Lightning

Not that I was shaking in my boots, but the Hemi R/T is dead...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2000 | 10:34 AM
|
Post Not that I was shaking in my boots, but the Hemi R/T is dead...

Word around Detroit (Autoweek) is that the germans nixed all the new engine development until DCX starts making some money. Up to and including the vaunted new Hemi, which they intend to kill 'cause there just ain't any money in a half *** attempt to keep up with Ford. Can't compete witht the big pile of cash Ford has sitting around for development.

The saying among business analysts is " Ford makes money selling cars, GM makes money financing cars and Chrysler makes money once in a while"

I feel sorry for them Dodge Boys

Old 12-14-2000 | 03:38 PM
In some small measure of defense for Chrysler, they were sold out by their CEO. They had set the standard for speed in design and implementation. Now it will crash and burn while the new morons that own it (I don't mean the stockholders) rape it. All R&D has stopped and no new platforms are to be released.

Soon we'll be down to Ford and GM and less competition in the marketplace is not a good thing.

Just my .02c worth.

Monroe
99 Red Tow Truck

Old 12-14-2000 | 06:25 PM
Exclamation

Toyota is coming fast. It wouldn't suprise me if in a few years the big three truck makers are Ford, Chevy, Toyota. I hope Ford can keep up the R&D. It's easy for Toyota to spend the bucks to copy Fords ideas that are a proven in the market place. I was recently at a CORR (off road) race and it was ovious that Toyota was sinking more bucks into their race program than Ford and Chevy (Mopar didnt even bother to show). For what its worth The Fords still came out on top, but just by a hair.

Mike

Old 12-14-2000 | 06:33 PM
Talking

I thought MOPAR meant, "Move over, people are racing!"

Old 12-14-2000 | 07:26 PM
Cool

How about these two?...

Mostly
Old
Parts
And
Rust

Most
Overrated
Piece of
American
Rubbish

BTW: saw on one of our roads before crossing the beautiful Delaware River a yellow Prowler with its right front wheel and fender piece off. Must have hit one of our famous Pennsy potholes. nice chrome wheels and everything on this one....

Steve

Old 12-14-2000 | 07:34 PM
Cool

HI!... How about this one!

DODGE RAM =

DRIP
OIL
DRIP
GAS
EVERYWHERE

REBUILD
A
MOTOR

I've always like that one!LOL!

------------------
NEAL " THE H.P FREAK"
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, ***** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), fiberglass smooth wiper cowl (painted OXFORD WHITE), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, 3 AUTOMETER guage pods, filled with tranny temp, engine temp, and oil preasure AUTOMETER "PHANTOM" guages,custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP, BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit (on stage 5 setting)BYPASS CLUTCH CONTROL VALVE/PREASURE REGULATOR VALVE, ASP POWER PULLEYS, custom tig welded and ported JBA "JET BLACK coated headers, twin DERALE 16 INCH ELECTRIC FANS, PERMA COOL 14"/10" tranny cooler with 10" electric fan, custom ported (STOCK) throttle body, custom digital air intake temp sensor, custom ported TB intake elbow, relocated ATS.

FUTURE MODS : FORD SVT 24LB INJECTORS, CUSTOM SUPERCHIP FLIP-CHIP, BBK 75MM THROTTLE BODY, 80MM PRO-M MASS AIR METER, AADI F1 RAM AIR HOOD WITH CUSTOM FABRICATED RAM AIR SET-UP, CAL-TRAC TRACTION BARS, EXTRUDE HONED INTAKE MANIFOLD, SHM CUSTOM FUEL RAILS, SHM "RACE WATER PUMP, 90/10 FRONT CE SHOCKS, 70/30 REAR CE SHOCKS, BELL TECH 2/4 DROP, EXPEDITION CENTER CONSOLE, HARLEY DAVISON F-150, LOWER FRONT VALANCE (painted oxford white) and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA SUPERCHARGER.

ESTIMATED H.P TO DATE : 330H.P / 425ft/lbs of torque.

CURRENT PERFORMANCE : 1/4 MILE - 14.53E.T * MPH - 93.00 * 0-60MPH - 5.8 * 1/8 MILE - 9.2 * 60 FT - 2.0

OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w stroked to 408c.i 625H.P (natural), 875H.P with 250H.P "BIG SHOT" N.O.S kit, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 15.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, CENTERLINE CON-VO PRO rims, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon RCI fuel cell,etc

Old 12-14-2000 | 09:56 PM
I am a big admirer of the Prowler's looks. I have read claims of this V6 running 12s with nitrous or Paxton supercharger.

Old 12-14-2000 | 10:00 PM
Of all the misinformation ive seen, this is the stupdes. FYI, the new Ram starts production next summer and goes on sale next fall, COMPLETE with the new line of Hemi engines (3.7 V6, 4.7, 5.7, and 6.1 V8s). Think, use your brais people. it's not like they started on these things a week ago and can just stop now. These things have been in the planning stages for YEARS!!! They have too much in them to stop now, so therefor, this info is TOTALLY 100% false. That said, look for all new planned products through 04 tocome out as planned. Geez! oh yeah

Found
On
Road
Dead

F#cked
Over
Rebuilt
Dodge

F#cking
Sh%tty
Engine
Riding
In
Elephant

F%cking
Sh%tty
Engine
Requires
Internals
Every
Six miles

L8r, Brian

------------------
1993 Thunderbird LX 5.0 HO

Old 12-14-2000 | 10:17 PM
Red face

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by T-Bird302:
Of all the misinformation ive seen, this is the stupdes. Think, use your brais people.</font>

Brian,

What is a stupdes and brais? I'll admit I'm not very smart. I guess I shouldn't have bought my L afterall. I'm going on 7 months now, so I should expect my sh*tty engine to fall apart any moment now.

------------------
Jim
Black '00
#1,757 built 3/30/00
Clear corners
J.L. Single program
J.L. Stage II ram-air

Old 12-14-2000 | 10:24 PM
NM

[This message has been edited by DaPurpleRT (edited 12-15-2000).]

Old 12-14-2000 | 10:29 PM
Exclamation

You guys want to talk about recalls!!! The FORD Escape has had already 5 recalls in the few short months it's been out!!!! I know, my company makes some components for that lemon(of course none of our parts are the ones that have been recalled). You guys just throw your crap around like it's us versus them! Why can't we just enjoy cars & trucks(more than just Fords) and not get into a pissing contest? A few of you really need to grow up.

Old 12-14-2000 | 11:51 PM
Wink

Hmmmmm.......... Dim & Half..
Sigh....

------------------
Rick

Old 12-15-2000 | 12:51 AM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Chrysler Loses spends a ton redesigning and retooling then adds insult to injury by recalling their cars...

MOPAR =

My
Old
Pig
Ain't
Runnin'

Old 12-15-2000 | 03:58 AM
Well rick, since this logic shut you up elsewhere, 'l post it here.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

Dude you're the one that doesn't want to admit what IS going to happen. Pull your head from between your legs and quit smelling your own farts for a minute and THINK!!!! They have been developing these engines for years, they are NOT going to pull the rug out from under them 5 months before the start of production. Especially considering what it is debuting in, the New Ram, which is the most important new vehicle introduction from Dodge in te next few years. They are NOT comng out with a half-assed truck. Your talking new look, more room, bigger, new suspension, and yes, NEW DRIVETRAINS! Then take the Dakota/Durango. They have already phased out the 318 in them getting ready for the demise of it. Do you think they are going to keep the 5.9 in only one model?!?!?! For starters, the 5.7 is cheaper to build than the 5.9, second, the more hey build of each motor, the less it will cost to produce. Keeping the 5.9 in the Dakota would be a bad move, one which one even Shremp won't make. That is one reason the 4.7HO will see duty for only one year in the 02 R/T. the 5.9 will be dead because there is no use for it anymore and don't forget it's also getting harder to meet emissions requirements. So,m yes the hemiis coming. yes, it will see production in the Dakota, Durango, and Ram. Oh, a completely new Dakota is dues for 03. It is said to be considerably lighter than current model, which will only help things. I will definatly be one of the first to get an order in.

Brian

</font>

Old 12-15-2000 | 04:06 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gforce:

Brian,

What is a stupdes and brais? I'll admit I'm not very smart. I guess I shouldn't have bought my L afterall. I'm going on 7 months now, so I should expect my sh*tty engine to fall apart any moment now.

</font>

Yep, probably is Hahahaha!! Oh yeah, you guys should be scared of the R/T. 350+ HP, 400+ torque and much lighter than the current R/T (1000+ pounds lighter than the Lightning}.

Brian

------------------
1993 Thunderbird LX 5.0 HO

Quick Reply: Not that I was shaking in my boots, but the Hemi R/T is dead...