i use the tiny upper pulley on the street,,,and the big lower with it

like always said,,,its all in the tune

its been my experience that the whipple puts down more tq then the big kb

my truck put down 742lbs

That's alot of power man !

Old 05-24-2007 | 10:04 AM
|
turns out that the owner wasnt even driving,,,he had a couple at hooters

maybe the driver had insurance?????? but if i catch him driving withou insurance,,,,i will be sure to report him to some of yea

thanks dave

Old 05-24-2007 | 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by lightninquick
turns out that the owner wasnt even driving,,,he had a couple at hooters

maybe the driver had insurance?????? but if i catch him driving withou insurance,,,,i will be sure to report him to some of yea

thanks dave
Again....back to stupidity. What was he thinking????????

Old 05-24-2007 | 11:54 AM

Give the guy a break. I mean who among us has never done a burnout in a mall parking lot that ended up punting a car or two through some store glass before ending up jammed against a concrete barrier?

Be honest, now.

Old 05-24-2007 | 12:10 PM
|
Originally Posted by whip
Again....back to stupidity. What was he thinking????????
i bet he was thinking,,,,OHHHH CHITTTT!!!!!

im starting to think you are a insurance agent

Old 05-24-2007 | 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by lightninquick
i bet he was thinking,,,,OHHHH CHITTTT!!!!!

im starting to think you are a insurance agent
No, just a grouchy pr!ck.
Honestly, I would/do feel bad as heck for the guy, it is a shame, but really, if he valued his L, then this wouldn't have happened. Look at the chain of events, many of which should have not happened. Not thoughly checking out KB install. Taking out L uninsured. Taking L to bar and not being responsible. Letting friend drive L. Letting friend do burnout in L. Telling people about same.

It does suck though, and I do feel bad for the kid, but as far as things go on the internet, I'm pretty tough....and smart, so I can point out things like this!

Old 05-24-2007 | 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by whip
. . . Look at the chain of events, many of which should have not happened. . . .
Hey man, go big or go home.

Old 05-25-2007 | 08:36 AM
sorry

call me monday morning quarterback or what ever you want, but it's common sense to me.

All else fails, pull the plug. Simple as that.

Explain how you have to worry about finding the key? It's like 3 inches from the steering wheel!!!!

Driving a vehicle is not a right. Doing burnouts and speeding around is against the law in the first place so if your gonna do it, you should have complete control of your vehicle at all times and know what to do if something goes wrong. In the heat of the moment, people panic. Those people should be driving Kia Sophias or something.

Imagine if some poor little kid happened to be at the car show and walk out in from of this guy? How would you feel if you were the parent watching them get smooshed? Shoes on the other foot, I don't feel bad for him.

Then he caused damage to other innocent people's property. Not just his own.

EDITED

QUOTE FROM OTHER BOARD WHERE ORIGINALLY DISCUSSED

If it was only property damage and one broken nose (hopefully repairable), this was a tragedy for those involved...but seeing all those people and kids around...and the baby carriage...I think an extreme disaster was barely avoided. It will make me more cautious....
But, come to find out, the owner of the truck wasn't driving it, he was in the passenger seat, so that explains alot.

So I guess Friends don't let Friends drive their Lightning.

In Mass, you get caught driving without insurance, you get get locked up. Well, unless your an illegal and they just let you go because they don't want to deal with all the paperwork

Last edited by tallimeca; 05-25-2007 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-25-2007 | 07:12 PM
All I am trying to say is a stuck WOT is a bitch!!!!

It is not something you can prepare for.

At Atco last year or the year before a racer with many passes in a dragster had his throttle stick after his pass and he ran into the trees a good 1/8 mile passed the traps and died.

He went through the sand and fence.

Unfortunately he did not react properly. His first instinct was to grab the brake. Obviously he could have done other things and this is a guy who was at the track , with race gear on, mentally prepared and it still happens.

When you left off the throttle your mind expects the truck to slow down. That is all I am saying.

Should people do burnouts in a parking lot.. Probaly not, but I do notthink that will ever stop.

I am way more upset with KB releasing a product like this. To me that is INSANE !!!!! A throttle sticking is much worse then 2 more hours to change your plugs.

KB F'd up.. Plain and simple. IMO

VINNIE

Old 05-25-2007 | 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by VINNIE
All I am trying to say is a stuck WOT is a bitch!!!!

It is not something you can prepare for.

VINNIE
I can vouch for that.....

someday ill get my lazy butt to convert that vid to mpeg. but 7 years after the fact I bet no one on here has nfc what im talking about.

anyway, be safe.

Quick Reply: KB 2.6 smash up!!!!!!