Lightning

Lightning spotted in MA on its roof.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2001 | 01:32 PM
|
Post Lightning spotted in MA on its roof.....

My buddy just called me up while on his way to meet me here at work. He said he saw a white Lightning all tore up on route 128 in Mass near Waltham. Roof was caved in, a real mess. Anyone from this board? If so, from what i was told you're lucky to have walked away.

------------------
2000 Silver Lightning
2935/4966
R9 Superchip
Flowmasters
Best 1/4, 13.91 @ 99.52 mph Stock

Old 02-03-2001 | 03:58 PM
Cool, One less white one running around New England Ive only seen 3 white ones up here.My old 99,another one in maine,one from ma which an older gentlman owns.

All serious I hope nobody was hurt but i love the fact that white is the rarest color anywhere.Actually,ther are very few up here in general.

Old 02-03-2001 | 08:13 PM
From: Beautiful Fort Worth in the Great State of Texas which is part of The Best Country on this Planet Earth, The U.S.A.!
I don't know which is worse, that L on its roof or the White 99 L I saw yesterday in the parking lot of Home Depot.

This poor machine was being used as a work truck!!!

We are talking ladders in the back, 5 gallon buckets of paint, paint all splashed around in the bed, some kind of cement or drywall mud everywhere in the bed, the bed completely scratched all to hell, many door dings down each side of the truck, filthy muddy dirty, tires bald, interior trashed and filthy.

And the most despicable piece of evidence that this poor truck is owned by an absolute moron idot??

It had "chrome" stickers of some sort over the wheel well flairs and a chromed "chain" license plate holder!!!! AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!
How could somebody do this to that poor thing?

At least the L on its roof went quick..............

Old 02-03-2001 | 08:18 PM
I think I know that truck. There is white Lightning here in Waltham, I have seen it around lately.
If it the one I have seen it had a big sticker on the windshield that said white lightning

by the way I saw a Silver L on rt 93 Thursday it had a cool tint on it. the tops of the windows were black then it fade to silver towards the bottom, is this anyones truck?

------------------
1999 F150 4x4 4.6V8 regcab/shortbed
Oxford White with Wedgewood Blue two tone, with Blue Captains chairs
Bullet Cat Back, Superchip, K&N FIPK Intake.
Centerline Saber rims 17x8" with Firestone GTA 275/60hr-17 tires.
Alpine CDA-7845, ADS P640 Amp, Focal Poly Kevlar seperates.

SILVER 2001 LIGHTNING on order
http://members.tripod.com/donf150/Welcome/id7.html

[This message has been edited by Don C (edited 02-03-2001).]

Old 02-03-2001 | 08:56 PM
|
Don, the guy who owns the dunkin donuts on lexington street in Waltham had a 99 white lightning that his brother wrecked on a thrill ride. That same guy owns a lamboughini (sp) and a caddy escalade for his daily driver. They must do great business at dunkin donuts.

Old 02-04-2001 | 12:55 AM
lamborghini

------------------
2000 silver lincoln navigator 4x4, heated seats, 3 LCD tvs, tinted windows. More to come.

1999 black lightning,
cervinis ramair hood,
4 infinity kappa 6x8,
A.R.E. tonneau cover,
tinted windows,clear corners, piaa superwhites,

coming up soon: power pulleys, slotted rotors,flowmaster exhaust, superchip, 100 shot of nox, belltech 3-4 drop, ramair kit, headers, plus more i just can't think of.

1997 35'Fountain 35Lightning,
mercury 502 MPI,Sleeping accommodations for 4;
-Compass
-Depth Sounder
-GPS
-Hourmeter
-Engine alarm

Old 02-04-2001 | 01:13 AM
Sorry to hear about the totaled lightning. Maybe some good can come out in the end. I am looking for the complete drive train from a 1999 or 2000 Lightning. Could possibly use the suspension, brakes, and wheel/tires. Anyone know where I can find one? Thanks, Bill

Old 02-04-2001 | 03:15 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jsavery:
Sorry to hear about the totaled lightning. Maybe some good can come out in the end. I am looking for the complete drive train from a 1999 or 2000 Lightning. Could possibly use the suspension, brakes, and wheel/tires. Anyone know where I can find one? Thanks, Bill</font>
Good luck finding that... One small piece of advice, you don't want an engine from a roll over vehicle. When a vehicle is on it's roof (and possibly still running), the oil is no longer where it was meant to be.

Trace

Old 02-04-2001 | 07:21 PM
Thumbs down

Just got back from drill weekend. Always a sad thing to hear about someones misfortune. Will keep an eye out for "parting out" ads.

------------------
Ed
White'00 #2006

Quick Reply: Lightning spotted in MA on its roof.....