Lightning

holy s**t

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2001 | 11:59 AM
|
Talking

I forgot, CA just passed a 32.5% fee reduction. They mail you a rebate check later. So I should get a check for just under $180, reducing my fee to $373. This is still exhorbitant, but I can live with it, makes me feel a lot better. As far as moving to TX or someplace with lower fees, I don't think so, especially when I'm sitting on my boat at twilight out at Anacapa sipping a cool one while watching the city lights turning on. And I'm talking about February, when most of you are buried under 4' of snow. Enjoy.

Old 01-25-2001 | 02:10 PM
Suspended For Rules Violations
Talking

Amen to that George! It great during winter time out in Cali with the highs being 60-70 deg. and the lows at 50-60.

------------------
-Marcus M.
Email-SnakEyez60@aol.com
Black 2001 ordered and impatiently waiting.
Moderator:BLackBoLT01 <A HREF="Http://www.SVTperformance.com" TARGET=_blank> </A>

Old 01-25-2001 | 02:42 PM
Amen, I've lived in ventura co. and if you don't like 75 degree weather ALL the time your not gona like it there. I wish I could buy you a cold one looking out from Neptunes Net and enjoying those endless canyon roads. Ever tried "Stunt Road" before? Of of Mulholland Hwy and Kanan. I used to love that road on my RD 400 Daytona Special... among others.
Enjoy brother!

Old 01-25-2001 | 03:21 PM
Wink

Not everybody's under 4' of snow! Here in Florida I've got no inspections, $25/year re-newal, Gulf of Mexico or Atlantic ocean to choose from, take your pick, either's an hour's drive, you can swim in both year round as opposed to freezing your mcnuggets off in the Pacific picking seaweed out of your hair, plenty of rednecks to keep life amusing and cheerful (I probably qualify as one by now!), and I don't have to battle friggin L.A. traffic every time I want to go to the airport!! We even get to drive and park on the beach on Atlantic side. Verrrry nice, but not good for the guy who's stuck with your old rusty hulk 20 years down the road. And (going for the jugular) for the price of a 1,500 sq ft shack on a postage stamp sized lot in Cali, you can buy a virtual mansion here. Yeah, we have swamps and tractor pulls, but man it's cheap here in Florida! I like it anywhere that it's warm, there's water, and a 10-car garage is a practical feat. I visit Ventura pretty often on business, it's a great area. I just can't imagine affording the bills there. I could NEVER afford to own all my toys.

Old 01-25-2001 | 03:33 PM
Wink

So what are you guys trying to say? which state is overall better, Fla or Ca. discuss and i'll try to keep score.

Old 01-25-2001 | 03:40 PM
Forget the discussion, we'll arm wrestle.

Old 01-25-2001 | 03:41 PM
Thumbs down

Gee - you L owners don't catch much of a break, do you? Makes me realize I'll need to save up a whole lot more before I can afford 1 - just my luck I'd get the truck then couldn't afford to register it!
Eric S - I have family in Webster! I've never seen a Lightning up close - heck, I've never even seen 1 far away! Any chance I could meet you someday to look at the truck & tell my friends I finally saw a Lightning? I don't think they sold a single 1 here in Buffalo - nobody can afford them!
Serioulsy - I'd love to see your truck. If you'd be interested in the group photo shoot too let me know. I have several F150 owners from Western NY & Ontario wanting to get together for this - you'd be our ONLY L! Let me know - I'm in Chat tonight at 9:00 PM - I can tell you more about it then. Thanks!

------------------
Love my truck & PROUD of it! If you can't beat 'em, you're NOT driving a FORD!
Shovies PROVE that FORD'S are #1!!
'97 Black F150 XLT ORP 4X4
4.6L/auto/3.55 LS/power EVERYTHING,
nerf bars, 17" wheels, fog lights, trailer hitch w/electrical connector, front tow hooks, bed rail caps,
6 CD changer, lumbar support & 3 cow license plates - so far!

Old 01-25-2001 | 04:54 PM
Alphadoggy, you said:

"at Anacapa sipping a cool one while watching the city lights turning on."

I thought in CA. it is "watching ALL the lights being turned off". You may be needing a more scenic vista in the near future.

My state we register every two years for $80. $12 every two year for emission inspection.

Got state sales tax, income tax, county income tax (60% of state tax for me), property tax, and other taxes and fees.

Can any of you guys beat MD. "progressive" tax scams?

Old 01-25-2001 | 05:56 PM
|
Talking

Yes, jstovall, I am very familiar with Stunt Road and Neptune's Net. Used to ride my Bonneville up and down all those canyons, and later, my Alan - used to do a century through those mountains at least once a week. Traffic is worse out here than it was when I moved here 11 years ago, but still nothing compared to L.A. Don't have to deal with that, though, except a couple times a year- the L.A. Auto Show and the Fred Hall Fishing Show in Long Beach. Only go to the airport once a year to visit my kid in Hawaii, and then either I take the United Shuttle from Oxnard, or my buddy ferries me down in his Lancair. My kid
http://home.earthlink.net/~robinvydeo/
agrees that the water is too cold, though, says he would never move back to CA. My labs love it, though. I guess life isn't perfect anywhere, is it?

[This message has been edited by alphadoggy (edited 01-25-2001).]

Old 01-25-2001 | 06:19 PM
|
Unhappy

Dazed and confused. Asked a friend of mine how much the registration was on his twin turbo Supra. He happened to have the bill right there, and it appeared that he had something called a VLF offset in the amount of 35% subtracted up front. So I came home and studied my renewal notice with more care, and discovered that my total fees, including vanity plate (HAULS A) amounted to $750, and 35% of the license fee portion, amounting to $197, had already been subtracted, leaving a balance of $553. But then, in a supplemental letter, it says something about getting another 32.5% rebate in the mail later. So I called the DMV hotline and discovered that indeed I will receive a rebate check later for 32.5% of the license fee, which in my case amounts to $183. $553 - $183 = $370. Steep, but a lot better than $750. Not enough to pay the moving expenses to FL.

[This message has been edited by alphadoggy (edited 01-25-2001).]

Old 01-25-2001 | 09:43 PM
Not enough to pay the moving expenses to FL.

Not to mention, Ya'll down there in Florida be sweatin' yer' a$$ off come June-August while Alphadoggy will still be at 75 degrees....until the seabreeze picks up and brings it back down to 70 @ 11am. Don't forget to run your A/C once a month Alphadoggy, you floridians won't have to worry 'bout that!
If I could figure a way to move back there I would, for now the Nor CA mountains for me.
More power to ya brother!

Old 01-25-2001 | 10:48 PM
|
Question

What part of the mountains, j? Had a buddy who lived in Boulder Creek and I used to make it up that way several times a year, but he moved to Albion so I guess I won't be heading that way any time soon. Will be in Montery for the Historics in August, though.

Old 01-26-2001 | 10:02 PM
Well it finally happend,...SNOW! Luckily it melted quick. The L just doesen't seem to me to be the best snow vehicle, at least not unless you are the ONLY vehicle on the road. Alphadoggy, I'm in the CA sierras in a town called Columbia, its 140 miles due east of SF. Great roads, as long as there is no snow and I am the only L (that I know of anyway) in the foothills. No one even has a clue as to what it is. It's like a little piece of West Virginia right here in CA, for you it would be like living in Topanga Canyon.

Old 01-26-2001 | 10:08 PM
Suspended For Rules Violations
Talking

Topanga Cyn!! That's the street I live off of. I live on Valley Circle, up close to Box Canyon, and the Manson caves. Any of you know any other twisty roads around here? I hear Blacks Canyon, or Browns Canyon is supposed to be twisty as hell, but I can't find it. Box Canyon isn't even a challenge anymore.

------------------
-Marcus M.
Email-SnakEyez60@aol.com
Black 2001 ordered and impatiently waiting.
Moderator:BLackBoLT01 <A HREF="Http://www.SVTperformance.com" TARGET=_blank> </A>

Old 01-26-2001 | 10:33 PM
BLackBoLT99, you have so many too choose from, stunt rd, encinal cyn (sp), decker cyn (REAL NARROW), mulhullond Hwy, Ican't remember the name of the rd at the top of stunt rd, but its good too. Any...all of your canyon roads are great , especially on a crotch rocket, JUST MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE ROAD OUT BEFORE GOING THRU FAST, there was...is always rocks and such that fall down and come onto the road. Thats much worse on a crotch rocket too! And since I mentioned Rocks, go to the Rock Store and check out the bikes while your at it, bet they'll be the ones checkin' your L out!
enjoy!

[This message has been edited by jstovall (edited 01-26-2001).]

Quick Reply: holy s**t