Lightning

Building my own Line Lock. Need fitting info...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007 | 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by SWThomas
Just to update this thread. The Summit Line Lock Install kit comes with the fittings needed to build your own line lock. For some unknown reason the hard line that came with the PSP Line Lock Kit I bought from Larry leaked. So I decided to buy the Summit kit and just use the master cylinder fittings from the PSP kit with the lines in the Summit kit. Low and behold the Summit kit came with the same master cylinder fitting that comes with the PSP kit. I ended up just using the Hurst Solenoid from the PSP kit and everything else I used came from the Summit kit. I just did the install and everything fit perfect. No leaks. So for those of you that are thinking about building your own line lock, go for it. Just get the Summit Install Kit and a solenoid of your choice and you're good to go.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Spencer,
Got any pics of the install?

Old 10-08-2007 | 08:33 PM
|
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Bill Bell
Spencer,
Got any pics of the install?
In about 2 hours....

Old 10-08-2007 | 09:01 PM
It's not the M/C fitting that's special (that's just a shelf part), it's the fitting on the solenoid that allows the factory line to attach without splicing that we custom make.

If you want to cut and splice your factory lines, then you don't need the special fittings.

Old 10-08-2007 | 11:47 PM
|
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by LightningTuner
It's not the M/C fitting that's special (that's just a shelf part), it's the fitting on the solenoid that allows the factory line to attach without splicing that we custom make.

If you want to cut and splice your factory lines, then you don't need the special fittings.
Okay. Gotcha. If someone was going to use the stock line I guess they would need that fitting.

Quick Reply: Building my own Line Lock. Need fitting info...