Lightning

Fuel Pressure Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007 | 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by SWThomas
So basically I need to re-install the resistor and install another resistor in-line with the first one? How exactly is more resistance going to be better?

I guess, according to Sal put another resistor parallel to the stock one...meaning both the inlet and outlet wires tied together then spliced back into the stock 2 wires so that you are still utilizing the harness with the factory plug (connector)...

Old 05-26-2007 | 10:59 PM
|
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by JeffsLightning
I guess, according to Sal put another resistor parallel to the stock one...meaning both the inlet and outlet wires tied together then spliced back into the stock 2 wires so that you are still utilizing the harness with the factory plug (connector)...
I guess I'll give that a try. Does anyone have a part # for the resistor so I can get another one?

Couldn't something be adjusted in the tune instead of messing with the resistors?

Old 05-26-2007 | 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by SWThomas
I guess I'll give that a try. Does anyone have a part # for the resistor so I can get another one?

Couldn't something be adjusted in the tune instead of messing with the resistors?

Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
F81Z14A601AC $37.47 $0.00 $24.73

RESISTOR ASSY - FUEL

Old 05-26-2007 | 11:45 PM
|

Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
F81Z14A601AC $37.47 $0.00 $24.73

RESISTOR ASSY - FUEL
Thanks.

Old 05-26-2007 | 11:47 PM
|

I understand how to do this, but how is creating more resistance going to fix the issue?

Old 05-27-2007 | 12:52 AM
By adding a resister in series , resistance is additive, you will decrease the voltage to the pumps. In parallel, what Sal is saying, it is halfed. R1XR2/R1+R2 is the formula. So your voltage will be increased to the pumps.

Old 05-27-2007 | 04:37 AM
I have my 225s wired direct through a heavy duty 70amp relay and it's own
heavy duty 20amp fuse taking power direct from under the fuse box from the inlet terminal with dedicated cable direct to pumps.

Connected at plug above tank and installed a direct earth to chassis too.

All the original fuel contol does is power the new main relay so keeping key control and the impact safety cut out.

If anything goes down I loose power to pump. it's on full or off.
Been working fine for 6 months now.

Old 05-27-2007 | 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by Ricki F-150
I have my 225s wired direct through a heavy duty 70amp relay
and it's own heavy duty 20amp fuse
and installed a direct earth to chassis too.

Listen to "The Butcher" over there

This coming from a man that runs 11.6 in a JDM Assault Motor and uses words like Mate, Bobby, and Gay,
to describe Friends, Cops, and Cigarettes
OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT
And how exactly did you connect THE EARTH to your chassis

Old 05-27-2007 | 10:23 AM
SW Thomas,
I sent you a pm on Carolina Horsepower. Good luck.

Old 05-27-2007 | 11:12 AM
Hey Rob you sonna bitch ice cream salesman - would that be the same guy that phoned you from his cell phone in the UK when you were having issues with installing that 2.6KB to help you get on top of a vac line problem ?? eh

Or the one that sent you fuse box detail via e-mail straight away ??

I seem to remember a certain Red truck !!
That 600hp Red truck that got outa shape as the doughnut that installed the new blower had the throttle linkage jammed into the hood
Which also decided to lock up and bend it's rods maybe as a result of the severe beating it got at the hand, or rather right foot of it's previous owner.
(Just how many pounds (round it to the nearest 10 as I know you can only count up to eight on your fingers) of silicone did you put round that rear window - you BODGER ) @#%$*)()@~{}###

I bet Jim nearly choked and spat out his coffee when he heard you got Mike's truck.

Old 05-27-2007 | 01:08 PM
Hey I never said you werent a great Lightning Brother
and hell ya you hooked me up a bunch of few times
( thats what brothers are for )
Geeze I could only imagine what you call Brothers over there, prob something like *****'s
OR SOMETHING

I was only breaking your *****, you've done more Lightning fuel system research than prob anyone I know, I also know the factory relays wiring and switches cost you a motor once, just like I lost a built motor in my 02 from a wire pulling out of my 02 Harness Extention. A/F and Fuel delivery is EVERYTHING on these L's. Keep your wiring diagram handy on that fuel system who knows maybe I'll need it some day PAL ; o )

AND WHATS WRONG WITH 5LBS OF SILICONE ON MY WINDOW, (it worked didnt it) hehehehehe

As for the KB getting stuck Floored man that was a day to rememeber....
Now calm down and go have some Tea (insert Gay here) or something

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY PAL (oh let me guess you celebrate that in January)

Old 05-27-2007 | 01:49 PM
|

Anyone have a picture or diagram of how these resistors need to be run parallel to each other?

Old 05-27-2007 | 02:21 PM
If your going with the twin resistors mount the additional one close by and duplicate the wiring to connect the extra resistor the same as the original.

Like for like connection - paralel. gives a lower resistance which is what you want for the twin 225s

If you go through the first resistor then through the 2nd that's a series connection which will lower the voltage even more, you don't want that.

Personally I would junk the dual voltage system and have full voltage to pumps letting the fuel pressure regulator do the controling in conjunction with boost level.
Less to go wrong.

Why not speak with your tuner who should be able to advise you in accordance with your set up and motor requirements.

Rob I can't wait to get over to NJ but I won't bust yer ***** you ***.
Just your wallet as your buying the big steaks and beer
And for your information our memorial day is November 11th when we remember all our fallen comrades..... see you have learn't something today
sonny.

Old 05-27-2007 | 03:32 PM
|

Does anyone have a pic or diagram? Even with the way Ricki broke it down I'm still confused...

Old 05-27-2007 | 03:43 PM
Parallel:

Series:

Quick Reply: Fuel Pressure Issue