Lightning

Anyone know the RMS output of the stock stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2001, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Anyone know the RMS output of the stock stereo?

The title says it all.

Thanks!

Old 03-12-2001, 07:40 PM
No, but after removing the front speakers last weekend to replace them, I noticed they said 25W on the backside of the magnet.

------------------
Jim
Black '00
#1,757 built 3/30/00
Clear corners
JDM street program
JDM 2# blower pulley (ordered)
J.L. Stage II ram-air
FRPP Oval throttle body (ordered)
90mm MAF
MagnaFlow Exhaust

Old 03-12-2001, 07:47 PM
Smile

I'm assuming this means 4x20w.

Radio: Premium AM/FM with Cassette
Includes radio/tape scan, AM stereo, auto-memory set, unique 4-channel premium amplifier with 80 total watts RMS, Automatic Dynamic Noise Reduction (DNR) on FM, CrO2 capability on tape, radio play during tape rewind/fast forward, premium dual cone rear speakers and premium front door speakers, CD changer compatible and radio data system (RDS).

Old 03-12-2001, 09:01 PM
Numbers are numbers. Audiophiles or people that have had some experience with high-end audio will tell you that the entire system sucks. Average listners think it is okay. Its all personal taste. If you think you can make it sound better and/or you want it to sound better then you can make huge improvements over stock depending on your budget.

My personal opinion is it is okay for AM radio and thats about all. 20 Watts of crap power doesn't really sound better than 100 watts of crap power. You'll just get louder crap.

Old 03-12-2001, 10:00 PM
Yup, it sux In reality my guess would be about 5w X 4, at any rate they are some of the crapiest speakers i've seen in awhile. Go to Crutchfields and look at cd/receiver heads. Sanyo doesnt make anything remotely "premium", not IMHO. We got 150.00 radios, retail! Personally i replaced and added, up to around 1500, and still have the head. You wouldnt believe it, its better than my Lincoln JBL system at this point. Just waiting to see the 2001 heads. Sony ES C90 reference cd/tuner, check it out
Oh ya before somebody jumps an me, go to a sound shop and ask what the sony, JL and fosgate amps put out in reality compared to the advertised. Apparently there is a lot a room to exaggerate claims, depends on how you measured andf all. So they all lie a lot. Go high end and have some security, some.
Good Luck and have fun.

------------------
Silver '00 Lightning.
#3962/4966 6/16/00
PSP filter kit.
JL 300/4 amp, JL-XR's, VR's and 10WO, Crossfire 75.2 amp.
Ligted Logos.
Xenon bulbs X 4.
Clear corners, Altezza tails on order.

Quick Reply: Anyone know the RMS output of the stock stereo?