered and impatiently waiting.
Http://www.SVTperformance.com

Old 01-06-2001 | 04:33 PM
Its great being young man so don't worry. I'm 19 now and work every damn day, I wish I could go back to school. College is looking better and better. But whats the point.
Dude you'll get your L soon enough. I remeber back when this truck was a concept at the 97 auto show. I wanted one so bad cause it looked so awsome. I got rid of my first car three months ahead of getting my L (damn thing came late). I had to finish my senior year of high school going from a 97 GTP in to a GTX, to a 88 chrysler lebaron(chic car), and then as soon as I graduate school my L came in finally. All my buddies that where talking so much smack about the lightnings being slow didn't get to see me do my smoke show for them. I was mad as hell. But I got her now.

------------------

MAY BABIES STAT'S
Built 5/4/99, yes A tuesday!
# 917 of 4000
Best ET. 13.42 at 100.98
best stock 13.96 at ?

When the green light drops, the bullsh*t stops.
WORDS TO LIVE BY

Old 01-06-2001 | 10:41 PM
Cool

Hey Guy,

Keep the vision before you. Get a picture of your L and put it were you can see it daily. People without vision perish!
I fell in love with Gen1 in 93 while shopping for a new f150. It's a love that grows with time. I now own a gen1 & a gen2.
Both modified. I have the luxury of choosing which to drive. Not bragging, just a blessed man.

Mark S.
93L red 396 stroker
00L white Full Bassani, Pro-M/K&N, Chip,4:10 gear, FRPP's T/B.

Old 01-07-2001 | 05:57 PM
Cool

Talleywacker,

If you REALLY start jonesin' for a Lightning fix, email me and come on down to Sugar Land and I'll take you for a ride. Bring money (lots) and I might even be persuaded to let you drive the Black Beast (maybe, that'll take some thinkin' on my part. My son doesn't even get to drive her!).

FYI, she made 4 passes on the 1/8 mi yesterday, all 8.00xx.

The Wyldman
wyldman@houston.rr.com

Quick Reply: an obsession