Lightning

Still Got the Grin

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2001 | 10:30 PM
|
Talking Still Got the Grin

Picked up the 2000 Lightning on Friday Night --- Man what a vehicle!!! I look for people to pass. On the way home -- had to stop for gas, and hadn't even stepped out of the truck good when two young men walked up and asked if they could look at the truck. Took the wife to lunch on Sunday and a guy was looking over a couple of pickups and said "yep, that is one of them".

But the Performance --- I am sure glad Sixpipes bought one and made the videos!!!!

------------------

'00 Red Lightning, 4446 out of 4966
'01 F-250, White, crew cab,PowerStroke, 4-speed Auto,3.73 Limited Slip,6 CD changer
1997 Camaro Z-28, 6-speed, 30th anniversary convertible -- my fun car
'69 El Camino

Old 03-05-2001 | 10:35 PM
Congrats!

BTW, your sig says 4446 out of 4966. When I picked up my '01, a salesman said the number's stamped on the block, but we couldn't find it (at least, when looking from above).

Where does one find the production number?

Old 03-05-2001 | 10:44 PM
Cool

Ivanhoe, Glad your weekend went well! I am in the internet cafe in Osaka paying $12.00 an hour to get my F150 fix. I am a sick Man! I will be off this machine in 5 minutes or they want the title to my truck. I will give you a call either Thursday evening or Friday morning. Keep Smiling!

Old 03-05-2001 | 10:46 PM
Ivanhoe_Farms
I know what you mean these trucks are awsome. I didn't even get a half a mile from the dealership saturday when someone tried to race me. Then I stopped a t a Dunkin Donuts and a guys askes me if it is really as fast as he heard. A cop even gave me a thumbs up yesterday. It is amazing the looks you get, I see people stop 3-5 car lenghts back from the car in front of them when I am at a light just to look.

Old 03-05-2001 | 10:50 PM
|
ACoder,

The young man I bought the truck from had the SVT certificate.

He was getting married and couldn't afford the truck and a wife --- I suggested he should keep the truck --- but it was too late because we had already made the deal --LOL

Old 03-05-2001 | 10:52 PM
Hehehehe....I gotta remember that one.

Old 03-05-2001 | 11:23 PM
I know the feeling. This past weekend I was at a local HiFi/AV store and parked my shiny Black '01 L by itself, but in very obvious view of the store. While I was inside one of the salesguys was going nuts and drooling all over the windows of the store doors. He phoned at least three buddies about seeing a brand new Lightning in the parking lot. He was pointing it out to all the other personnel and quoting quasi accurate specifications. I was standing in line getting a VCR and had a good chuckle. You should have seen the look on this guy's face as he was standing in the store while my sales guy helped carry my purchases out to the L. As soon as my sales guy went back I could see him getting hit with a barrage of questions.

Hehe! :-)

[This message has been edited by Frans (edited 03-05-2001).]

Quick Reply: Still Got the Grin