Lightning

Reality Check (off subject)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2001, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Reality Check (off subject)

Hey all,
Went thru a reality check this past week..
On the 3rd of this month I get a call from my brother who lives out in Ohio near my parents. He says that my father has had an aneurysm (sp?) and that he is in the hospital and is being operated on. Well I am at home here outside of Philthadelphia awaiting a gigantic snowstorm. Wait overnight and decide to head home to see him. Head out in the new car (it's a Kia, don't laugh and don't flame me PLEASE)onto the PA turnpike. 30 miles into the trip the windshield wipers decide they are not going to work anymore. Call the Kia people and they say a tow truck will be there in 30 minutes. Me being the doubting Thomas that I am say ya right. To my surprise, 10 minutes later a flat bed arrives and we head out and get the car fixed. The time to return to a Kia dealer took longer than the fix. Anyway, after taking 12 and a half hours to do an 8 and half trip we arrive at home. We head out to the hospital and I see my father in a position I have never seen before. Here he is, in a hospital bed with all sorts of tubes stuck in his mouth, a ventilator working his lungs and monitors and all sorts of drugs and stuff being pumped into his body. Worst part is, that there is nothing I can do. Lucky for him and us the hole is in the aoerta behind the heart and not in his brain. Doctors told us that the hole was the size of my thumb and that they had to use a synthetic patch on it. He is now recovering (slowly), but he is recovering. Also during this time period, I find out that my daughter had miscarried. She also lives in Ohio with her hubby. Go to see her at her house and get a ticket for being parked the wrong way on a street. After reading the ticket and getting in the car and starting it up the O/D light is flashing and the check engine light is on. So take the car to another dealer and find the code was "Gear Ratio incorrect". They cleared it out and tested the vehicle. It was okay. Went home the next day and was called by my sister who said that dad had been moved out of ICU and into Cardio Care Unit. To me that is a big step forward and hopefully things will keep going that way. I hope that I don't have to see too many of these situations cause I don't like them too much. I understand that it is part of life, but I don't have to like it. Thanks for reading this rant and everyone take care of yourselves and your families, because they are all we have.

Steve and Sharon

------------------
99.5 Black Lightning
Truck #2215 of 4000
13.78@99.85m.p.h.
Bed Liner
Water Wetter
A.R.E. tonneau
Mobil 1 Synthetic
Smoked Driving Light Covers

Old 03-12-2001, 04:03 PM
I hope and pray for a speedy recovery for your family members. Glad to hear your father is doing better

Brian

Old 03-12-2001, 04:04 PM
Unhappy

Everybody needs to rant now and then. Hope things get better.

Old 03-12-2001, 04:23 PM
Sometimes it seems that nothing goes right, but everything gets better in time.

I'll be praying for you and your family.

------------------
99 Lightning, Bassani exhaust, JL Ram Air, Superchip(JL Programmed), Level 10 shift kit. 13.4 at 105.5 on street tires.
Next up: Lower Blower pulley, 90mm MAF, slicks.

Old 03-12-2001, 05:20 PM
Arrow

Very sorry to hear about your father, I know that he will get well very soon... Well you know thats life just when everything seems to be going right something jumps up and kick's you in the ***!

Talk to you later my freind

01, Black, Lightning
K@N air filter
Super flip Chip

Old 03-12-2001, 05:46 PM
blackbolt
I wish your father and daughter well. I am sure things will get better.

Old 03-12-2001, 05:47 PM
Unhappy

blackbolt,

I know what you are going through right now. And you have my deepest sympathy. Crap happened to me over the past few weeks as well. My sister was rear ended in my 89 CRX. She wasnt to badly hurt but the baby she is carrying might be. Then this past monday my step dad died at the age of 62. And I couldnt get the truck out of the driveway to get down to console my step mom. When it rains it pours.

------------------
1999 Lightning
12.88 @ 104.5

Old 03-12-2001, 07:51 PM
Steve and Sharon,
I am so sorry to hear what has been going on. My thoughts and prayers and hugs are with you both. I miss you guys so much. I think about you both often and hope that things look up for you very soon.
With Love
CA

Old 03-12-2001, 09:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Steve and Sharon,
I truly know what you're going through. I to got a call that my father was rushed to the hospital with heart problems. Unfortunately there wasn't anything that could be done for my father and I lost him three years ago this month. It still isn't easy to talk about. You are very fortunate to have more time to spend with him. My wife and I wish you and your family the best.
Ron and Leslie

Quick Reply: Reality Check (off subject)