Lightning

You won't believe this! That's the ugliest thing i ever saw in this forum !

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007 | 11:45 PM
|
You won't believe this! That's the ugliest thing i ever saw in this forum !

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...27#post2712727

Old 07-07-2007 | 01:42 AM
IB4DALOCK

Old 07-07-2007 | 09:17 AM
The truth can be ugly.

Old 07-07-2007 | 09:51 AM
IMO, Rafa had way too much money invested and not enough common sense. The end product is a gaudy looking, bloated, heavy F-150 that will get walked on by much less powerful vehicles, and will wind up on e-Bay in a year or two with a "Lightning conversion" tag and starting price of 60K for us to gawk and jeer over. It's a rolling cliche-mobile. He should have never trolled the Lightning forum with that abomination, since the vehicle is obviously not a Lightning. It has as much business here as regular updates regarding my Kawasaki ZX-14.

The truth does hurt. He received precisely what he asked for.

Edit: Rob's reasons below, specifically "That he wanted everything but didn't want to go for what was needed" is the root cause behind everything. JDM isn't going to stake his reputation over a single bipolar loudmouth and a minor customer service problem.

Last edited by Master Of Pain; 07-07-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-07-2007 | 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Incogneto
The truth can be ugly.

What does that mean ???

That the guy has done nothing but Bashed JDM since day one ???

That the guy changed his mind over and over again during the build ???

That the guy rushed JDM and DEMANDED his truck back after it was already done and then had to be totally re-done and changed to his new idea's ???

That he wanted everything but didnt want to go for what was needed ???

Old 07-07-2007 | 11:01 AM
As we found out it was only a single plate torque convertor and he asked me to have a custom 3 plate convertor made for him and we did and now that $950 convertor plus S&H is sitting on my shelf collecting dust.

He went "all the way with the motor"..... but not with the transmission ?

Old 07-07-2007 | 12:22 PM
I clicked on the link and it took me to a pic of a yota. I wasn't sure if the rafa/jdm saga or the Tundra was the ugly thing he was talking about.

Old 07-07-2007 | 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Rob_00Lightning
What does that mean ???

That the guy has done nothing but Bashed JDM since day one ???

That the guy changed his mind over and over again during the build ???

That the guy rushed JDM and DEMANDED his truck back after it was already done and then had to be totally re-done and changed to his new idea's ???

That he wanted everything but didnt want to go for what was needed ???
It means just what it says. Your version isn't any better than his is it?

Old 07-07-2007 | 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by hmfic
I clicked on the link and it took me to a pic of a yota. I wasn't sure if the rafa/jdm saga or the Tundra was the ugly thing he was talking about.
I thought the same thing at first lol

Old 07-07-2007 | 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Master Of Pain
The end product is a gaudy looking, bloated, heavy F-150 that will get walked on by much less powerful vehicles
How exactly is his truck "gaudy looking"? Visually it's a stock Lincoln Mark LT with wheels and a billet gas door. What's wrong with that?

Old 07-08-2007 | 03:47 AM
Originally Posted by LightningTuner
How exactly is his truck "gaudy looking"? Visually it's a stock Lincoln Mark LT with wheels and a billet gas door. What's wrong with that?
Sorry Sal but this

is one of those things I point and laugh at when I see it going down the street.
I know nothing about any problems he is having nor do I care to read all of it either.

Old 07-08-2007 | 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by SVT F15O
Sorry Sal but this

is one of those things I point and laugh at when I see it going down the street.
I know nothing about any problems he is having nor do I care to read all of it either.
+1 about reading all this but gaudy? more like ghetto,ghay,fugly.......

Old 07-08-2007 | 10:29 AM
so because he has a truck that doesnt catch your eye, who cares? Is mine gaudy too? just curious

Old 07-08-2007 | 12:32 PM
I have no interest in getting in the ***** fight here.... but in my opinion that Lincoln is FUGLY FUGLY FUGLY... He should have got a S/C Harley from 03-04.

All I can say is... I may buy all my parts from all the vendors on the site, but lucky for me... I can build the engine myself.. Would never spend that kind of money on a vehicle and have somebody else do it... **** 30K or even 25K is 65% labor costs... SCREW THAT...

my opinion is... if you can't do it yourself, you shouldn't be trying to get a vehicle for racing... there is no other need for that kind of power except to race it, and I do not care how good JDM is, if you get a highly modified vehicle, it requires 100% more maintenance than a factory built vehcile... PERIOD. Quit bitching, get a chiltons manual, or buy alldata, or haynes.. I don't care... but do it yourself or get screwed, whether intentional, or by mistake...

Man its just like going through the McDonalds drivethrough... If you dont have them repeat your order 5 times they are going to f**k it up.. THEY ALWAYS DO... They don't do it intentionally, for the most part... And you **** them off in the process for having them repeat it 5 times... but.. you get what you want...

my .02

Old 07-08-2007 | 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by cklepinger
I can build the engine myself.. Would never spend that kind of money on a vehicle and have somebody else do it... **** 30K or even 25K is 65% labor costs... SCREW THAT...

my opinion is... if you can't do it yourself, you shouldn't be trying to get a vehicle for racing...
I agree with that.

Quick Reply: You won't believe this! That's the ugliest thing i ever saw in this forum !