Lightning

I want fogs on all the time? I read it!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2001 | 08:22 PM
|
Question I want fogs on all the time? I read it!

Hi Guys, Gals,

I dont want to belabor a point , but i didn 't see the answer to this specific scenereo in the posts. Especially the long detailing the light switch and wiring. What i did get from it all is this. In my US Lightning the #2 wire is the "input to the fog lights", and #5 is the "output to the Fogs". If i simply jumper the two wont my fogs be on whenever the ignition is on???

That is what i want, fogs on all the time, with the ignition. Is this the answer???

------------------
Silver '00 Lightning.
#3962/4966 6/16/00
K&N air
JL-XR's, VR's and 10WO, Crossfire amps.
Ligted Logos.
Clear corners, Altezza tails on order.

Old 03-05-2001 | 08:57 PM
Wink

www.svtlightnings.com

Looks under fog lights

Old 03-05-2001 | 09:42 PM
|
Thanks, but that ain't it. i read all that and all of the f150 posts. i dont want to modify the switch, so i can have fogs in different positions. I want to make a simple electrical jump allowing the fogs to basically come on with the ignition, and stay on with the switch in any position. Always on!
So having said that, the posts dont exactly go there. However, if i read the root posts correctly i should in theory be able to jump from the fog input to the fog output, right? Bypassing the switch all together. This would be the #2 and #5 wires...right??

Old 03-05-2001 | 11:44 PM
KGM
Reddawgy...I can't remember anyone here ever doing it. Give it a shot and you can be the first. Good Luck

Old 03-05-2001 | 11:57 PM
|
LOL, oh gee thanks. What an honor. How do i explain the burnt circuts to the dealer??? LOL. I'll see what i can come up with.

Old 03-06-2001 | 12:23 AM
Lightbulb

Connect the yellow wire at the light switch to the red/yellow wire leading out of fuse #29. Don't cut anything, just run a wire from one to the other.

The yellow wire will trigger the fog lamp relay which is always powered. Fuse #29 is used with the autolamp module and is hot during start and run.

You might think about putting a switch in somewhere to turn them off. If one should burn out or crack, you don't want to look like a dork driving around with one light on until you get a replacement.

------------------
Mark
'00 Lightning
'79+ Corvette

Old 03-06-2001 | 01:01 AM
Arrow

I just reread your message. No, connecting #2 to #5 will not work. The fog lights are powered by the head lights. So bypassing the switch will only make the fog lights come on whenever the headlights are on. There is no switched ignition power at the light switch, so it has to come from somewhere else.

------------------
Mark
'00 Lightning
'79+ Corvette

Old 03-06-2001 | 07:24 AM
|
Thanks, i'll try that and see what happens.

Old 03-06-2001 | 03:41 PM
The other possibility I can think of is to jumper pin 8 to pin 2. Pin 8 is always hot by my diagram. I don't remember if pin 8 goes off with the ignition though. Maybe give that a try as well. Good luck!

~rick
(formerly known as lightning_svt on this board)

------------------
rcarino@mindspring.com
2000 SVT F-150 Lightning (hot red, of course)

Old 03-06-2001 | 08:05 PM
|
Thanks, i got it noted. I ahve to wait for the next nice day when i have time, it may be a few days. I'll post the procedure that gets the desired outcome when i have it.

Quick Reply: I want fogs on all the time? I read it!