Lightning

Thought I would never see this day!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007 | 05:48 AM
|
Unhappy Thought I would never see this day!

Due to some serious health issues with me, I am having to let my L go.

I hate to do it.....especially since the L was featured in this month's Ford Performance Truck magazine.

Last edited by Silver_2000; 10-05-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-04-2007 | 08:21 AM
Technical Article Contributor

I hope it sells quick Chad. Get well soon.

Old 10-04-2007 | 11:48 AM
I am getting tired of ALL these people selling their L's... they are devaluating the vehicles in the process... it seems to me every friggin day somebody "has issues" and can't keep the truck no more...

hmm....

the only health issue that would make me not drive or keep my truck is DEATH... Even blindness would not make me sell it... I would give it to my son then...

everything else does not make driving the L impossible...

hmph

Old 10-04-2007 | 12:05 PM
|
Originally Posted by KwikSilvr
I am getting tired of ALL these people selling their L's... they are devaluating the vehicles in the process... it seems to me every friggin day somebody "has issues" and can't keep the truck no more...

hmm....

the only health issue that would make me not drive or keep my truck is DEATH... Even blindness would not make me sell it... I would give it to my son then...

everything else does not make driving the L impossible...

hmph
I did not think it appropriate to divulge the specifics on my health problems....but....lets just say I was inches from death. Does that count in your book

Old 10-04-2007 | 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by KwikSilvr
Well, I am getting tired of a-holes mocking someone elses misfortune. Someone was near death and you tell them you are pissed at them for devaluing your truck? Nice. Real nice.

Best wishes, afchad!

Old 10-04-2007 | 01:45 PM

hmm....

the only health issue that would make me not drive or keep my truck is DEATH...
What a tool.

afchad: Hope everything works out for you. You can always get another truck, no biggie.

Old 10-04-2007 | 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Frank S
What a tool.

afchad: Hope everything works out for you. You can always get another truck, no biggie.
Not an "L" owner but a loyal "oval" owner... It's true that you can always get another truck, and probably an L, but you only get one life to live. Good luck on selling your truck and I hope that your recovery comes quick and more easy for ya.

and kwiksilvr... wow... no comment needed. I think you just dug your own hole with your lovely post

Old 10-04-2007 | 03:53 PM
good luck with your health, don't sweat the truck, you can always replace it and if you really get the itch give one of us a holla and I am sure we will take you for a spin.
good luck.

Old 10-04-2007 | 04:16 PM
dude, i saw that article about a week ago, that is a VERY VERY nice truck. my hats off to ya.

weren't you in the military too?

Old 10-04-2007 | 04:36 PM
|
Originally Posted by crash_lucky13
dude, i saw that article about a week ago, that is a VERY VERY nice truck. my hats off to ya.

weren't you in the military too?
Yes sir....still in the Air Force. 16 years and counting. That has been a saving grace because I have been out of work for quite a while (not having to worry about being fired)

I have recieved many kind words from folks...and can tell you...it means alot. Thanks. I have only had a couple of offers. BUT....have had ALOT of people trying to convience me not to sell it. Maybe that is a sign that I shouldn't.

Old 10-04-2007 | 06:04 PM
I saw you a week ago, you were headed south on Macdill, crossing Kennedy, morning about 7:45 am.. Beautiful truck. Sorry to hear you might need to sell it, but it is just a truck, nothing can compare to your health or life. Do what you must...

Hope everything works out for you!
Good luck.

Wayne

Old 10-04-2007 | 07:09 PM
Hope you get everything sorted Chad and get to keep your truck

This place would not be the same without grass roots guys like yourself...

All the best and get well soon Buddy.
From us UK Rebels www.rebel-v8.co.uk

Old 10-04-2007 | 07:13 PM
Good luck buddy, get well. Your in my prayers.

Old 10-04-2007 | 08:10 PM
Sorry to hear bout the health issues Chad
All I can say is you will miss it like nothing else you've ever missed and they cant be replaced (but they can be improved ; o )
BUT your HEALTH is more important than ANYTHING (maybe not my health but you know what I mean) so you have to do what you have do... GET WELL PAL AND BEST OF LUCK

Me I honestly assume I wont be here in 10-20 yrs, (I did A LOT of stuff in my life and someday I know my health will pay the price) so instead I live like I'm retired NOW, believe me it's much better doing it while your young and can enjoy it I got my house in the mountains by the water, one here on LI, Beauty and the Beast, a new Explorer, and a 13 yr old son thats more spoiled than Lindsy Lo.... I couldnt tell you how much I owe out but who cares it's only paper...... LIVE EACH DAY LIKES IT'S YOUR LAST ONE,
(and let someone else pay off your loans ; o )

Old 10-04-2007 | 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by afchad
Due to some serious health issues with me, I am having to let my L go. I posted it in the classified section at NLOC and SVTPerformance.com.

I hate to do it.....especially since the L was featured in this month's Ford Performance Truck magazine. But I figure I would give my "L-brethern" dibs on it. All of you who know me know that I babied my truck...
Your health is more important and I hope thing go well for you!!!

Quick Reply: Thought I would never see this day!