Lightning

Supercharger Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007 | 03:24 PM
|
Supercharger Problem

I Have A 2000 Lightning And I Just Relaced My Supercharger About 2 Months Ago With A Brand New One From The Factory I Was Getting Noise From It And There Was Oil Leaking Into The Air Box. Today I Heard The Same Noise From It And I Opened The Air Box And Seen It Wet With Oil Again Need Help Please........ Thanks

Old 11-17-2007 | 04:16 PM
Get A Oil Seperator, As For The Noise You Need To Confirm Where Its Coming From. Doubtful Its The New Blower.

What area are you in?

Old 11-17-2007 | 04:19 PM
|
I'm In Mass I'm Just So Frustrated Because It's The Same Noise That The Old Blower Was Making It's Not As Bad But I Did Hear It

Old 11-17-2007 | 04:42 PM
a noise... any more detail?

Old 11-17-2007 | 05:22 PM
Well next time u feel the urge to replace the blower, be sure to look at other than Ford. Kenne Bell and Whipple make some that will rip the pants out from under that L. Yea get an oil seperator and put it in line of the PCV valve, to the left( Pass Side) of the supercharger. It will need emptied about every oil change.

Old 11-17-2007 | 05:32 PM
|
well the noise is always on decell or when i start the truck and it's sounds like it's sucking too much air in kind of hard to recreat the sound woooooowoooo and stops lol sorry all i can give use guys

Old 11-17-2007 | 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by FAST JOHN
well the noise is always on decell or when i start the truck and it's sounds like it's sucking too much air in kind of hard to recreat the sound woooooowoooo and stops lol sorry all i can give use guys
Hey watch the way you decribe a sound, I have patents on most WOO HOO's
and WOO WOO WOO's

If your in Mass then it's getting colder there too, is it possible your experiencing cavatation ??? When the seasons change and the cool air comes in some Lightning's experience a sound that people call Cavitation, and your right it is an air kind of sound (sorta). Usually people describe it more as a snarling grindy grumbling kind of noise. It usually happens when the motor is cold and it's cold out, mostly on idle. If you put it in n and give it a little gas the noise should go away. You may be describing something differant I'm just throwing something out there...

Did they wrrnty the Supercharger or did you just go out and buy one ?
Please tell us what was wrong with the first one ??? (besides just saying it made a noise). Was there a problem with the Rotors hitting the case ? Was there a problem in the front snout, gear, bearing, pulley ???
Those Eaton M112's are a work horses and it's hard to believe one went bad, let alone another one, "unless something is wrong" and therefore destroying them.

The oil is something most live with and you could search and read forever about it and a million tricks to help it, (leave it 1/2 qt low on oil, buy a better pcv valve, use an oil seperator, add another pcv valve on the other side, etc)

Old 11-17-2007 | 06:33 PM
|
well the noise is in the ballpark on what u said but my other charger that i replaced had alot of signs of wear on the rotors. i do have a aftermarket warrenty and they did replace it but when it was making the noise it was like in the 80's

Last edited by FAST JOHN; 11-17-2007 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-18-2007 | 09:53 AM
Go out and pull the belt off the supercharger and see if it still makes the noise without it. Who did the switch , a mechanic or you? How many miles? IAC ever been an issue? Does it idle perfect? With the belt off does the noise change if you turn the steering wheel all the way one way or the other?

Old 11-19-2007 | 08:08 PM
|
Thumbs up

Thanks For All The Help Guys

Old 11-19-2007 | 11:37 PM
John... Whereabouts in MASS? Is your truck modified in any way (pulleys, CAI, boost bypass, etc.)? These superchargers are pretty noisy when you get on it... are you talking about idle, normal driving, flooring it, or what?

Old 11-20-2007 | 04:45 PM
|
i'm out of new bedford the truck is stock no upgrades yet. and the noise is at idle or at about 1500 rpms

Old 11-20-2007 | 11:53 PM
Mine has aftermarket upper & lower, and usually a smaller upper produces some weird sounds, like a can of marbles being inside the blower at idle. Could be the cold weather? Still makes it once you've driven for 15-20 minutes?

Quick Reply: Supercharger Problem