Lightning

truck screaming but not go anywhere, threw codes

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
truck screaming but not go anywhere, threw codes

It has been about a month since I have drove the truck and it was only briefly and last time it had these symptoms and before that is was probably a month or 2 before i drove it. so the truck has been basically sitting for the last 3 months
I have a fuel issue, and I am looking for you guys to tell me it is not the hose popped off the fuel pump
At a light, give it gas, truck hesitates for 3 or 4 seconds then surges forward. driving floor it and the supercharger screams(not 100% but it kicked in) and the truck accelerates very slow, no throw you back in the seat and give you whiplash like I am used to.
on the way home last night the check engine light came on and the codes were p0171 and p0174 lean bank 1 and bank 2. The last engine mod I did was twin 225 fuel pumps, and I have maybe 500 miles on the truck since that mod. I used the stainless y pipe so i know i did not crush that. So I am guessing it is my fuel filter (more like praying) or a hose popped off the pump, which i hope is not the case.
It is probably going to be a few weeks before i can get to working on this so just looking to trouble shoot in advance.
what do you think?

Old 07-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Those codes usually indicate that there is a vacumm leak at the hose behind the blower on the lower intake, part of the pcv hose on the passenger side.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by unclemole
Those codes usually indicate that there is a vacumm leak at the hose behind the blower on the lower intake, part of the pcv hose on the passenger side.
can i get to it without pulling the blower? That may make sense, i have my nitrous selenoid mounted behind the blower and it was a beotch to get mounted back there, i might have knocked something around.
thanks

Old 07-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by halflife
can i get to it without pulling the blower? That may make sense, i have my nitrous selenoid mounted behind the blower and it was a beotch to get mounted back there, i might have knocked something around.
thanks
You can get it off without taking it off but i dont think you can get it back on properly. I had to replace the one on my truck and i just pulled the charger. Its only like a 2 hour job start to finish. Thats taking your time and making sure everything goes back smoothly.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:06 PM
got no problem pulling the blower off, can have it off and on in 45 minutes but it is just too freaking hot in my garage to work! looking for the easy way out!

Old 07-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Some people have claimed to be able to reach down there with the blower on but I couldn't. The end of the hose has a rubber 90 that fits over a nipple and it's a tight fit, it's hard to get the leverage to get the new one pushed on.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:53 PM
ah my intercooler could use a cleaning anyhow. i am going to swap out the fuel filter and see if that is it first, just another excuse to go check out the hot girl at the ford dealer!

Old 07-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Also clean your IAC valve some times by sitting it gets gumed up.
Cuz if your super charger is screaminging that means the engine is turning it fast enough. The IAC controls tranny, idle, and a few other things.

God Bless,

Suavy

Old 07-12-2007, 01:26 PM
well i could not sleep last night, was having nightmares my L was not running right, so 1 am i went out to my garage and with plans to clean the IAC and swap the fuel filter. It was hot as hell in the garage, so I just cleaned the IAC. It was gummed up, went through 3/4 bottle of carb cleaner and there is still some gunk. i moves much better now though. I had recently bought a polish throttle body so I just put that on instead of trying to wrestle with the fuel filter. going to try and tackle that late tonight and take it for a spin.
as far as the vacuum line, not sure which one you are talking about but i followed all of the lines back around the super charger and they all seem connected to something or fine. So hopefully the fuel filter and IAC cleaning will work.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:24 PM
well changed the fuel filter and adjusted the tps and it is still no good

anyone have a pic of that vacuum line behind the blower?

Old 07-13-2007, 06:47 AM
May the force be with you....

Old 07-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Rob_00Lightning

Good picture Rob. That's the culprit, the insulated hose with the green band. The place where it's probably leaking is where it connects to the lower intake, just above the bellhousing behind the white tag in the picture. The end gets real mushy from the heat. A replacement comes as a system with a new pcv with hose, the hose to the upper intake and the hose to the lower intake.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by Rob_00Lightning

yeah my fat azz is not getting down there. time to pick up a 12 pack of heineken and pull the blower. guess it is time to powder coat the lower intake!

Old 07-13-2007, 12:02 PM
my truck has less than 11K miles on it, do you really think that rotted out already? It has to be either that or the pumps, both being a pain in da butt to get to. it is either drop the tank/lift the bed or pull the blower. which would you do first?

Old 07-13-2007, 04:01 PM
I can tell you that one of THE main culprets for this end elbo hose deteriorating is the excessive use of a carb or t.b. cleaner . Some knucklehead(whos name I won't mention) thought it was a good idea for him to empty a can of carb cleaner into my intercooler when I had my Blower off, thinking he was saving me time by not taking it off! And without telling me until after it was done. Needless to say I was pissed. Well, low and behold the very next Month I started with idling problems and then the truck not accelerating but with loud blower whine. I ended up taking it all off (as well as the intercooler plate) and there was a 3/4 inch hole eaten through the elbo. My suggestion is that if you need to spray the T/B. , then do it with the engine OFF and wipe it down inside. These lines are NOT made for harsh solvents.Period!

Last edited by Mondo1; 07-13-2007 at 04:04 PM.

Quick Reply: truck screaming but not go anywhere, threw codes