Lightning

IMPORTANT!! Good News...Bad news....

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2001 | 05:29 PM
|
Unhappy IMPORTANT!! Good News...Bad news....

Hey Guys and Gals, as many of you already know, I have been ill the last week or so and was unable to return any e-mails that I have accumulated. I have over 190 e-mails from the last week, so please bare with me as I will catch up on any and all questions asked of me. All e-mails that I have WILL be answered within' a week. Thank you to all that have sent me Get well soon e-mails and letters, it just shows how "our" Lightning family could really make you feel good on crappy days .

Late last year I came to JDM and had a "Custom tune" done to my already impressive times, after great results, more than I ever expected, I felt like I needed to have this available to the rest of the Lightning community. So after a few weeks of "talking it over" I made it all possible of course with the help of Jim D'Amore from JDM ENGINEERING.

I have some dissapointing news for everyone. I have done my best in making this "part time" thing with JDM a bigger and better source for the Lightning community. We started off with a great offer on a awesome Group Purchase on a lower blower pulley. But that turned into a nightmare for me........
Of course there were many that were "chipped out" from all the current competiton, and available chips programs, but yet people still gave us a try because of my recommendation and were pleased past their wildest dreams with the results.

Those that know me, know that I am true to my word and consider myself to be a honest guy, but feel I need to "walk away", I no longer will be working for JDM ENGINEERING. I have decided to step away from this industry for reasons uncontrolled by me, I wish it could be different, but it's not. Without JDM I would not have ended off the 2000 season with the "Top Dog" honors in the Lightning community. The end of the season ended off great running back to back mid' 12.30 runs at my hometrack of Cecil County Dragway in MD. These runs were made without the use of an aftermarket convertor or Nitrous Oxide System which made it even that more impressive to all of us.

I will still continue with all my testing of different products. And always give a Honest opinion just like I have done for the last year and a half on several web boards. I will continue to be one of "The Guys" you could always ask a question too and get a solid and quick reply

Trust me, this Lightning family means everything to me, and it is sad that I must go away in this manner. I have met many, many great folks in such a short period of time, and hope to continue meeting and speaking with more in the future.
Those that have placed orders through me, you orders will still be handled , but not by me.
All your information was left at the JDM shop in care of Jim himself all your payment and shipping information is there as well. Any recent changes that have been made to your orders through me have also been upgraded as well.
I appologise for upseting anyone with this news, as it also upsetting for me, and also is quite unexpected on my part. I will still be online as usual and always ready and willing to answer any TECH questions someone may have on their Lightning's, But I will no longer be Spiro@JDM. I will be back with my old roots as Spiro99SVT.

I know this may be weird and strange to some, as it is for me as well. I hope you all understand or at least try to understand, and also hope that no friendships are lost over this. See you all at the WFC4 in St.Louis, Missouri. Let's have a safe and AWESOME race year!! See ya' at the track

For the 2001 season, I will try to attend most of the NMRA events that are scheduled. I will delay the installation of my roll bar because I plan to run at full trim weight this year. With the help of a small shot of Nitrous, I plan to run in the consistent high 11 range but focusing for 12.0's. A different approach from a few months ago, but cause of this sitution I hade to make some changes in my "game-plan" for the 01' racing season.

As for the March event...Who Knows.. Maybe I will still be allowed to attend

;DLaunch Hard

Spiro-

Old 02-27-2001 | 05:47 PM
I'm sorry you have been sick I didn't even know. Didn't hear much from you in the last few months. Miss you lots. Take care of yourself.
CA

Old 02-27-2001 | 05:53 PM
Spiro, sorry to hear about the bad news, but you have always helped me out when I asked and I hope you do well with what ever you do. I also hope to put a face to the name "spiro" that I have come to know. Have fun and I hope to see you soon at some track.

Later spiro@JDM
welcome back Spiro99svt

------------------

She has allot of toys on her.
MY BABIES STAT'S
Built 5/4/99
# 917 of 4000
2001 ET: 12.???, we'll find out soon.
When the green light drops, the bullsh*t stops.
MY ZING ALBUM: http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4293132307

Old 02-27-2001 | 06:06 PM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Arrow

All together now.........

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Hope everything works out my friend. Shoot me an email when things calm down.

Bob

Old 02-27-2001 | 06:20 PM
Spiro,
I don't know ya too well, but always look forward to your posts. You're a great guy and have your stuff together. Whatever happens, happens for a reason. Bigger and better things are waiting for you. You have an awesome talent and a great business head (one of the very few).

I can totally relate to your post. I made one similar to it not long ago, somewhere else. One great thing about life, it's ever changing.

Best wishes to you
Trace

Old 02-27-2001 | 06:22 PM
Spiro,

Keep Roolin' em man'

You rooole

Berto

Old 02-27-2001 | 06:23 PM
Unhappy

Spiro,
Sorry to here that, hope everything is o.k.
Thanks for all your help and technical expertise.
Take care and good luck.
jim

Old 02-27-2001 | 06:32 PM
Bummer! I hope all goes well for you, & go after those 11's. Lloyd

------------------

2000 Black L Airaid & Superchip R9. Drag Results: Best ET: 13.07 Best MPH 103.09 Best R/T .501 (twice) Best 60' 1.631 on F1's. Mods to come: JDM 90MM MAF, JDM 2# lower pulley, JDM Oval TB, JDM Line mod valve, JDM Flip chip steet/race, PSP Electric fan kit, M/T ET streets, Drive shaft loop. I thought I could be happy with a chip & filter, but NO! 1973 Cutlass Supreme 455/450HP 4 speed. Too many Mods to list! 95 Olds Aurora 91 S10 305TPI/700r4 project 2000 freightliner FL60 Rollback tow truck My garage overuneth.
MODERATOR OR ROAD KILL AT www.svtperformance.com

Old 02-27-2001 | 06:45 PM
Spiro, I'm sorry to hear the bad news, I hope you can attend the March race at Englishtown. You are the main reason why my truck will run as good as it is going to. Well I hope it runs real well. Just over 2K miles on it now. Well good luck with everything and look forward to talking to you again....Bill

------------------
Bill
'00 white lightning-#2030 of 4966-4/6/00 thursday
muth mirrors,door key pad mod,fog light mod,
clear corners, super white; headlights,corners,fogs,
trenz billet upper and lower grills, billet 3rd brake light cover,
Bedrug, harley davidson tonneau cover,
JDM flip chip, JDM lower pulley, 90mm mass air, JDM tranny mod,
JDM 5"aluminum driveshaft,
J.L. stage 2 ram air kit
BellTech 3/4 lowering kit
more to come....
my zing album-http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4293038163
'00 harley davidson FLSTC tons of custom parts..
'99.5 nissan pathfinder le-STILLEN EQUIPPED
'88 toyota show truck(TONKA)
'91 toyota mr2 turbo (to many mods to list)
'00 yamaha banshee(toomy race kit/chrome pipes)

Old 02-27-2001 | 06:55 PM
Spiro,

For a while there, I thought you fell off the face of the earth. I'm glad you're back with us, but I sense something REALLY wrong by the overall tones of your post. I hope everything is OK.

------------------
Jim
Black '00
#1,757 built 3/30/00
Clear corners
J.L. Race program
J.L. Stage II ram-air
MagnaFlow Exhaust

Old 02-27-2001 | 07:19 PM
Spiro,
You are a good friend and have been very helpful to me many times..I was wondering how you were keeping that schedule.
Look forward to seeing you.
Jim

Old 02-27-2001 | 07:30 PM
Spiro
Hey man, Sorry to hear about this. Hope all works well, keep in touch man.

Justen

Old 02-27-2001 | 08:11 PM
Spiro
I too wish you well in what ever you do, and thanks for turning us all onto Jim. As soon as I get my L I will be getting his chip and I have you to thank for it.
Life sometimes throws us a curve, and we have to make changes, but I am sure everything will work out in the long run.
I hope to meet you sometime this summer, and would love to see you in the 12's or evem some 11's, and I love your bucket seat concole set up, SWEET.

AMF
Don

Old 02-27-2001 | 08:31 PM
Spiro,

Hope all is well. I was really looking forward to racing with you again. That was my major motivation in deciding to drive 16 hours to get to E-town. Thank for all of your help. See you at WFC4 if not sooner. Drop me an e-mail with your home #, I'd still like to pound down a few beers with you if I make it out east next month.

Lightning Bob
lightning_624of4000@yahoo.com

Old 02-27-2001 | 09:01 PM
Arrow

Spiro-
Sorry to hear about the bad news. Thought you had a good thing going. But apparently not as it seemed. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Things happen for a reason and sometimes only God knows the grander scheme of things.
Guess I won't be going to Englishtown after all.

Chin up and pedal to the metal!!
See you at WFC4.

Dan

------------------
PSP TOTALLY MODIFIED
Best ET 12.57
Best MPH 107.89
Best 60 ft 1.72
So-Far!!
Man, I LOVE These PSP PRODUCTS!!!
(Thanks Sal!!!!)

Quick Reply: IMPORTANT!! Good News...Bad news....