Lightning

Just talked to SVT....

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2001 | 11:36 AM
|
Talking Just talked to SVT....

Thursday 25th 8:30 PST,SVT said there was NO
problems.Making them as i write this YES !!!

Fritz Silver "L" ETA to dealer week of 2/19

Old 01-25-2001 | 11:43 AM
right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2001 | 02:31 PM
Suspended For Rules Violations
SVT is lying to you. My order is still showing a temp. delay status, as well as a few other people.

------------------
-Marcus M.
Email-SnakEyez60@aol.com
Black 2001 ordered and impatiently waiting.
Moderator:BLackBoLT01 <A HREF="Http://www.SVTperformance.com" TARGET=_blank> </A>

Old 01-25-2001 | 03:00 PM
|
Blackbolt,
I wonder why they are holding yours up and
not Undys. I'm at work so i can't check mine.
As of last Friday my build date was 1/29/01.
This is very interesting.
Fritz 2001 Silver "L" on order

Old 01-25-2001 | 04:25 PM
Whats more interesting is, we are both in California,and I ordered my truck ONE DAY after you did. 11/21/00 . So, I wonder what's so dang special about me, that they hold my truck up.

------------------
-Marcus M.
Email-SnakEyez60@aol.com
Moderator:BLackBoLT01 <A HREF="Http://www.SVTperformance.com" TARGET=_blank> </A>

Old 01-25-2001 | 04:28 PM
(1n 1999)I dont know about this year but My Lightning was ordered to be the first my dealer got in.It was put at the end of the run because Mine was ordered with a tonneau. Is this possible again? Mainly sounds to me like you dealer is screwing something up and he isnt tellin. You really need to OPEN your mouth

Old 01-25-2001 | 04:39 PM
Fritz, SVT also says that only 1% of the 99-00 Lighting's intercoolers leak. Yeah, give me a break SVT. If you don't have the answers please don't try to make one up.

HANKFAN

Old 01-25-2001 | 04:48 PM
PFA
SVT guy at the Detroit Auto Show told me the same thing. Has anybody taken a count lately as to what we have on THIS board for intercooler leaks, including the ones with 2 replacements? He said they do watch this board particularly. Maybe our feedback is reaching them. We must be the majority of the 1%.

Old 01-25-2001 | 04:49 PM
Lightningquick
-It's hard enough to get ahold of my dealer b/c his dads in bad condition at the hospital. This has come from him, and his secretary. He's the fleet manager, so I don't know if I could talk to a regular sales person or not. I did open my mouth and this is his response.... "Marcus, I am sorry I was not able to contact you as you requested. I appolgize but my father is in the hospital and I have been running thin. I would like to explain how the order process works so that you can filter some of the errant information that you are recieving. When your truck schedules to be built it will then recieve a VIN #, not before. There is no way to call Ford to get a Vin # or schedule date. It is all done by Ford Regional and National Management with numerious scheduling crieteria. All a dealer can do is find out from Ford what the probability of scheduling a certain vehicle line with the various commodities issues that are influencing what can and can not be built. I fully expect to see your order schedule next Friday for an estimated early March delivery. Please realize that I do not get paid until we close your deal so I too want your truck deal to progress as fast as it can. I wish that I had control over the system but realize that no dealer does. All we can do is wait till your unit goes through the system. Contact me if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Jim Kelly"

Oh, and the "errant information" that I'm getting is from all of you.

------------------
-Marcus M.
Email-SnakEyez60@aol.com

Old 01-25-2001 | 05:50 PM
i was just thinking . if it wasnt for you guys in this forum i would never know about the intercooler issue. i wonder how many L owners are out there just filling thiers back up ? and we all know how the dealerships are . i bet there are alot more leaking than svt knows about. just a thought

------------------
silver 00
99 flht
lots of bills

Old 01-25-2001 | 05:51 PM
Wink

No changes on my order or build week.
I had my build week date and VIN. number 30 days from the date of order.

------------------
Rick
'01 Red Lightning Ordered 11/30/00
Build week of 2/19/01

Old 01-26-2001 | 12:15 AM
SVT is pretty quiet when it comes to new info.,I don't think they would advise any details of problems.
Did they explain "temporary delays" ?
The first '99 and '00 owners also had their share of delays

Quick Reply: Just talked to SVT....