Lightning

OEM Radio Problems.. What should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007 | 09:07 AM
|
OEM Radio Problems.. What should i get?

Does anyone have problems with stock in dash 6 disc cd changer radio? I have 6 disc's stuck inside i can cant seam to load or eject them out. What should i do? Should i get a all new head unit? I would like a unit that looks stock maybe a double din that fills up the dash, but i ones that i have seen look like crap with all silver and blue colors that will stick out like a sore thumb. What do you have in your truck? any ideas will help!

Old 08-10-2007 | 01:07 PM
|
((((DUAL XDVD8285)))) $499.00 @ BestBuy with thing awesome!!!! Check it out!!

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-PPcJNNr...sp?i=070VD8285

Old 08-10-2007 | 08:56 PM
Double Din Radio

Hey bro, I just installed a Pioneer avic-d3 in my L. Looks sweet but intend to do some hackin to your dash. The space is about a 1/4 inch shy of being the 4" double din. You also have to cut away some plastic in the back. The stock radio is not a perfect square it tapers down. Just hope you have a dremel.

Just letting ya know show when you go to put it in like I did your not too suprised when it does not fit.

I live in Clearwater, You are welcome to stop by and check out mine.

Old 08-10-2007 | 10:24 PM
have you tried disconnecting the battery and letting it sit for 15 minutes, then re-connect? The radio will reset (either right away, or when you first turn the vehicle on). It's worth a shot...

Old 08-10-2007 | 11:09 PM
If that doesn't work, I have one out of a 2004 Lightning that was pulled out 2 Months after the truck was purchased. You can have it for $100

Old 08-13-2007 | 04:31 PM
|
Originally Posted by Mondo1
If that doesn't work, I have one out of a 2004 Lightning that was pulled out 2 Months after the truck was purchased. You can have it for $100
Yes!!! I am interested in you radio.. $100 include shipping.

Old 08-13-2007 | 05:57 PM
Personally I'd buy a new Alpine head with the built in ipod interface say 350.00, no hacking up your truck, it's going to have a least a 2 pair of preamp outs so you can add the amp of your choice now or later and with the dash kit and harness it's a zero cut drop in.

Old 08-13-2007 | 08:14 PM
another vote for alpine. I will not run anything else. When I had my L I had an eclipse deck in that looked pretty sweet and worked well, but I definitely prefer my alpine. I would definitely shy away from brands like Dual. You definitely get what you pay for.

Old 08-15-2007 | 04:49 PM
Stay Away From A Lot Of This Aftermarket Junk

Originally Posted by BlackSVTampa
Does anyone have problems with stock in dash 6 disc cd changer radio? I have 6 disc's stuck inside i can cant seam to load or eject them out. What should i do? Should i get a all new head unit? I would like a unit that looks stock maybe a double din that fills up the dash, but i ones that i have seen look like crap with all silver and blue colors that will stick out like a sore thumb. What do you have in your truck? any ideas will help!
I been told by electronic people that our lightning CD and player radio are good units. If you want the flashing lights green purple etc on these cheap china made aftermarket junk then go for it.

Old 08-16-2007 | 02:30 PM
|
Originally Posted by tlfwatch
I been told by electronic people that our lightning CD and player radio are good units. If you want the flashing lights green purple etc on these cheap china made aftermarket junk then go for it.
hahaha true!!!!! I hate the aftermaket look. i just got me a stock one from the guy above for $100.

Old 08-16-2007 | 09:33 PM
That same thing happened to me in my 03 Cobra. I tried resetting and everything. I kind of panicked. Then I just took another CD and kind of "tickled" the slot and the cover door while pressing eject and the CD's started coming out. I repeated it 6 times and got all the CD's out. You might give that a shot.

Quick Reply: OEM Radio Problems.. What should i get?