Lightning

cryo kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cryo kit

Has anyone ever built or used a cryo kit (c02 injection onto the heat exchanger) on there L? if so does it work and is it worth it?

Old 07-25-2007, 01:01 PM
I dont know about the cryo kit but the Killer Chiller would be hard to beat if thats the kind of system you are looking for. Check it out.....

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/gen-2-li...o-pricing.html

Old 07-25-2007, 01:41 PM
spraying Co2 in your engine bay is an instant HP killer.....

Old 07-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by stangster666
Has anyone ever built or used a cryo kit (c02 injection onto the heat exchanger) on there L? if so does it work and is it worth it?
Spraying coolant on the HE is worthless for our trucks. It works well on air to air HE's but not water to air.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:27 PM
what is a good way to chill the H/E? if c02 is no good then what about useing another chemical?

Old 07-25-2007, 03:50 PM
there is no type of "SPRAY" you can use with any success on a air to liquid heat exchanger, the best bet is to either go with a tank you can pck ice into or a killer chiller system, which plumbs the trucks A/C into the intercooler.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:21 PM

I would go with ice in a large reservoir. It's easy to do at the track and on the dyno and it's safer because it lowers the intake temps. I wouldn't use the Killer Chiller. All the power you would gain would be lost in parasitic loss from the A/C running.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm not convinced about that. I have accidently left the A/C on during a run on several occasions and the times didnt fall off any, I cant tell the difference. According to the data when the chiller is turned off the temps take several minutes to warm back up. It could be used to cool down the fluid and turned off after the burn out.

Hey pitstain, weren't you going to try this and test it? For some reason I thought you were looking at doing something with the Killer Chiller. Has anyone used it at the track yet?

Old 07-25-2007, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by rotorwash
I'm not convinced about that. I have accidently left the A/C on during a run on several occasions and the times didnt fall off any, I cant tell the difference. According to the data when the chiller is turned off the temps take several minutes to warm back up. It could be used to cool down the fluid and turned off after the burn out.

Hey pitstain, weren't you going to try this and test it? For some reason I thought you were looking at doing something with the Killer Chiller. Has anyone used it at the track yet?
Wouldn't it cause condensation to drip on the track?

Old 07-25-2007, 08:12 PM
a Killer Chiller (or the like) won't affect your 1/4 mile times because the AC compressor is switched off at WOT. You'll get a nice benefit because there is a large amount of heat sink available in the cold water.

Coldie

Old 07-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by SWThomas
Wouldn't it cause condensation to drip on the track?

I thought that also but according to the information by RWTD there is almost no condensation. I would like to hear from folks that have tried it out at the track. The price is quiet salty and would have to produce good results associated with a high degree of reliability. I have considered it but I keep searching for someone else to be the test dummy.

you are correct I guess, the AC would condense even if the killer chiller doesnt. That would suck if you could use it every where BUT the track.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:59 PM
I have an AC system similar to the killer chiller. Butt dyno says it was good, I haven't been to the real dyno to try it out.

IC temp is always like and cool.

Quick Reply: cryo kit