Lightning

calling new mex and colorado lightning owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007 | 11:12 PM
|
calling new mex and colorado lightning owners

my buddy is selling his lightning to a man from new mexico and the guy asked him if he would have to change the tune in the truck since he lives 5000ft above sea level in new mex. Would the tune have to be changed to make it richer or what would happen if he sticks to the tune thats on it right now?

Old 10-09-2007 | 01:29 AM
So someone from New Mexico is buying your friends truck that was tuned at sea level?

Moving from sea level to a higher altitude will be fine. Going the other way could cause a problem if the tune is not setup properly. Most tuners today make tunes that adjust to elevation, boost etc.

Old 10-09-2007 | 10:22 AM
|
Originally Posted by 94Lightning Kid
So someone from New Mexico is buying your friends truck that was tuned at sea level?

Moving from sea level to a higher altitude will be fine. Going the other way could cause a problem if the tune is not setup properly. Most tuners today make tunes that adjust to elevation, boost etc.
thats what i tought, id have to let him know know. i was told that at higher elevations they run more boost and more timing to make up for thin air.

Quick Reply: calling new mex and colorado lightning owners